Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I need a HERO! (yes, it's HEROs)

Yes Seriously HERO in 2017 This is as dumb as it sounds Casual af

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,535 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:30 AM
  • Alias:Yui

d2eb39563d37600d6f9335207046de10.png

Yeah, I can post decklists too sometimes. So naturally, seeing as it's been so long since my last one (what was my last one anyway?), I'll post a decklist using the archetype that nobody plays anymore. HEROs. This came up when I gave Chaos Sonic - our resident HERO main - a bit of homework, which boiled down to "Make HEROs work in link format". We tried brainstorming a HERO-Gouki build at first, but that never got any traction. So in my off-time, I made this one myself, and after lots of testing, tweaking, and embarrassing misplays (remember kids, you can only use ONE Shadow Mist effect per turn!), I've got this deck to be about as good as my filthy casual hands can get it.

Pros:

+OTK machine

+Can do flashy plays

+It's a functional HERO deck what more do you want from me?

Cons:

-You have to play this shit pretty much perfectly or you lose (I don't play this shit perfectly)

-If you have to go first you probably lose

-Just in general you'll lose a lot; it's functional but not great by any means

The Decklist

Notes about some card choices

If anyone has any idea how to make this more functional, I'm all ears. I do kind of enjoy the glass cannon nature of the deck, but winning consistently is also nice.

Posted Image

(🔥)

(🔥)

Dabi on the haters

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,184 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Though duble summon has the advantage of allowing you to play a monster you searched off of your normal summon, I believe that unexpected dai fills the gap much more effectively, due to your inclusion of avian.

Also, include the HERO link. Zefra metaltron only requires 2 monsters, so hero link + fusion monster = metaltron.

Additionally, I'd say drop the marauding captains in favored of goblindberg or tin goldfish, and cut some of those fusions for a small rank 4 suite. Goblindberg is searchable by RotA, but goldfish makes abyss dweller swole. It's a toss-up, really.

I know that having all those different options in ED is nice, but it's absolutely not something you need.

Another potential boss for the deck is Predaplant Dragostapelia. A lot worse after links, but still a powerful monster that is hilariously easy to summon.

• Yui likes this

EHN.

EHN.

Lullabies

• Senior Members
  • 5,921 posts
    Last Visit

Goblindbergh > Cap. Vyon would also be good here to dump Mali and make the new link. 

Honesty Neos should be at 2, you can also run Isolde in the extra to search it but that's not essential. Desires wouldn't hurt either for consistency. 

If you're planning on going second you need to main atleast the basic 4 hand trap lineup to not get blown out. 

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,409 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:52 AM

I suggest Noble Knight Isolde, too. I mean, all the HEROes are Warriors, has better markers than Wonder Driver, and you get a search, albeit slowed.

IDK what is Avian doing there but if you stick with it, then I support Parenthesis' suggestion of Dais over Double Summon.

Some Rank4s to fall back on could be nice too, but I understand the Extra Deck space is already tight.

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Thomas Zero

Thomas Zero

The HERO of YCM

• Senior Members
  • 6,483 posts
    Last Visit 18 minutes ago
Would also agree that Wonder Driver and Isolde would be good additions to the ED though I like how this deck tries to follow the 6 attribute aspect of HERO's.

IMO one thing am looking at with this deck is Mali with this build knowing its a good thining/Link set up card though feels more to a D-HERO variant builds of HERO's where would be best effective with Destiny Draw.

One suggestion with this would be adding Vyons and maybe a second Honest Neos and a The Shining since with 3 Miracle Fusions you would think you get a lot of ATK boost with the shining in this deck. In addition I think with the ED I think Link wise you want to focus on 1 Isolde, 1 Wonder Driver, 1 Summon Sorceress and maybe a Link 4 like Skulldeat to expand on your Fusion/Masked HERO plays.
Elemental HERO Kingdom Neos

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

Too many undeserving heroes...

• Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:24 PM

IDK what is Avian doing there but if you stick with it, then I support Parenthesis' suggestion of Dais over Double Summon.

This I can answer: it's the only other WIND Attributed HERO monster we can use, since Stratos is banned.

Literally Avian is there to help get Divine Wind out.

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,409 posts

This I can answer: it's the only other WIND Attributed HERO monster we can use, since Stratos is banned.

Literally Avian is there to help get Divine Wind out.

Figured as much. But then you are going a bit out of your way just to access Divine Wind. I wonder if it's truly worth it.

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,535 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:30 AM
  • Alias:Yui

Made some updates based on feedback and testing.

ab8ae5ba20dadc6e2edf369e6f748346.png

Changes made

Notes again

Posted Image

(🔥)

(🔥)

Dabi on the haters

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,184 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Since it isn't 2014 and you aren't running Excalibur, I'd say drop 1 goblindberg for 1 goldfish. The searchability doesn't matter in hand, and swole dweller is fantastic.

FUCK THAT NOISE, DROP 1 GOBLIN TO MAX VYON.
HE IS YOUR BEST CARD DAMMIT.

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,409 posts

I don't get why you don't add Isolde. If there is a reason for that, I want to know it.

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users