Mod count [Serious]

Sleepy

1. Basically responding to the last part of my post about requesting new mod candidates. 

2. About what Night has done lately. 

At this time, is there a pressing need to add a new moderator to TCG to make it 2, or is 1 of them sufficient? While we're at it, how has Broke. N done as a moderator thus far. 

====

Cow, if Night doesn't answer your PM, you can just add Flame and I to it, unless the matter is confidential between you two.

He's been trying to change a few things still not implemented. I think so far he did listen to feedback, and I would have dropped in my two cents if the stuff I wanted to say hadn't already been covered by other comments.

Other than that, I think there hasn't been much more activity from him.

- At some point some avatar-less member posted Elemental HERO Solidman using a custom effect with no tags signaling it wasn't confirmed, and I think he might have taken it from a custom card from Thomas Zero (but I haven't checked the dates to tell for sure if the chicken or the egg came first). I don't think that was ever addressed (or reported either, to be fair. It wasn't like, much of a big deal but still).

- The OCG banlist for October 2017 is still sticked, while the January 2018 is still not.

- There also isn't much to him posting as a member in topics. Take that as you will since it's not a mod's job to post as a regular member while they manage the place, but other than the rule implementations I'm not sure what else to say about him.

- Lastly, his reform thread. I think I lost the date at which draft 1 disappeared and a locked draft 2 appeared, but in there he mentions a new upcoming news subsection, but don't we already have "TCG and OCG News, Information, and Tournaments"? I am not sure what the difference would be. There really isn't somewhere to ask about that detail other than PM, but I figured it maybe was a line lost in the changing of the draft, and that he's probably gonna be aware of it when it gets to it.

^For all I know BrokeN could be working in something super amazing or beating invisible ninja ghosts regular TCG people can't see, but as of right now, that's the assessment from my perspective. To conclude: It wouldn't hurt to make a few rounds every few days to manage those little details if they pop out. Look at this more as feedback than judgment.

I don't think the section is active enough to really need 2 mods, and the above of my post is not enough to warrant an extra one, but if he feels he'll be needing help, it really wouldn't hurt to have somebody else as a cleanup person. An eternal junior/assistant if you will, because if you give them equal powers people will start complaining about one of them not doing as much as the other even if there is nothing else to do anywhere in TCG, and riots will probably happen (knowing YCM).

- - - - - - - - -

In the subject of Night: I vaguely recall Night at some point saying something along the lines of " I tried to demote me twice, but people still need me".

This is why I think it is fine for him specifically to get an axe, because if that was him, he seems to want to xD

Before Evilfusion, I recall Night was deemed the head, even when inactive (because YCMaker isn't interested in personally interacting with members that joined after 2007). He rarely gets summoned though. 

Haven't seen Zai in a while. Did he change name/avatar or am I just in the wrong places of the forum, btw?

I also wanted to ask about the ghost admin accounts. I remember back when Pika was a mod, they made like 3 admin ones for mods to use when needed. It was like Iron man going for an extra powerful suit for a task. If those, or Evilfusion's old super mod status, were capable of doing things current super-mod  powers can't do, I'm kinda sad because it's like "we burned our weapons because we didn't remember they were there or what they were for".... Well, I guess no point in crying over spilled.... huh.. milk. Just wanted to mention that and hope that I misunderstood it and we didn't burn the Triforoce the goddesses (YCMaker) bestowed before leaving forever.

- - - -

To be honest, I am barely invested in this thread at the moment, because as Pika said, we kind of need to define what we want or else we'll just be discussing forever. Nothing can stay vaguely defined (as much as possible) so every exchange should have been refining those demands in this thread....

I reinstate I just wanted an assessment on who to contact and who not to PM in the mod forum if needed. I did not make the original thread to get an argument for heads rolling. I made it at Misc for that reason xD

I mean, it doesn't bother me that it is now being used for something that might get somewhere, so just saying I'm not in the "kill everybody" side on this.....

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been trying to change a few things still not implemented. I think so far he did listen to feedback, and I would have dropped in my two cents if the stuff I wanted to say hadn't already been covered by other comments.

Other than that, I think there hasn't been much more activity from him.

- At some point some avatar-less member posted Elemental HERO Solidman using a custom effect with no tags signaling it wasn't confirmed, and I think he might have taken it from a custom card from Thomas Zero (but I haven't checked the dates to tell for sure if the chicken or the egg came first). I don't think that was ever addressed (or reported either, to be fair. It wasn't like, much of a big deal but still).

- The OCG banlist for October 2017 is still sticked, while the January 2018 is still not.

- There also isn't much to him posting as a member in topics. Take that as you will since it's not a mod's job to post as a regular member while they manage the place, but other than the rule implementations I'm not sure what else to say about him.

- Lastly, his reform thread. I think I lost the date at which draft 1 disappeared and a locked draft 2 appeared, but in there he mentions a new upcoming news subsection, but don't we already have "TCG and OCG News, Information, and Tournaments"? I am not sure what the difference would be. There really isn't somewhere to ask about that detail other than PM, but I figured it maybe was a line lost in the changing of the draft, and that he's probably gonna be aware of it when it gets to it.

^For all I know BrokeN could be working in something super amazing or beating invisible ninja ghosts regular TCG people can't see, but as of right now, that's the assessment from my perspective. To conclude: It wouldn't hurt to make a few rounds every few days to manage those little details if they pop out. Look at this more as feedback than judgment.

I don't think the section is active enough to really need 2 mods, and the above of my post is not enough to warrant an extra one, but if he feels he'll be needing help, it really wouldn't hurt to have somebody else as a cleanup person. An eternal junior/assistant if you will, because if you give them equal powers people will start complaining about one of them not doing as much as the other even if there is nothing else to do anywhere in TCG, and riots will probably happen (knowing YCM).

- - - - - - - - -

In the subject of Night: I vaguely recall Night at some point saying something along the lines of " I tried to demote me twice, but people still need me".

This is why I think it is fine for him specifically to get an axe, because if that was him, he seems to want to xD

Before Evilfusion, I recall Night was deemed the head, even when inactive (because YCMaker isn't interested in personally interacting with members that joined after 2007). He rarely gets summoned though. 

Haven't seen Zai in a while. Did he change name/avatar or am I just in the wrong places of the forum, btw?

I also wanted to ask about the ghost admin accounts. I remember back when Pika was a mod, they made like 3 admin ones for mods to use when needed. It was like Iron man going for an extra powerful suit for a task. If those, or Evilfusion's old super mod status, were capable of doing things current super-mod  powers can't do, I'm kinda sad because it's like "we burned our weapons because we didn't remember they were there or what they were for".... Well, I guess no point in crying over spilled.... huh.. milk. Just wanted to mention that and hope that I misunderstood it and we didn't burn the Triforoce the goddesses (YCMaker) bestowed before leaving forever.

- - - -

To be honest, I am barely invested in this thread at the moment, because as Pika said, we kind of need to define what we want or else we'll just be discussing forever. Nothing can stay vaguely defined (as much as possible) so every exchange should have been refining those demands in this thread....

I reinstate I just wanted an assessment on who to contact and who not to PM in the mod forum if needed. I did not make the original thread to get an argument for heads rolling. I made it at Misc for that reason xD

I mean, it doesn't bother me that it is now being used for something that might get somewhere, so just saying I'm not in the "kill everybody" side on this.....

1. If you're talking about the Solidman thing Babymon posted a while back in standard TCG (and to be fair, he does it a fair bit), multiple members did report it and was addressed (think I was the one who handled it as Broken was offline at the time).

From what other members said in the thread, some guy on Pojo made the effect. Thomas Zero made his own version in Custom Cards, which is acceptable.

2. That can be addressed within a matter of seconds. 

3. Yeah, you aren't necessarily required to post in every thread in your section (like I don't comment on every thread in Custom Cards because I do have other things that I need to do / proper design for things). I do scan the place every time I come on though.

4. The differences between draft 1 and 2 should be bolded in the changes, and he announced when draft 2 came up. As for his pitch, yeah, that subforum in TCG (the one where pack releases and stuff are announced) becomes a proper forum.

So, you would then have the following:

-  TCG/OCG News for leaks and speculation

- Current TCG/OCG forum for regular discussion

- Your Deck remains the same. 

I'll note that he is running the plans with us so we can review them. It is a section-specific thing and mods usually have more leeway to do things on their own, but it never hurts to ask for feedback from colleagues. 

At this time, I will assume he is further revising the plans based on your input and what we've given to them for draft 3. For the most part, our recommendations were basically enforcement of an Advanced Clause for overall posting (mostly for replies), proper titles for threads and maybe citing sources, among addressing the interactions that usually happen in there. Though, a handful of you also had the same suggestions.

5. Zai's still here, but usually restricted to RPs and stuff. There's a suggestion for Fanfics that he should probably look over too, as that is still under his watch.

6. Not sure about the ghost admin accounts if we still have them. I mean, those of you who remember my Sapphira account from 2014 know that it is used for Damage Control stuff (but that's it; no full moderation powers because I didn't have the power to give it that much at the time). I rarely use it though except if I get locked out for whatever reason in here. 

evil had one too iirc, but he retired it before resignation.

Right now, would probably help if we had one that could access the Look/Feel module as it still asks for a password. 

====

A lot of the changes for TCG haven't gone into effect yet because of feedback and figuring out how to best implement the policies and fix the section while making it something people will be willing to abide by. 

I think your post got messed up cause I am confused what you're saying this about.

Also I know one thing the "third voice of reason" has done

NOT ANSWER MY PM

DAMMIT NIGHT I WILL WHOOP YO BUTT

Though that reminds me to do something...

At the present time, there are NO plans to either remove moderators and/or appoint new ones. When mod selections are up, a thread will be made in this section for you to comment on the choices. 

This line mostly

Question on Broke. N. What can/has he done that any other user could not. Just wondering what his initial qualifications were

6. Not sure about the ghost admin accounts if we still have them. I mean, those of you who remember my Sapphira account from 2014 know that it is used for Damage Control stuff (but that's it; no full moderation powers because I didn't have the power to give it that much at the time). I rarely use it though except if I get locked out for whatever reason in here. 

Oh man, I forgot about Damage Control. Kind of a random thought, but what about potentially merging the concepts of Damage Control and PR Mod? I mean, I think they could compliment each other rather well. I may be misrepresenting what Damage Control was actually for, but why not have, say, a position that effectively handles both duties?

Though I'm personally also in favor of, rather than having a single dedicated "PR Mod", just have everyone in the current mod team be more engaged in PR as a whole. So rather than it being its own position, it's just folded in with current duties.

1. If you're talking about the Solidman thing Babymon posted a while back in standard TCG (and to be fair, he does it a fair bit), multiple members did report it and was addressed (think I was the one who handled it as Broken was offline at the time).

From what other members said in the thread, some guy on Pojo made the effect. Thomas Zero made his own version in Custom Cards, which is acceptable.

2. That can be addressed within a matter of seconds. 

3. Yeah, you aren't necessarily required to post in every thread in your section (like I don't comment on every thread in Custom Cards because I do have other things that I need to do / proper design for things). I do scan the place every time I come on though.

4. The differences between draft 1 and 2 should be bolded in the changes, and he announced when draft 2 came up. As for his pitch, yeah, that subforum in TCG (the one where pack releases and stuff are announced) becomes a proper forum.

So, you would then have the following:

-  TCG/OCG News for leaks and speculation

- Current TCG/OCG forum for regular discussion

- Your Deck remains the same. 

I'll note that he is running the plans with us so we can review them. It is a section-specific thing and mods usually have more leeway to do things on their own, but it never hurts to ask for feedback from colleagues. 

At this time, I will assume he is further revising the plans based on your input and what we've given to them for draft 3. For the most part, our recommendations were basically enforcement of an Advanced Clause for overall posting (mostly for replies), proper titles for threads and maybe citing sources, among addressing the interactions that usually happen in there. Though, a handful of you also had the same suggestions.

5. Zai's still here, but usually restricted to RPs and stuff. There's a suggestion for Fanfics that he should probably look over too, as that is still under his watch.

evil had one too iirc, but he retired it before resignation.

Right now, would probably help if we had one that could access the Look/Feel module as it still asks for a password. 

====

A lot of the changes for TCG haven't gone into effect yet because of feedback and figuring out how to best implement the policies and fix the section while making it something people will be willing to abide by. 

First than anything, thank you for the reply. Though I'm curious on a few things. 

1) If it is fine for me to know, I'd like to hear about the addressing of Solidman. I mean, thread is not locked, no tag was added, fake effect is still under the image, and the member seems to not be active since 6 days ago, but like... what exactly was done? 

2) I guess this refers to the OCG pinning list for Jan 2018. Indeed it can be, sooooo can we? because I was under the impression the reply had the tone of "that's super quick and easy, just watch, BAM!".

Other than that, yeah, I know there was a date for deliberation for his drafts. I wanna clarify that when I mentioned I missed the transition, it wasn't a complaint towards BrokeN to say I missed it. So sorry if it sounded as such. I also (just in case) gotta say my previous post in this thread was more of an "Oh, well now that it is asked, here's my two cents", rather than harsh complaints I'd actively pursue. Same goes for this post, it is just curiosity speaking (I mean, Solidman thread is dead right now and everybody already knows what's up with its OP so it's not exactly an urgent business xD )

Oh man, I forgot about Damage Control. Kind of a random thought, but what about potentially merging the concepts of Damage Control and PR Mod? I mean, I think they could compliment each other rather well. I may be misrepresenting what Damage Control was actually for, but why not have, say, a position that effectively handles both duties?

Though I'm personally also in favor of, rather than having a single dedicated "PR Mod", just have everyone in the current mod team be more engaged in PR as a whole. So rather than it being its own position, it's just folded in with current duties.

Damage Control is basically the equivalent of Junior Moderator right now in terms of functionality. Though, because the warning system is still busted, they can't really do much except for locking threads and stuff.

But yeah, the latter with all of us being more open about stuff is what we're ideally trying to accomplish, as opposed to just getting one moderator just to do that. Admittedly, we all have our flaws in communication and the transparency thread in News is somewhat of a start to improving that. 

First than anything, thank you for the reply. Though I'm curious on a few things. 

1) If it is fine for me to know, I'd like to hear about the addressing of Solidman. I mean, thread is not locked, no tag was added, fake effect is still under the image, and the member seems to not be active since 6 days ago, but like... what exactly was done? 

2) I guess this refers to the OCG pinning list for Jan 2018. Indeed it can be, sooooo can we? because I was under the impression the reply had the tone of "that's super quick and easy, just watch, BAM!".

Other than that, yeah, I know there was a date for deliberation for his drafts. I wanna clarify that when I mentioned I missed the transition, it wasn't a complaint towards BrokeN to say I missed it. So sorry if it sounded as such. I also (just in case) gotta say my previous post in this thread was more of an "Oh, well now that it is asked, here's my two cents", rather than harsh complaints I'd actively pursue. Same goes for this post, it is just curiosity speaking (I mean, Solidman thread is dead right now and everybody already knows what's up with its OP so it's not exactly an urgent business xD )

1. All that happened was just moving said thread to the News section, at least from understanding of the new changes. Thread wasn't locked, yes, because card isn't fake news (it exists but rather, we don't have confirmed effect/stats to work with). Tagging it ourselves is a thing, as he did have an issue of not doing it himself. 

You guys can still comment in the thread though.

2. It really isn't that hard; just would require a quick unsticky and stuff. Will get to it after this post.

But yeah, this really goes out to everyone who has an interest in TCG. Make sure you guys weigh in on the proposals before they do go into effect, otherwise whatever you see there will be the rules you'll have to follow. 

But yeah, this really goes out to everyone who has an interest in TCG. Make sure you guys weigh in on the proposals before they do go into effect, otherwise whatever you see there will be the rules you'll have to follow.

I'm still waiting for the concerns brought up ten or so days ago to be addressed.

Archived