ASS [Ask Sleepy Stuff]

Sleepy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinion on shonen anime in general?

Oh, I forgot Hero Academia and Dragon Ball Super there.....

Anyways, shonen in general huh? I don't personally care if they follow certain patterns of action/adventure, get cliche'd or whatever. 

I do dislike a few points from some:

-Padding, which makes re-watch value get greatly reduced... Dragon Ball is the bigger culprit in that list of mine.

-Filler, like Naruto (for the absurd quantities of it), or Bleach  (for the terrible timings they were introduced at).

Both of those kept to a minimum are acceptable.

-I don't wanna sound like an extreme feminist, but I think Shonen craps on females a bit too much. Yugioh female leads particularly are hard to stand, as well as "Bakuman", a Shonen Jump manga about Shonen Jump manga...

I guess most tropes are fine by me.

Opinion on yaoi in general?

Yuri on Ice was amazing. Fake Yaoi like Free is fine for a few laughs with friends. I don't actively look for that, but it's fine.

Same for Yuri really... Weather I like an anime or not usually has to do more with the anime in specific than with the genre.

Is shiny sentret still alive??

Furret, but yes.

Alright, here's the deal.  You're a shiny Pokemon. Any Pokemon except a legendary.  You're caught by a trainer at last.  What are they like?  How's their personality?  What other Pokemon are on their team (if any)?  Are they a lone trainer or are they with a group or friend?

Alright, here's the deal.  You're a shiny Pokemon. Any Pokemon except a legendary.  You're caught by a trainer at last.  What are they like?  How's their personality?  What other Pokemon are on their team (if any)?  Are they a lone trainer or are they with a group or friend?

I like this question

Bless you, Sleepy. I guess I owe you a question now, eh?

If you had to pick a quote, either one that you made up or a famous one, that accurately describes your life the best, what would it be, and why?

I guess, "not what I expected". It's not super accurate, since it is a rather vague line, but non-ideal conditions leave me wishing things had been different.

I wish I had known I needed glasses before 10th grade, and maybe I would have actually been a decent student on my own, and my earlier teachers wouldn't have thought I was mentally challenged. I wish my legal US residence had been owned by a more normal person, and maybe I could have prevented extensive travel across the border once in a while. I wish I had taken better judgement on my career choices after I graduated high school. The list keeps going. There's a lot of good stuff in my life, but tbh, I'm not super happy with it regardless.

Sorry for the depressing note, but this one genuinely got me stuck in this thread for a while. Hopefully the rant didn't end up too long.

Is this some sort of test question? xD

I don't think I could fully control who attempted and/or succeeded at catching me, but if there was somewhat of an ideal choice for me to make, I'd like a generally cheerful trainer that likes exploring around, had enough survival skills to camp in the wild and get food and stuff. Someone that was responsible but didn't get all strict or overly worried when taking care of something or asking the team to help out or do something. That trainer would primarily travel on his/her own with us the team, but would be cool with pairing up with other adventurers when bumping into them, if needed. Though we are not talking about a mindless easy-going person that'd just let his/her guard down and trust any strangers fully either. Just being nice, you know what I mean?

Our moves would dedicate a little portion of them to the toolbox element for our travels, which may or may not mean HM/TMs necessarily. I don't say this with the gameplay in mind, but as somebody in a real tangible open world, that is not really focusing on becoming champion. Yes we'd have fighting moves as well, but they wouldn't be all of what we are meant for.

Even though the question itself did not ask for this info, if I had a choice I'd be a shiny Furret, and if we say team, my favorite team I aim to get in Pokemon games is the one I'd be part of. Furret, Ampharos, Togekiss, Jumpluff, Azumarill, and Lanturn (yes very Johto).

Nowadays I'm not nearly as happy with this drawing as I used to

[spoiler=Here's a little visual of a self-drawn team I made a couple years ago]

lu3qX94.jpg

If you could travel around the United States, where would you go? *insert advertisement for Portland, Oregon here*

My sister visited that city a few months ago, so it is interesting to hear that.

I would make a big trip across the west coast all the way to Canada.

I love the idea of walking around redwoods, pines, grape vines, and other places. I've never been farther North than Sonoma.

Part of my enthusiasm to see Oregon is due to Gravity Falls admittedly (take that as you will)... as for Washington, the comic convention at Seattle, that often holds professional artists I'd like to meet.

This isn't to say I don't also like the idea of visiting actual landmarks and knowing more about this side of the country, and sight-seeing in general.

What are your thoughts on How The Grinch Stole Christmas (either movie or both, just specify which if only choosing one)?

The Jim Carrey movie is actually the first version I saw, and that gives it some nostalgia points in my case, and the Grinch backstory was an interesting touch the original didn't have. It helped humanize him a little bit and make the change of heart get a little extra build. In general it tries to build extra content in hopes of fleshing out a lot of things, and at the very least the effort is appreciated. Many of those work, like the bit where the Grinch is talking about his schedule. 

Though if asked which to watch, I'd more often than not go for the cartoon one. It had more of a Dr Seuss vibe, didn't need to involve a sort of romantic triangle element or a character kissing a dog's.... well, it was short and sweet and felt more like a fairy tale. 

Pros and cons, and I understand not everybody likes Jim Carrey, though that is not my case. Bruce Almighty and Yes Man are movies I enjoyed a lot, and the Mask has nostalgic value for me.

What's the most elaborated and, at least in your opinion, delicious dish/meal you have ever made?

I've never done anything particularly hard to do. Honestly I can't even pick one I'd consider more elaborate than the rest.

Mixes of meat and potatoes, apple/pumpkin pies, cheese cake, pancakes, french toast, soups. I've never gone super advanced on anything.

Maybe the pumpkin pie I made last time, just because opening up the pumpkin and turning it into the stuff you need for the pie did take an extra process.

Flavor-wise, I can't compare best sweet vs best salty vs others. I very much like everything I've ever made in its own way.

do you still talk to Jay?

Yes. Not very often, but we exchange a few random lines once in a while, or rather, leave them for the other to see when they get online. 

I still find it odd that he's playing Splatoon 2, when the first game caused him so much negativity.

He deleted me from Skype but told me he just stopped using that platform. We keep Discord though.

I've never done anything particularly hard to do. Honestly I can't even pick one I'd consider more elaborate than the rest.

Mixes of meat and potatoes, apple/pumpkin pies, cheese cake, pancakes, french toast, soups. I've never gone super advanced on anything.

Maybe the pumpkin pie I made last time, just because opening up the pumpkin and turning it into the stuff you need for the pie did take an extra process.

Flavor-wise, I can't compare best sweet vs best salty vs others. I very much like everything I've ever made in its own way.

Yes. Not very often, but we exchange a few random lines once in a while, or rather, leave them for the other to see when they get online. 

I still find it odd that he's playing Splatoon 2, when the first game caused him so much negativity.

He deleted me from Skype but told me he just stopped using that platform. We keep Discord though.

He deleted me from Skype too, I add him every month or so,he gets gruff talks to me for a day or so then deletes me again

Are opinions fair game? If so, thoughts on yours truly?

Sure.

I only seldom see you around as much as  I used to. That' to be expected since I rarely go into contests. You are cool. Really what else can I say? xD

You are part of the list of members at YCM that I definitely notice.

- - - - - - -

I have the feeling I've gotten a little awkward, and starting to think I killed this thread because I didn't choose between serious and whimsical for my answers.

Archived