Photo

The RP: Roleplaying Pow-wow

- - - - - Discussion Improvement Moderation

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Thunder Dragon Champion

• The Last NetMonster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
    Last Visit

Hm...

While I definitely think that the Cooldown rule could be a good addition if done properly, I have a little concern about it right now. Maybe I misunderstood it, but it seems like the rule would have the same impact if they dropped midRP that it would if they dropped while it was still in the application stage of things, due to the way that it was worded.

I feel like the rule should be specified that it either doesn't count or is less harsh if they drop during the application phase, before the IC goes up.

I know that can still put a wrench in the works of an RP if the owner is planning events that revolve more around the characters than a plot, so I would probably lean towards the second in those cases, but... Just something to think about.

Yeah, I really believe that there should be a different penalty, if at all, for someone that signs up on an interest check, then ends up bowing out before the characters are finalized for the initial start of the RP.

I've done this before, I show interest in an interest check, then wind up having to leave it later because my brain refuses to give me the characters for said interesting RP. But, to my credit, I've always done this before the IC is up or starting characters are selected.

I was debating whether or not to include a clause that allowed you to stay absent so long as you notified the OOC. I decided against it because of me, actually. I’m always active in OOC, yet im very often guilty of abandoning a roleplay, and I don’t want a loophole that my lazy self can use.

Welp, there is actually something that can be done about that. I've seen cases where someone's very active in sections like the Misc, but are giving no effort to the RP they're in. If you can show that someone clearly has the time to post, but aren't doing, they could be penalized. And when I say that, I mean someone's claiming to be out-of-state and away from their computer as their reason for not posting in the RP, but they are posting in Misc and are on for almost the same amount of time as normal.

And before anyone says that this can be done on a cell phone, not everyone has an unlimited data plan.

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

The Rockin Talkin Furry Trans Girl

• Advanced Members
  • 711 posts
    Last Visit Jun 09 2019 03:10 AM
  • Discord:5ēbì☆€√äløπ#5097
  • Alias:Kyumi Niusuki

Then introduce a limit.  If you commit but something comes up, notification is fine.  But if after notification you're gone for more than fourteen days, you need to be punished or removed from the RP.

That sounds fair. I like that a lot. Thanks for answering my question!

"Purgatory is a sad place anyway..."

My Archetypes:

The Users I look up to as a Mentor:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
    Last Visit Jun 26 2019 05:29 PM
  • Discord:Zai#7925
  • Alias:Zai
  • Spouse:Kate
I’d like not to remove anyone from an RP as staff. That should be up to the host’s discretion and mediated by staff.
  • Dad likes this
Posted Image

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Thunder Dragon Champion

• The Last NetMonster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
    Last Visit

I’d like not to remove anyone from an RP as staff. That should be up to the host’s discretion and mediated by staff.

Well, you won't have to do anything if a player gets the boot and the player in question follows through with the host's decision. If anything, you'd only have to enforce the decision if the player kicked decides to be a problem afterwards, such as continuing to post with the character that's been either killed off by claiming they weren't dead after all or do something else that disrupts the RP.

Effectively, you hopefully don't have to do anything unless a booted player's purposely-disruptive.

EDIT: I can't English today...x.x

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
Ghosting:

Any player who fails to post in a roleplay after at least 10 days have passed since either their last post or the host’s last post is considered to be ghosting. Roleplayers who are ghosting are barred from joining or creating any new roleplays for a duration of time equal to their absence from the roleplay (in other words, a minimum of 10 days). The same rule applies to hosts who fail to keep their own roleplays running by not posting in them. These penalties stack if someone is ghosting in more than one roleplay. Should a player or a host inform the other participants of an unavoidable absence, they are granted leniency, but this can only be extended to an individual once every 60 days.

Next draft.
Posted Image

Dad

Dad

We give no fucks about the way that you feelin'.

• Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,790 posts
    Last Visit Apr 11 2019 10:58 PM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

You forgot to mention that it has to be an active role-play.

Drowning in your silence.

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Yui

I'm against the once per 60 days limit on pardons for ghosting. Some people live more turbulent and/or busy lives than others (coughcoughGiga), and this limit will discourage them from RPing at all if they can only get the one free pass every other month. It also doesn't account for if something comes up, you deal with it and think everything's fine, but it turns out there's now another thing. Say the holidays come and go while you live in a large family and won't have time to RP. You excuse yourself temporarily so okay it's all good, then you come back but suddenly I dunno your house burns down or a beloved family member passes away and you need some time to yourself or something. I can see where you're coming from with the limit, but I don't believe it should be a once-per-60 day thing. Once per month should be fine.

Also, since nobody seemed to bring it up:

Thirdly, and I don’t think we should but I’d like to run the idea anyway, warning points for ghosting? Maybe 1-2 per instance?

We should absolutely not hand out wp for ghosting.

Posted Image

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

You forgot to mention that it has to be an active role-play.

I think that kind of goes without saying. Hell, might as well stipulate what qualifies as actually dead in another rule.
Posted Image

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Advanced Members
  • 711 posts

I agree with Yui here. Two months is way too long. And warning points for ghosting is too much.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

I'm against the once per 60 days limit on pardons for ghosting. Some people live more turbulent and/or busy lives than others (coughcoughGiga), and this limit will discourage them from RPing at all if they can only get the one free pass every other month. It also doesn't account for if something comes up, you deal with it and think everything's fine, but it turns out there's now another thing. Say the holidays come and go while you live in a large family and won't have time to RP. You excuse yourself temporarily so okay it's all good, then you come back but suddenly I dunno your house burns down or a beloved family member passes away and you need some time to yourself or something. I can see where you're coming from with the limit, but I don't believe it should be a once-per-60 day thing. Once per month should be fine.

Also, since nobody seemed to bring it up:
We should absolutely not hand out wp for ghosting.

I def agree with you about the WP but I felt it should be mentioned.

As for the leniency, 30 days seems fine to me, though I also feel that it should be handled on a case by case basis (like me! Haha!)
Posted Image

(GigaDrillBreaker)

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Omniscient

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,370 posts
    Last Visit Mar 06 2019 09:00 AM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Dear god these rules are out to get me.

That said, I support them, with a simple change that may have been suggested already because I stopped reading after the first page: RP hosts can arbitrarily excuse participants exceeding the however many days it ends up at. Sometimes RPs really do go that slow, and though it's frustrating, it's a reality that we need to take into account. People have schedules, stuff comes up. As long as it is properly communicated and understood by the host, and isn't too excessive, inactivity shouldn't come with punishment.

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Dear god these rules are out to get me.
That said, I support them, with a simple change that may have been suggested already because I stopped reading after the first page: RP hosts can arbitrarily excuse participants exceeding the however many days it ends up at. Sometimes RPs really do go that slow, and though it's frustrating, it's a reality that we need to take into account. People have schedules, stuff comes up. As long as it is properly communicated and understood by the host, and isn't too excessive, inactivity shouldn't come with punishment.

I actually don’t think that’s been mentioned, and its worth adding to the rule.
Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,870 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

How would you want these to be enforced? The host bringing it up to the mod? Also should we have a thread to compile a list of who has a penalty and what penalty they have? Just so someone can't sneak past it by a host not realizing it.

8PBUpdp.gif

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

How would you want these to be enforced? The host bringing it up to the mod? Also should we have a thread to compile a list of who has a penalty and what penalty they have? Just so someone can't sneak past it by a host not realizing it.

The idea is that the mod will keep track of it and hosts will report it, yes. I suppose we could have a thread to display it publically too, but that seems kind of mean spirited.
Posted Image

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Advanced Members
  • 711 posts

The idea is that the mod will keep track of it and hosts will report it, yes. I suppose we could have a thread to display it publically too, but that seems kind of mean spirited.

In theory, maybe it seems like it's mean spirited, when in all actuality, it is just a helpful thread. For example, it can exist, and no one would even have to use it, because the sheer fact that it's there might scare people away from the idea of ghosting. Or, it can be helpful as being the way a host can contact a mod (other than via PM) about the aforementioned issues. The OP would be the list of current "Banned" users, and would also contain the rules about ghosting.

EDIT: While we're on the topic, I'm a host for my RP, and I have called for all of my participant/players to contact me multiple times, and none of them have, other than my cohost. Does this mean they all have ghosted?

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,870 posts
    Last Visit

To be fair if it is mean spirited the idea of banning people from RPing for a time is also mean spirited. Basically I mean that it's only mean spirited for people who are upset and don't think it was fair they were punished. Which is its own issue that might need addressing btw.

In general most people know who is ghosting anyway, this'd just make it easier. I get it seems like putting a highlight on "hey they did a bad" but since it's more out of the way and meant purely for record-keeping, I think it should be fine.

8PBUpdp.gif

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
Draft the fourth!

Ghosting:

Any player who fails to post in a roleplay after at least 10 days have passed since either their last post or the host’s last post is considered to be ghosting. Roleplayers who are ghosting are barred from joining or creating any new roleplays for a duration of time equal to their absence from the roleplay (in other words, a minimum of 10 days). The same rule applies to hosts who fail to keep their own roleplays running by not posting in them. These penalties stack if someone is ghosting in more than one roleplay. Should a player or a host inform the other participants of an unavoidable absence of any length, they are granted leniency, but this can only be extended to an individual once every 30 days. As well a host may at any time and for any reason grant leniency to an absent player at their discretion. All hosts (or players, if the host is MIA) are required to inform the Roleplaying Section moderator of any ghosting absences, and the section will be kept updated with a list of penalized roleplayers at [insert link here].
  • Dad likes this
Posted Image

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
Sooooooo, are we good with the draft above? Any other changes I should make to it before we move on to another subject?
Posted Image

Chaotic Angel

Chaotic Angel

The Cursed Emperor

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,827 posts
    Last Visit Jul 23 2018 01:28 PM
  • Discord:Ronzilla#2134
  • Alias:Chaotic Angel
  • Spouse:ur mom
I mean, it’s a good way to keep players in track but are people able to enforce the rule on their own? I don’t know.

It should be good enough, I suppose but you shouldn’t take my word for it entirely. I want to see what the others think.
Sig

Upcoming Projects

For reference only

Name History

Senyuu --> Angelic Champion

Angelic Champion --> Final Slayer

Final Slayer --> Chaotic Angel

Chaotic Angel -->Dark Necromancer

Dark Necromancer --> Chaotic Angel

Chaotic Angel --> Cirnotic Angel

Cirnotic Angel --> Chaotic Angel

Logos

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,870 posts
    Last Visit

"Any player who fails to post in a roleplay after at least 10 days have passed since either their last post or the host’s last post is considered to be ghosting."

Is there separate circumstances for if it's based on their last post or the host post? Unsure when you'd use one or the other here.

8PBUpdp.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users