Eshai

Defender of Freed
WIND - Level 4 - Warrior/Effect - 1200 ATK/1400 DEF
When your opponent declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Your opponent cannot target another monster you control for attacks. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can change its battle position, and if you do, gain 600 LP for each monster on your or your opponent’s field. Once, while this card is on the field, if you gain LP: This card gains that much DEF. You can only Special Summon 1 “Defender of Freed” per turn.

I recommend for you to take a grain of salt, since this wasn't really my idea. I did take my liberties with it, but this was based off a card Sleepy made, not me, so I hope you check that card out.
https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/368737-princess-magician-pikeru/?do=findComment&comment=7057395

The card is essentially a updated version of Marauding Captain. 1000 more DEF, WIND typing, and the ability to get in there when you really need to protect your monsters.
The idea of gaining LPs and stats simultaneously is pretty fun, making for incredible recovery and a possible end to your opponent's Battle Phase. Sure it isn't guaranteed like Battle Fader but it can leave you with a lasting DEF and more LPs for later on. You also can potentially get 2 on board, which does stop all of your opponent's attacks. Tbh you could run Marauding Captain and this in the same Deck and have a pretty fun time with it.

Want to also experiment with the “Your or your opponent’s field” since that wording is pretty interesting and hasn’t really been implemented yet.

Archived