[Striker] Weekend Contest #7

Nathanael D. Striker

C5DSAsl.png

It has been five years since my first Weekend Contest series, and I think it's about time I revive it. This little series will last for 5 weekends, which should take us to New Years (lovely how that turned out, right?). Hopefully as this progresses, the cardmaking improves and my abilities as a judge also improve (not ruling out guest judges). With that said, be sure to read the information below and let the games begin.

[spoiler=Rules]
All YCM Rules Apply
In order to enter, just post your intention here.
Cards (and lore) may be posted within the thread when completed. Once posted, the specific card can be edited before the deadline but not replaced with another card.
Written Cards are accepted, but no pictureless cards.
The usage of Fake Types / Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden.
You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing 23 legal Types + 6 Attributes).

While my judging is ultimately final, contestants are welcome to appeal with anything I may have missed in their card that would alter their score.
Deadline for entry/submission is December 3rd at 11:59pm PST.
I have the right to add rules.

[spoiler=Card Requirement]

Let's ease into this contest series with some Legacy format cardmaking, shall we? Your task is to create a Level 4 or lower Aqua-Type monster. Pretty straightforward, but has a bit of difficulty within it.

[spoiler=Prizes]

1st: 5 Series Points, 2000 points, 2 Reps

2nd: 3 Series Points, 1000 points, 1 Rep

3rd: 1 Series Point, 500 points

[spoiler=Rubric]

Balance: /25
Playability: /15
Creativity: /10
Total: /50

[spoiler=Contestants]

1. Kyumi Niusuki

2. Kid Gambino

3. Eshai

4. Azure Wolf

5. BatMed

6. Dtwist11

7. Jack Frost

When you say "Legacy Format", I assume you mean it has to support Arc-V tricks of dueling? Or do you mean, it can't have anything to do with the things introduced in VRAINS?

The latter, moreso for me to ease into judging without having to deal with Links. I need to review before I learn new stuff, you know?

Nu - The Primordial Waters
DARK - ✪
Aqua/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by shuffling all monsters in each GY into their respective Deck, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each monster returned to the Deck by this card effect. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed: You can excavate the top card of your Deck, and if it's a Monster Card, this card is not destroyed.
[?/?]

[spoiler=Spoiler Alert!]Here we go, my first card, Nu - The Primordial Waters. When I was contemplating what to base a Aqua monster on, the first thing that came to mind was Chaos from Sonic, which eventually led me to remembering the egyptian entity Nun and the primordial waters. For those who care, there is a lot about this card that makes it somewhat of a direct counter to Helios - The Primordial Sun and it's various forms. The primordial waters are known as the beginning of time and space in Egyptian mythology, and so this card returns all monsters to the beginning (their decks) and can get a sizable boost based on how many are sent, while also having another effect that allows it to become indestructible if luck is on your side (unless your entire deck is monsters then lol). Hopefully with this card we're off to a good start!

Well I'm in. Contests give an actual base to create cards.

[spoiler=Numbing Merspirit]

irAK6Vs.png

Numbing Merspirit

WATER/Level 4

Aqua/Effect

Once per turn: You can Banish 1 card from your GY, then target monsters on the field up to the number of Fish, Sea-Serpent or Aqua monsters you control; negate their effects until the end of you opponents next turn. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: Both players draw 1 card. You can only use each "Numbing Merspirit" once per turn.

1500/2000

I went a bit off the rails for the sake of creativity. I'll be also posting this in Advanced Card Design for the DPR once the competition is done, so hopefully that can happen. Maybe I can make art for this one if I get around to making art for Yugioh Cards.

Star Under the Sea

FIRE - Level 4 - Aqua/Fusion/Effect - 300 ATK/200 DEF

2+ Pyro monsters + 1+ Aqua monsters

Can be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by Tributing the above cards you control (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). This card can attack directly. This card gains 300 ATK for each Pyro monster in your GY. This card's maximum number of attacks per Battle Phase equals the number of Aqua monsters used for this card’s Fusion Summon. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 Pyro monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only control 1 “Star Under the Sea”.

The idea would be building a Deck with a couple of 1 monster and a bunch of the other to get a OTK out of it, but if you are you’re probably running 3 and you can only control 1. Instant Fusion becomes your best friend in that case, since this can then become just a tool for your plays, with the option of having a OTK enabler later in the game.

I'm in

[spoiler=Spirit Mermaid of the Oceans]
Name: Spirit Mermaid of the Oceans
WATER | Aqua / Union / Tuner / Effect
Level: ✪1 | ATK 0 / DEF 500 

Effect:
You can either: Equip this card from your hand or your side of the field to a WATER monster you control as an Equip Card, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation: You can send 1 WATER monster from your Deck to the GY, the equipped monster gains 1000 ATK, until the End of the Battle Phase. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Spirit Mermaid of the Oceans" once per turn.

I'm in

[spoiler=Spirit Mermaid of the Oceans]
Name: Spirit Mermaid of the Oceans
WATER | Aqua / Union / Tuner / Effect
Level: ✪1 | ATK 0 / DEF 500 

Effect:
You can either: Equip this card from your hand or your side of the field to a WATER monster you control as an Equip Card, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation: You can send 1 WATER monster from your Deck to the GY, the equipped monster gains 1000 ATK, until the End of the Battle Phase. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Spirit Mermaid of the Oceans" once per turn.

Welcome, and accepted.

Sign me up!

AehpQGU.jpg

Forgotten Naiad

DARK

Aqua-Type

800ATK

1000DEF

Cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of an Aqua-Type Monster. When this card is Special Summoned, you may pay 1000 Life Points, return all other face-up cards on the field to the hand. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead. When this card is banished, during your next End Phase, you may pay 800 Life Points, Special Summon this card.

Sign me up!

AehpQGU.jpg

Forgotten Naiad

DARK

Aqua-Type

800ATK

1000DEF

Cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of an Aqua-Type Monster. When this card is Special Summoned, you may pay 1000 Life Points, return all other face-up cards on the field to the hand. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead. When this card is banished, during your next End Phase, you may pay 800 Life Points, Special Summon this card.

Welcome, and accepted.

[spoiler=It's about slime.]bfNBmoW.png

Cannot be Normal or Special Summoned face-up.You can treat this card as two tributes for a Tribute Summon. If a Tribute Summoned monster you control is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card in face-down defense position (from your Graveyard).

Hopefully this card is of some ooze.

Archived