Avengers: Infinity War

Shradow

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=finally got to see it]

YOOOOOO mah boi Red Skull's back and he's a Dementor, fuckin' sick. I figured he wasn't dead after the first Captain America movie but after the next two had no sign of him I thought they might've actually done it. Glad to see him again, even if it was only for a little bit. I love Red Skull, such a cool villain. All the time spent guarding the Soul Stone seems to have mellowed him out, too.

I was expecting character deaths, but even before the whole disintegration thing (btw I'm sure post-snap people will be okay in the end but I dunno about pre-snap deaths) I wasn't expecting the stuff like Heimdall or Gamora. Jury's still out on Loki, though, he's the one character who even if you see the body he still might not be dead. I knew some form of disintegration was gonna happen because the only thing I knew about the movie beforehand was the "I don't feel so good." meme without any context. I wasn't sure who would've said it beforehand but now after seeing the movie having it be a Peter quote makes perfect sense. I'm really surprised that Stark is still alive, out of everyone he's the one guy I figured was dead for sure in this movie.

Once Thanos got the Time Stone I figured it was over cuz time bullshit, but I can only assume Strange has set a plan in motion that leads to the 1 reality where they win, out of the 14 million or whatever that he saw.

That last shot of Thanos was pretty dope, though, not gonna lie. Very pretty sunrise. Having it say Thanos will be the one to return was a nice touch, too. And at least now that his work is done, he'll be resting indefinitely, giving the heroes plenty of time to mount a counteroffensive once Captain Marvel joins them. Also, I'm curious what the state of the stones and gauntlet is, they looked pretty messed up after the snap.

But those bastards, they actually did it. They killed Samuel L. Jackson. I did love how he was cut off about to say "JABRONI," very iconic Samuel L. Jackson word. Maybe when he comes back he'll finish the word.

Overall, fantastic movie. Despite the sheer amount of cast members as well as the handful of new characters, things didn't feel cluttered. How the combat and everything escalated on multiple fronts all together like it did was done really well. And thankfully Marvel is good at having the right amount of comedy without it being over the top, I enjoyed all the jokes and stuff in this movie. Drax's invisible and "Why is Gamora?" jokes, Quill trying to be manly in front of Thor, the Peters talking about old movies, Rocket trying to get Bucky's gun and arm (I guess he can have the gun now), etc. All the new interactions between groups were great. The mixture of music scores was wonderful, too. And the Stan Lee cameo was short but sweet, they didn't make a massive deal about his inclusion despite how monumental a movie this is. Not sure if I'd say it's my favorite Marvel movie, though, because despite how awesome it is it's just a very somber turn of events.

[spoiler=I now have PTSD and depression]

*@$& u thanos

+@#$ u

Anyway, pretty much everyone died. I’m kinda bugged. They literally killed off more than half the Avengers (including supporters), and that included muh man Nick Fury and spider bby boi. I ‘gree with whoever said this, I dunno what Thanos was thinking not making more resources instead of killing HALF THE UNIVERSE, resulting in MASSIVE DEATH AND CHAOS. I guess that when he first started his project killing half of everone was the only way for him to achieve his (admittably honorable) end goal, but now that he controls the universe he has no excuse besides being a madman.

The only ways to fix this are:

The Time Stone.

Stark Tech creating hypernukes that can kill Eternals.

Captain Marvel.

I pretty much agree with the 5th and 6th pages about the entire movie.

It was kinda depressing though, because they kept setting up Hope Spots and towards the end I began to fear that the rumors about being the last Avengers movie would be true, given the bad music of the credits...

Then Nick Fury pulled out his transmitter and I knew hope wasn’t lost. Then Nick Fury started dying and I thought it was lost again. Then Captain Femini- MARVEL’s logo appeared and I was sent back to my high hopes.

Cliff Hanger’s Emotional Rollercoaster of Doom: The Movie/10

[spoiler=I now have PTSD and depression]

*@$& u thanos

+@#$ u

Anyway, pretty much everyone died. I’m kinda bugged. They literally killed off more than half the Avengers (including supporters), and that included muh man Nick Fury and spider bby boi. I ‘gree with whoever said this, I dunno what Thanos was thinking not making more resources instead of killing HALF THE UNIVERSE, resulting in MASSIVE DEATH AND CHAOS. I guess that when he first started his project killing half of everone was the only way for him to achieve his (admittably honorable) end goal, but now that he controls the universe he has no excuse besides being a madman.

The only ways to fix this are:

The Time Stone.

Stark Tech creating hypernukes that can kill Eternals.

Captain Marvel.

I pretty much agree with the 5th and 6th pages about the entire movie.

It was kinda depressing though, because they kept setting up Hope Spots and towards the end I began to fear that the rumors about being the last Avengers movie would be true, given the bad music of the credits...

Then Nick Fury pulled out his transmitter and I knew hope wasn’t lost. Then Nick Fury started dying and I thought it was lost again. Then Captain Femini- MARVEL’s logo appeared and I was sent back to my high hopes.

Cliff Hanger’s Emotional Rollercoaster of Doom: The Movie/10

[spoiler=Uh dude]

They're all coming back. They're not killing off their entire current cast because Homecoming 2 is a thing for next year.

This is a really poor storytelling mechanic, especially for a comic book movie, because you know that the heroes will triumph over Thanos. The Superhero genre is completely wrong for this kind of "tragic" story. Stuff like the Walking Dead does so well because death is permanent and the main theme is eventual death and decay of all things, but this kind of plot falls flat on it's face in a Superhero movie because Justice eventually prevails.

[spoiler=thoughts]Gamora isn't dead but is trapped inside the soul stone or some bullshit right? So she'll probably come back when they undo everything or whatever.

Anyway the film in general was pretty good, definitely a bit overrated but not as badly as Black Panther. The whole Dr. Strange realising this was the only way thing was made a bit too obvious to make you really give a sheet about anyone dying which sucked.

Would have also liked more OG Avengers interactions but I guess Thanos was the protagonist and he made a pretty good one so it's hard to complain there. The way the relationship with him and Gamora was done was definitely one of the better parts of the film. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived