[DPR] B.E.S. Big Core MK-4 (No Barriers on the Road to Ruination)

Black D'Sceptyr

b_e_s__big_core_mk_4_by_bdsceptyr-dbv982

[spoiler=B.E.S. Big Core MK-4: Info]

DARK/Machine-Type Effect Monster/Level 8/2800 ATK/1900 DEF

Lore: While this card is in your hand or field (Ouick Effect): You can return 1 "Boss Rush" or "B.E.F. Zelos" you control to the hand and pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card from your hand, or if this card is already on the field, activate or Set 1 Spell/Trap from your hand instead. You can only use this effect of "B.E.S. Big Core MK-4" once per turn. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Place up to 3 counters on "B.E.S." monsters you control. Cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled: Remove 1 counter from this card. If you cannot, destroy it.

OMG FOUR DIFFERENT CORES TO DEFEND THIS CARD AND A SUMMON EFFECT

But yeah, this might help to make a pure Big Core Deck usable with the right support-which I'll be revealed tomorrow.

And really, I love talking at length for cards like this, but I've been in talks with my siblings and they said they've put a lock on my computer to keep away my more technophilic urges. Dunno what they're going off on, but they said it was 'inspired by this game' whatevs. 

So yeah, this'll easily net a usable spot for the B.E.S. Archetype, especially in terms of helping to get around Boss Rush's hellish constrictions. Lemm know if it holds up on its own tho.

Till then, reviews, revels, you know the [iNSERT COIN TO CONTINUE]

Update I: Changed the Summon effects of B.E.S. Big Core MK-4, and made the counter-placing effect a more beneficial encounter to straggling B.E.S.es.

Man, if the rest of the B.E.S. archetype wasn't borderline trash, this card would actually be absurdly broken. This card makes the other B.E.S. monsters look like toy machines in comparison lol, which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing.

First thing, I really would prefer if this card had a harder summon restriction than it does now. Also, I would feel less iffy about it if say for the first effect, you made it only activatable during your opponent's turn, giving them a better opportunity for the turn to go in on your B.E.S. monsters in exchange for being able to SS MK-4 or activate whatever Spell/Trap is in your hand...

..however, being able to also use Zelos SS effect during your turn, bounce Zelos, SS this card, activate Zelos again for Boss Rush snag, then use Zelos to SS again is pretty strong, but since it boils down to actually having more B.E.S. in hand, in which they have no good "to hand" search engine to make this consistent, I really can't complain.

Why is it a Tuner, also? I don't get that at all, especially since it's Level 8. Just felt like a "why not" decision and not something actually applicable to the B.E.S. archetype. The negation effect would be fine, but taking in consideration the strength of the first effect, I don't know if this card is justified to have this effect too, it's just too much.

Once again, the only thing stopping this card from being dumb broken is that B.E.S. is still pretty bad, even with Zelos, and this certainly helps alleviate some of it's slowness and makes the archetype stronger overall... just might be a little too good by itself. I would like to see this card in action to really determine how OP this is.

IMO this is a little too good, even if B.E.S. aren't exactly top tier. I mean, this is an easy-to-Summon 2800-ATK monster armed with a single-card negation, that can be backed up by Zelos. Plus it's a quick effect Summon just for the overkill, apparently. An average at best archetype doesn't justify a card with this power, IMO, and I don't support this kind of overcompensating design, so to speak. I dare to say it conflicts with futureproofing as well, because what if suddenly B.E.S. get support that get them to the to tiers? Then this surely would break something. Although admittedly this falls in theory territory.

Man, if the rest of the B.E.S. archetype wasn't borderline trash, this card would actually be absurdly broken. This card makes the other B.E.S. monsters look like toy machines in comparison lol, which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing.

First thing, I really would prefer if this card had a harder summon restriction than it does now. Also, I would feel less iffy about it if say for the first effect, you made it only activatable during your opponent's turn, giving them a better opportunity for the turn to go in on your B.E.S. monsters in exchange for being able to SS MK-4 or activate whatever Spell/Trap is in your hand...

..however, being able to also use Zelos SS effect during your turn, bounce Zelos, SS this card, activate Zelos again for Boss Rush snag, then use Zelos to SS again is pretty strong, but since it boils down to actually having more 

IMO this is a little too good, even if B.E.S. aren't exactly top tier. I mean, this is an easy-to-Summon 2800-ATK monster armed with a single-card negation, that can be backed up by Zelos. Plus it's a quick effect Summon just for the overkill, apparently. An average at best archetype doesn't justify a card with this power, IMO, and I don't support this kind of overcompensating design, so to speak. I dare to say it conflicts with futureproofing as well, because what if suddenly B.E.S. get support that get them to the to tiers? Then this surely would break something. Although admittedly this falls in theory territory.

B.E.S. in hand, in which they have no good "to hand" search engine to make this consistent, I really can't complain.

Why is it a Tuner, also? I don't get that at all, especially since it's Level 8. Just felt like a "why not" decision and not something actually applicable to the B.E.S. archetype. The negation effect would be fine, but taking in consideration the strength of the first effect, I don't know if this card is justified to have this effect too, it's just too much.

Once again, the only thing stopping this card from being dumb broken is that B.E.S. is still pretty bad, even with Zelos, and this certainly helps alleviate some of it's slowness and makes the archetype stronger overall... just might be a little too good by itself. I would like to see this card in action to really determine how OP this is.

You both have made vaild points-I'm mostly trying to edge out a proper design for the 4th variation on Big Core, since I'll be dropping some B.E.S./Gradius support soon.

Originally I was trying to go for the B.E.S. equivalent to Traptrix Mantis, something that could help the back row with bouncing capacity, especially considering their main field-stability card-well, besides their own battle immunity-is Boss Rush, and it inhibits Normal Summons. This became a notable downside when I made an Invoked build with them because otherwise the B.E.S. and Invoked went together amazingly well.

I'll be bringing Big Core MK-4 into more nerfable territory now. 

Hold on.

I want to say you are on the right track, though, since I do like the quick effect "Summon and negate something" trick, but not on a 2800-ATK behemoth protected by Zelos. A lower ATK or perhaps a "no attacking the next turn(s)" clause may do the trick.

I want to say you are on the right track, though, since I do like the quick effect "Summon and negate something" trick, but not on a 2800-ATK behemoth protected by Zelos. A lower ATK or perhaps a "no attacking the next turn(s)" clause may do the trick.

Understandable, but even I thought that effect was a bit much on this card. Especially for something that's supposed to be a straight upgrade on a monster which needs no stuff on board to summon and already allows you to have effectively a second set of Spell/Trap Zones with its effect.

Archived