Grandsoil the Elemental Lord

lol they nerf-errata'd an unlimited card. Is that a first?

But yeah, I approve of this errata. Doesn't change normal functionality, just stops the dumb loopy s*** that was unacceptable

Nah, did something similar with catapult turtle back in the day

They've actually done it a fair bit, remember toon world?

They just didn't wanna ban it most likely

They've actually done it a fair bit, remember toon world?

I remember Toon World. That Continuous Spell that pays 1000 LP to activate it for no effect, but you need it to play Toons. Are you telling me that it got a nerf-errata? What did it do before that was so degenerate that it had its entire text box removed forever? Don't tell me it was only 500 LP.

I remember Toon World. That Continuous Spell that pays 1000 LP to activate it for no effect, but you need it to play Toons. Are you telling me that it got a nerf-errata? What did it do before that was so degenerate that it had its entire text box removed forever? Don't tell me it was only 500 LP.

The text of Toon world is unclear.It doesn't specify life points paid for THIS card

You could do silly things from there

Do you have an example? I’m not familiar with how toon world works.

It was something like this if I recall:

Pay 1000 LP to activate this card. While this card is on the field, pay 500 LP during each Standby Phase or destroy this card. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, gain all LP back from when this card was first activated

It was something like this if I recall:

Pay 1000 LP to activate this card. While this card is on the field, pay 500 LP during each Standby Phase or destroy this card. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, gain all LP back from when this card was first activated

I'm don't know what interaction paying LP has with other cards. 

Was that toon world thing only for OCG? Because I have several copies of SDP toon world and if they don't just say "Pay 1000 LP to activate this card" or however that would have been worded in medeival times, my life is basically a lie.

yeah it was OCG only

Oh, I got it. It's a regular errata, not the kind that they put on banned cards. I was starting to wonder if Toon World had gotten an extra effect or reduced cost or something.

"Pay 1000 LP" is technically one single solid spelled word, making it technically less words than Pot of Greed, unless you count the meaning of LP.

Now they just said "to activate this card". Ok.

As for Grandsoil, people usually only used it in loops, but I'm glad there are less loops. I approve.

Oh, I got it. It's a regular errata, not the kind that they put on banned cards. I was starting to wonder if Toon World had gotten an extra effect or reduced cost or something.

"Pay 1000 LP" is technically one single solid spelled word, making it technically less words than Pot of Greed, unless you count the meaning of LP.

Now they just said "to activate this card". Ok.

As for Grandsoil, people usually only used it in loops, but I'm glad there are less loops. I approve.

No, TW used to allow you to gain back all the LP you pay after it's activated. Solemn Judgement and Injection fairly lily ;)

No, TW used to allow you to gain back all the LP you pay after it's activated. Solemn Judgement and Injection fairly lily ;)

Never heard of this before and my first purchase in the game was SDP. o_O

There's no reference to it on the Wikia in OCG rulings or as a separate lore/errata, but sure enough if you look through the gallery there are Japanese versions of Toon World that look like they say a fair amount more than "Pay 1000 LP". 

d42a2791c3e2f42c120610f15c0c6193.jpg

Pretty nutty. 

There's no reference to it on the Wikia in OCG rulings or as a separate lore/errata, but sure enough if you look through the gallery there are Japanese versions of Toon World that look like they say a fair amount more than "Pay 1000 LP". 

Pretty nutty. 

InjectionFairyLily-YS14-EN-C-1E.png

Used to be retarded, and even got banned for a while. TW was errata'd due to confusion on if you could gain back LP paid for other cards. At the time you could. Pretty good backup play to heavy storm for example. Heavy and you end up gaining back 4k LP lol

Pretty nutty. 

I was thinking "where have I heard that before", and I now realized. It is part of the set of 15 cards that predate the actual formalization of the game.

Raigeki, Toon World, Sparks, Curry, some of those Type-killer spells, and IDK what else, that were collector's items before Konami decided to pick Yugioh as an actual official trading card game from where Bandai had left it off.

I'm saying this off the top of my head, and I feel I should be looking it up but maybe?

Wait wait...so you telling us Winter that in this game more chaothic past Toon World old wording can be abuse to make LP paying effects a infinite LP gain?

I need to hear the whole story. Genuinely interested

Toon world used to require 1000 lp to active and 500 every turn. But if it was destroyed you get to gain back all the LP you've paid since it's activation. Not infinite since you can never pay more than you start with (so caps off at 8k)

Was that toon world thing only for OCG? Because I have several copies of SDP toon world and if they don't just say "Pay 1000 LP to activate this card" or however that would have been worded in medeival times, my life is basically a lie.

It was never in the TCG, but I know one of the games that came out state-side still had its original OCG effect. It was weird, too, because the game had the TCG text for Toon World so you didn't know why you were paying 500 LP every turn or getting it all back when the card was destroyed.

There was very little quality control for the GBA TCG games in general. Shout-outs to Spellian of Black Chaos.

Archived