Pokemon: Mind and Soul [OOC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

564e99f267aaca648b8e853c77112bd6.png

fc00c3d527797863e8001d785b6baec4.pnga9922649d3404a2ee81dae404772ea71.png31d002e7cb02a901f0a55b5941a61973.png

[spoiler=Interest Check Stuff]There are many Pokemon regions in the world. From Kanto, home to the esteemed Professor Oak, to the fashionable and history rich Kalos. However this story is not about any region you know.
The Korova region, a mysterious and relatively isolated land, is in danger. Their Champion vanished two years ago and now a team of criminals, Team Phoenix, is beginning to emerge. The citizens as a whole have become meek and dispassionate and if it goes on for too long this team of misfits may very well rise from the ashes and conquer Korova.
The League has decided that they need a new Champion, to bring back the fighting spirit of the people that had damped by the disappearance of their old Champion, and have sent out requests to the other region.
Trainers from all over are being asked to travel, the trip being paid for by the League, to this region to take part in the League challenge.
That is where you come in. You are one of a small group of new Trainers who, for various reasons, have decided to test their skills and attempt to tame this wild region.

This RP, as is probably clear, takes place in a custom region that I have been developing for quite some time. I have been nervous to try this given what happened with my last attempt at a starting trainer RP. However I’ve learned much since then and feel I can make this one work.
Due to the nature of Pokemon (the games being single player and the anime really only having one main gym challenger) this RP will be limited acceptance. I will only be accepting, not including Skaia or my character, FOUR people into the RP.
They will be split into two groups of three, with the third for both being Skaia or my character, who will travel the same path. However they will have a bit of a time delay which will allow both groups to experience similar but different events at each area.

I have put a lot of thought into this RP and I really don’t want to try to start it unless I know I have some dedicated, trustworthy, interested players.

So, YCM, how about it? Care to join me on this adventure?

[spoiler=Rules]-All site rules apply. Just...go look at them if you don’t know them. I’ll wait...Did you check yet? No? Well hurry it up...
-I have final say. Skaia has secondary final say. If we tell you something does or doesn’t work, then it’s how it is. We’re both reasonable people so if there’s any issues just talk with us.
-If you cannot post reliably and consistently on multiple occasions you will be first warned, then control will be taken, then you will be kicked out of the RP.
-The RP is PG-13 because I wish to avoid overly violent or sexual things. However there can still be some dark themes and some cursing.
-Limited acceptance. Only 4 RPers will be selected. Criteria will be attitude, app quality, and dedication and trustworthiness.
-There will be a Skype chat. If you prove to be volatile in the chat you will be removed from it and, depending on severity, removed from the RP. This likely won’t matter but just...please be kind, rewin...forget that last thing.

[spoiler=Plot and How This Works]I described it more/less in the Interest Check but basically...You will be new trainers coming to the Korova region to challenge them Gym Leaders and Elite Four to become Champion. Of course that doesn’t have to be the only motivation but it’s the general goal. We will be splitting into two groups and traveling around the region. Every route, city, and area will have various events and trainers.
As a note. Time won't be focused on. I decided the best way to make this two group thing work is to not focus too much on how much time has passed and just go off of which group experienced which events to decide on what happens.

[spoiler=Battles and Leveling]Trainer battles will be handled in a few ways depending on the situation. Either I will provide information on the team and battle style and let you write it yourself. Or we will collab/go post for post.
When it comes to leveling we won’t be super official with experience but I will inform you when your Pokemon has done enough to gain levels.
Note that some Abilities/Moves may be found to be too strong in this format so I will nerf as we go if needed.

[spoiler=Setting]Map
So this is the Korova region. As you can see there’s a large chasm in the middle and this has caused people to build their cities around the outer rim. Once you go off the beaten path you start encountering wilderness and extra vicious wild Pokemon. It is highly recommended you do not step foot here. Even the Elite Four avoid it.
I have separated the key into Cities, Routes, and Locations. The first two are self explanatory but the latter basically are things such as deserts, mountains, and forests.

[spoiler=Starters]Since this is Pokemon, obviously a big thing is your first, well, Pokemon right?
There are two ways to go about this. Either you can choose your own Pokemon OR choose one of three Custom Pokemon I, with Skaia’s help, have created.
For the former all three stage, that is to say Pokemon that evolve twice, Pokemon are fair game. And you may ask for any other Pokemon. Some two stage, or even one stage, are balanced enough to be fair.
For the latter there are things to keep in mind. There will only be one of each Type on each team. That is to say two people can have the Fire starter but they must be on different teams. Note that these starters would be given to those who lack a Pokemon prior to getting on the boat to Korova.
No reserves will be accepted EXCEPT that Skaia, having helped design this, has dibs on one of the Fire starters.
It is first come first serve HOWEVER as it will be limited acceptance there is a risk involved. Given the previous rules picking a custom starter after others will be risky. Because say two people made apps with the Water starter. Picking the Water starter means that, at best, only two/three of the apps will go through. That isn’t to say you cannot change your starter if this is the only reason for not being accepted. Just note that in these cases I will pick the best fit out of all the Water starter apps.
With that out of the way...introducing the starters!
[spoiler=The Grass Starter, Poamoo]Name: Poamoo
Species: Grazing Pokemon
Type: Grass
Height/Length: 2‘6“
Weight: 20lbs
Ability: Overgrow
Appearance A cow-like Pokemon with a large, round, head. It has green fur and brown spots over its body. Each of Poamoo’s four hooves is covered a coat of grass-like fur. It has two small twigs coming from its head in the place of horns and its tail ends in a shape resembling a pine-tree.
Pokedex Entry: A gentle Pokemon which takes grass in its mouth only to absorb the moisture and is careful to leave the grass unharmed.
Stats: 65 HP | 55 Attack | 60 Defense | 40 Special Attack | 45 Special Defense | 35 Speed

[spoiler=The Fire Starter, Lepash]Name: Lepash
Species: Soot Pokemon
Type: Fire
Height: 1‘4“
Weight: 12lbs
Ability: Blaze
Appearance This Pokemon resembles a run of the mill bunny. However its entirely black, with small flames coming from its paws and the top of its ears, and there’s small amount of soot covering its fur. In place of a tail it has a wispy, sphere-shaped, bit of smoke.
Pokedex Entry: A quiet Pokemon that tends to hide behind larger people and Pokemon, it releases trails of soot behind it when moving quickly.
Stats: 35 HP | 40 Attack | 40 Defense | 55 Special Attack | 70 Special Defense | 65 Speed

[spoiler=The Water Starter, Bearble]Name: Bearble
Species: Sea Cub Pokemon
Type: Water
Height: 1‘8“
Weight: 18lbs
Ability: Torrent
Appearance: Resembling a small bear cub with dark blue fur that has a mossy look to it. It walks on all fours but more often is seen sitting on its hind legs. In place of paws it has flippers with small claws at the end to fend off predators. Instead of mammalian ears, it has a pair of fins on its head.
Pokedex Entry: A playful Pokemon, they are protected fiercely by its parents in the wild due to its curious and friendly nature.
Stats: 50 HP | 55 Attack | 40 Defense | 55 Special Attack | 40 Special Defense | 65 Speed

[spoiler=Application Format]Feel free to change up the format to your tastes. This is just to give an idea of what is needed and expected. Please don’t go too far from this general idea though.
Oh and please put anything larger than a couple lines of length into Spoilers. And put the app as a whole into a single spoiler.

Name:
Hometown:

Appearance: Either an image, plus whatever differences from the image in written form, and height/weigh (if not put elsewhere in app) OR at least four lines of description.

Personality: Four lines minimum.

Biography: Four lines minimum. Must include why they decided to come to Korova.

Starting Pokemon: See: “Starters” section above
(This must include the name of the Pokemon, the nickname, the gender, how long they’ve been with your character, one or two lines of personality, and how your trainer obtained them)

Team: To be filled out as RP goes on.
(Name, nickname, gender, level, ability, nature, and moves must be included for each)

Other: Anything that doesn’t fit anywhere else goes here.

[spoiler=Accepted Apps]CowCow: Naomi
Skaia: Jacklyn
Reptilious: Ivan
Yui, Kanon
Hyde, Oswald
Sethera, Belladonna

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's 9 interested, I can transform this into an OOC now!

And now that it's an OOC, don't feel frightened to come in even if you didn't express interest yet. In fact the more the merrier so I can be sure to get the best group. Best in the sense of best characters for the RP (not just quality but interesting and ones I can see being written over a long time), reliable RPers, and RPers I think can work well together. Those who have a track record, gotta try and really impress me. (I will also be careful in the IC about kicking people for inactivity, and bringing in others to take their place, I think the setting makes it not too difficult to pull off)

Any questions ask away I will try my best to answer.

And also...My character! A familiar face to some will be added here momentarily.

[spoiler=The Dreamer]Name: Naomi Revuer
Height: 5‘7“
Weight: 144lbs
Hometown: Laverre City, Kalos
[spoiler=Appearance]on27W6F.jpg

[spoiler=Biography]Naomi's childhood was rather unusual. She basically raised herself from the moment she was old enough to walk and talk. Her parents would often disappear for long stretches of time and often only came back briefly before going off to more “adventurers". They would often bring Naomi books, particularly fairy tales, and other such things to keep her amused.
Her house was near the outskirts of the city and, as her parents usually came and left at night, not many people even realized that they were leaving a child for long stretches of time.
Thus Naomi grew up mostly by herself, until her 10th birthday, when her parents brought her a young Rhyhorn to play with. She grew attached to this Pokemon and she seemed to be content with her simple life.
And then her parents didn't come back for even longer than normal. Police came to her house and informed her that her parents, who were evidently infamous thieves, were arrested and she was going to be sent to live with her grandparents.
Naomi had never met her grandparents but she knew they were farmers. Which meant hard work. And waking up early in the morning. Naomi wanted nothing to do with that.
This is when she learned about the Korova Region's funding of starting trainers to take on their Pokemon League. Naomi didn't care much for challenging Gyms but it seemed to be a better life than farm life. And so she took the first boat to Korova she could find, with her loyal Rhyhorn by her side.

[spoiler=Personality]Naomi has a chronic case of excessive chill. She goes through life without worrying about much. She's the type who would be friends with everyone but not necessarily close friends with anyone. She doesn't like having to work or even really be awake for long periods of time and the only time she gets upset is when being forced to go beyond her limit of activity.
However she is quick to forgive and forget, especially as she's quite un-observant and can easily literally forget what is going on.
Oddly she tends to enjoy scary situations and, while she is difficult to scare, she seems to be fascinated by spooky things.
When it comes to other people she doesn’t particularly judge for any reason except if they are harming others. She dislikes this greatly and, if taken too far, can be spurred to action very briefly.
She loves Pokemon greatly, believing them to be in many cases better than people, and dislikes forcing them to do anything. She won’t battle if her Pokemon doesn’t want to.

[spoiler=Team]Rhyhorn (Princess), level 8 (5), Female, Rock Head. Docile Nature. Horn Attack, Tail Whip, Fury Attack.

Hoppip (Knight), level 5 (3), Male, Chlorophyll. Brave Nature. Splash, Absorb, Synthesis.

[spoiler=Starting Pokemon]Pokemon: Rhyhorn
Name: Princess
Appearance: Has a pink bow on her head.
Personality: Protective and motherly, though more on the tough love side at times. Patient but also tends to not put up with Naomi’s crap when Princess feels they need to get a move on.
Method of Catching/Length of owning: Given at 10 years old as a gift from parents.

[spoiler=Other]

-Has nearly permanent bed-head.
-Especially adores stories about princesses and knights and thus tends to be drawn to people with traits similar, be it physical or mental, to them.
-Gets cold easily.
-Oddly perceptive of what time it is at any given point.

[spoiler=Inventory]Pokedollars: 725

Potions: 5

Burn Heal: 1

Pokeballs: 1

Bags of marshmallows: 2

Oh man it's an ooc now?! Better get to work on my character. 

Whew that took awhile.

[spoiler=ADVENTURE!]

Name: Jacklyn 

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 160 lbs

Hometown: Castelia City, Unova

[spoiler=Appearance]

EL7apLO.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]

Bubbly and full of life, if there was one word to describe Jacklyn it would be "adventure." She is a girl who seems to be a bottomless pit of energy, not seeming to care about what time of day it might be and sleeping entirely becacuse it is necessary. A girl that fears little, Jacklyn isn't afraid to get dirty, literally, and only sees roadblocks and obstacles as necessities to adventure. 

When it comes to people Jacklyn is friendly, if not somewhat blunt. While sociable, were something to annoy her she is not very discreet about this, generally both in her facial expressions and how she talks to said person. As most adventures are done with a group, the girl has a fondness for company and enjoys talking with others and is often more interested in hearing other's stories than sharing her own, (though that won't stop her if asked.) While she can be a bit simple minded at times, Jacklyn is still a very prideful and surprisingly serious girl, getting annoyed/frustrated at people that both insult her and don't take adventuring seriously. 

[spoiler=Biography]

As a child, Jacklyn had always yearned for more than she had. Growing up in Castelia City, Unova, Jacklyn was often times home alone; her parents often working at their cafe and her older sister off on her own adventure. Reading about what her sister had experience, Jacklyn started to grow envious of her, and turned her home city into an adventure in of itself. Wandering the streets of Castelia, Jacklyn found herself finding all sorts of new things about her city she never knew and learning stories from all the random people she met. It wasn't until her sister came home from her journey, sharing her the tales of all she had experienced in Unova, that Jacklyn was truly enamored with the thought of her own worldwide conquest. While preparing for this, an invitation came addressed to her sister to attempt the Korova League. However, her sister being done with journey's for the time being, decided to pass it on to her all too excited sister to take it on in her stead.  

[spoiler=Starter Pokemon]

Species: Lepash

Nickname: Rus 

Obtained: Two weeks ago, prior to her getting to Korova proper. 

Personality: Rus is a bunny with no shortage on pride, puts its best foot forward in all it does. It however, has a rather tulmutuous relationship with its owner both due to the former not meshing with their new trainer's over exuberance, and the latter not really having any idea how to act with pokemon. 

[spoiler=Team]

[spoiler=Rus]

Name: Lepash

Nickname: Rus

Level: 6

Ability: Blaze

Nature: Serious

Moves: 

• Leer

• Tackle

• Ember

[spoiler=Cherry]

Name: Buneary

Nickname: Cherry

Level: 4

Ability: Limber

Nature: Naive

Moves: 

• Pound

• Defense Curl

• Splash

Other: Most of Jackyln's experience as a trainer comes either from her sister's stories or television. 

[spoiler=Inventory]

Pokedollars: 975

Backpack

Sleeping Bag

Miscellaneous Foods

Camera

Pokeballs: 1

Potion: 1

Out of curiosity, how many teams will there be? I would assume it's three separate teams due to the number of interests you have being 9, but I ask nonetheless. After that question, what about the exact number of starters there are? Is it like three of each starter that can be given out?

For example, if three people from different teams get the Grass Starter, would that be all the starters taken for the Grass?

Out of curiosity, how many teams will there be? I would assume it's three separate teams due to the number of interests you have being 9, but I ask nonetheless. After that question, what about the exact number of starters there are? Is it like three of each starter that can be given out?

For example, if three people from different teams get the Grass Starter, would that be all the starters taken for the Grass?

"Due to the nature of Pokemon (the games being single player and the anime really only having one main gym challenger) this RP will be limited acceptance. I will only be accepting, not including Skaia or my character, FOUR people into the RP.

They will be split into two groups of three, with the third for both being Skaia or my character, who will travel the same path. However they will have a bit of a time delay which will allow both groups to experience similar but different events at each area."

"For the latter there are things to keep in mind. There will only be one of each Type on each team. That is to say two people can have the Fire starter but they must be on different teams. Note that these starters would be given to those who lack a Pokemon prior to getting on the boat to Korova."

Taken from the OP :P

"Due to the nature of Pokemon (the games being single player and the anime really only having one main gym challenger) this RP will be limited acceptance. I will only be accepting, not including Skaia or my character, FOUR people into the RP.

They will be split into two groups of three, with the third for both being Skaia or my character, who will travel the same path. However they will have a bit of a time delay which will allow both groups to experience similar but different events at each area."

"For the latter there are things to keep in mind. There will only be one of each Type on each team. That is to say two people can have the Fire starter but they must be on different teams. Note that these starters would be given to those who lack a Pokemon prior to getting on the boat to Korova."

Taken from the OP :P

Alright. I might've skimmed over the last part there, but thanks nonetheless.

This should help out a bit more.

[spoiler=On the case!]

yYIheYx.jpg?1

"STOP!  You've violated the law!  Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence.  Your stolen goods are now forfeit."

Name: Oswald Lewinsky 

Hometown: Goldenrod, Johto

[spoiler=Appearance:]

qxokJLg.jpg

Height: 176cm

Weight: 64 kg

[spoiler=Personality:]

Very strict, and uptight, Oswald holds a very high standard for himself as a truly law abiding citizen.  He always demands the utmost of himself, and tries to be a symbol of the ideal version of what a good citizen would hopefully look like.  This also means that he is very orderly, and likes to have everything on some sort of list with categories galore.  Schedules are his best friend, and if he doesn't have his day planned out, he'll be a pitiful heap that does nothing that day.  Oswald tends to keep these days to a minimum if possible.  He doesn't like being down on himself.  He would rather look out with a bright smile than dwell on the sadder stuff in life.  

Oswald is tends to lean towards a very authoritarian nature, mostly because he was the only man in his household.  He was forced to grow up quick and fast, in order to help his mom around the house.  He tended to boss around his mom's Pokemon when tasks needed to be done around the house.  Naturally, this continued into his adolescent and teenage years.  His favorite job in school was being a hall monitor.  No evil doer would get past him, and sneak into the bathroom without a pass!  He never really grew out of that phase either, and rather enjoyed super hero shows that depicted masked crusaders fighting evil.  He thought the dress-up parts of those shows were silly, but at their core, the messages really spoke to him.  

While a bit naive of life outside of the city, Oswald has the desire to learn about other social ecosystems, and their ties to Pokemon.  He wants to further his career as an Interpol Officer, and will stop at nothing to stop the forces of evil.  

[spoiler=Biography:]

Being born and raised in Goldenrod City, Oswald has grown used to the hustle and bustle of life.  When he was little, during the radio tower invasion of Team Rocket, his father had gone M.I.A., leaving him without a figure of authority in the household, and his mother crying every night.  He knew it wasn't his father's fault...rather that if Team Rocket never existed, there wouldn't be this empty void in their household.  A pain that they couldn't even see.  Oswald learned at a very young age what hatred truly was.  However, he wouldn't let it get the best of him.  Rather in fact, he would use these emotions to further his own sense of justice and morality.  He tried his hand as a vigilante for a while in Goldenrod, gaining the moniker of Golden Guy.  He paraded the underbelly of the city, only to find out that he didn't stand a chance against criminals who used Pokemon as tools to meet their ends.  Before he could stop any major crimes, he himself was nabbed by the authorities of the city.

He was lectured quite thoroughly at Police Headquarters, but a man who happened to stop by at the time saw something in Oswald.  He saw that the boy had a strong sense of justice, but wasn't able to do anything in his current state.  The man's name was looker, and he gave the boy a deal.  Let the criminals of the world run loose, or become an junior International Police investigator.  Oswald obviously accepted the latter, and started training at the academy in the city.  After graduating his first courses, he was given a pokeball containing his new partner.  It was Oswald's first Pokemon, a fluffy sheep who tingled him upon contact.  Pokemon used for the graduate program were rehabilitated Pokemon that were once used as weapons, or other bad purposes.    

His first mission as a Junior International Police agent was to investigate the ongoings of the Korova region.  There, he would see if the region was harboring fugitives of the law, or even worse, to see if a new criminal organization was on the rise.  But first, he would need to learn what it was to be a trainer...what it was that he was combating against.  Graduating from Junior to official interpol operative would require rigorous trials as a trainer, and proving one's worth against the elite trainers of a region seemed to be a perfect task to graduate.  Competing in the Korova's Pokemon league, and showing Looker all 8 badges, was now his next goal.  

But will he aim for even greater heights?  

[spoiler=Starting Pokemon:]

Pokemon: Mareep
Name: Archie
Appearance: Wears an interpol vest that fits comfortably around his body.  
Personality: Loyal and Friendly, but always on guard.  His senses are on high alert to detect high priority threats around Oswald and other citizens.  
Method of Catching/Length of owning: Acquired as a graduation gift from Interpol Academy

[spoiler=Team:]

Mareep (Archie), Level 8, Male. Modest Nature. Static. Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave, Thundershock. 

Starly (Icarus), Level 7, Male, Adamant Nature. Reckless. Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack

[spoiler=Inventory]

2320 poke

5 Poke Balls

Hoenn represent.
[spoiler=Bitter Breeder]

jXqOx2A.jpg
"Your Pokémon really likes you. It must have pretty low standards."

Name: Kanon Suzuki

Hometown: Fortree City, Hoenn

[spoiler=Appearance]cwmR0VZ.jpg
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 136 pounds

Commonly wears the blue-green raincoat and thigh-high rubber boots depicted above. Umbrella not included.

[spoiler=Personality]People tend to not like Kanon. That's entirely her fault; being a rather unpleasant girl, Kanon has a habit of shoving human interaction away, and acts harsh, bitter, and somewhat malicious when dealing with people. She wants nothing to do with others, preferring to be left alone so she can do her own thing. Shitty person though she may be however, Kanon should not be assumed to be a shitty human being. She's the sort of person who would donate millions to charity if she could, but would make sure to do it anonymously so that people won't come to her singing praises about her generosity. She may even compliment people from time to time, but it's rare for her to not immediately follow it up by spinning it in some weird way to make it an insult instead. Cutting out all the jabroniiness in Kanon leaves a heart of gold who wants the best for everyone, even if she won't admit it. In the same vein, she'll appreciate being looked out for, but doesn't want people to expect praise for it or to really do it for any reason other than because it would be the right thing to do.

What she lacks in people skills, however, Kanon more than makes up for with her talent in handling Pokémon. While she can be harsh with people, Pokémon are an entirely different story. Although they generally can't speak with words like she can, Kanon could hold a conversation for days with a Pokémon friend, and will devoutly study how to best care for each and every species known to man. As one could expect, she takes the mistreatment of Pokémon very seriously, and she's not afraid to intervene if she thinks one might be in danger. Already being something of a harsh girl, Kanon isn't afraid to tell somebody straight to their face that they're putting Pokémon in danger, then work to get the party in question to stop whatever's endangering them. She'd rather not battle for it though, as although Kanon acknowledges the importance of Pokémon battles - both for the Pokémon and their trainers - she believes such battles should be recreational and/or competitive, and not a means to push one's ideology. The nitty-gritty detailed stuff like that is part of why Kanon generally dislikes human interaction.

As a general rule, Kanon feels more at home the more surrounded by nature she is. She'd rather spend a night camping in the woods than sleeping in a five-star resort, and can get a bit claustrophobic while indoors. She isn't overly fond of caves either, but she can manage just fine as long as she can see an exit. Bat-like Pokémon can easily startle her as well, especially in caves, though calling her outright afraid of them would be wrong; she just needs to get used to them being there is all. Her ideal location is a clearing deep in a forest, where people will leave her alone and where Pokémon live peaceful, happy lives. Because of this fondness for nature, Kanon is best approached when surrounded by it. She might even show somebody a smile, even if it doesn't last for very long before returning to her usual serious expression.

Since Kanon's spent most of her life with relatively low amounts of human interaction, it can be hard for her to pick up on social cues sometimes. This makes her great at telling people things that need to be said without fear of hurting somebody's feelings, and most statements that aren't direct and to-the-point tend to either bounce off her completely or go right over her head. While she can be a bit frail physically, having a rather low threshold for pain, Kanon's mental and emotional strength more than makes up for it. Bearing nerves of steel and an iron will, Kanon is the type of person who will set a goal, then keep getting up to continue toward it no matter how many times life knocks her down.

Kanon's biggest goal in life is to become a world-class breeder.

[spoiler=Biography]Born in Fortree City, Kanon's was a life rich in Pokémon interaction. Her mother was an adventuring trainer who settled down to raise a child, and her father worked at the nearby weather institute. With both of her parents being active members of Fortree's community, it left Kanon with lots of time to herself and her mother's trusty Houndoom, who despite appearances, was one of the sweetest creatures in town. Mrs. Suzuki's Houndoom always guarded the house and Kanon herself, being as much a part of the family to her as her mother or father. Any Pokémon Kanon was lucky enough to meet was a friend to her, as far as she was concerned, and it wasn't uncommon for her and Houndoom to explore nearby Routes 119 and 120 in search of new friends in the wild. If something was in fact not friendly and meant harm to Kanon, Houndoom had her back, and if Houndoom - in its old age - was ever tired and needed to take a nap, Kanon didn't mind waiting patiently for it to wake up. Kanon spent so much time bonding with Pokémon in the wild that it didn't leave her much time for human interaction, and virtually none outside of her family.

Despite her growing skills at bonding with wild Pokémon, however, Kanon never really met one that felt like a companion she could call her very own. No matter how many times she and Houndoom left Fortree to explore the nearby wilderness, and no matter how many wild Pokémon the two met together, Kanon never managed to meet a Pokémon willing to join her for more than some pleasant interactions before parting ways for a while. She also refused to be just given one as if Pokémon were material possessions of some sort, leaving her mother's Houndoom as "her" only partner for her entire life in Hoenn. Eventually, Kanon's attention was directed beyond Hoenn, toward the Korova Region.

It was a place she hadn't really heard of before. There were surely new types of Pokémon to meet, she figured, and the trip was being paid for by Korova's Pokémon League. It seemed as fitting a start to an adventure as any, and so Kanon packed her things, bound for Korova. She had fully intended to arrive without a Pokémon and catch one once she arrived, but her "plan" was thrown astray during her boat trip. During a storm at sea, Kanon heard something hit her door, likely carried in by the wind or waves. She opened her door to find a Poliwag, somewhat injured, before hurriedly bringing the Pokémon in and shutting the door. Kanon spent most of the remainder of her voyage nursing the Poliwag back to health herself, since she had no Pokéball to store it in for the absolutely more efficient healing machines on-deck, similar to ones seen in Pokémon Centers. Her efforts paid off though, as a few days before arriving at Korova, Poliwag was healthy as could be, and had grown quite attached to its human savior. Even when she tried to return it to the water where it came from, Poliwag stuck by Kanon's side.

With her very first companion of her own in tow, Kanon has set her sights toward the Korova Region, ready to tackle whatever the region has in store for her.

[spoiler=Starting Pokemon]Pokémon: Poliwag
Name: Bubbles
Appearance: Looks a little beaten-up due to some small scars and bruises that haven't gone away, but is in much better shape than when Kanon met him
Personality: Bubbles is a timid creature who isn't really one for fighting or meeting new people. However, he's a loyal friend - especially to Kanon - who doesn't mind going a bit out of his comfort zone if he's got someone reliable at his back. Still getting used to Pokéballs, and prefers to spend his time outside of them.
Method of Catching/Length of owning: Encountered and was nursed by Kanon during her boat ride to Korova.

[spoiler=Team][spoiler=#1 - Bubbles the Poliwag]60.png
Pokémon: Poliwag
Level: 8
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Timid
Moves: Water Sport, Water Gun

[spoiler=#2 - Lunar the Rockruff]744.png
Pokémon: Rockruff
Name: Lunar
Level: 7
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Tackle, Leer

[spoiler=#3 - Ursula the Inkay]686.png
Pokémon: Inkay
Name: Ursula
Level: 6
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Impish
Moves: Peck, Reflect

[spoiler=Inventory]Poké: 740
1 family-sized tent, big enough for team NOK with a bit of wiggle room, assuming pokemon are in their pokeballs or outside (Princess definitely can't join them in here)
3 backpacks, one for each team member
3 sleeping bags, again, one each
1 heater, for those chilly Korovan nights in the tent (remember to turn it off before sleeping; safety first kids!)
1 electric lantern, because who needs HM05 when you can have a lantern?
Assorted camping-friendly food items, so mostly canned goods you can make super-easy.

9 Pokeballs

1 Premier Ball

[spoiler=Misc]Has several pictures of herself and her mother's Houndoom together. Keeps them in her wallet.

Doesn't like having her fashion sense questioned.

Has a particular soft spot for canine Pokémon, such as Houndoom, Stoutland, and Lycanroc, due to growing up with one.

[spoiler=Professor in the Making]Name: Victor Girard

Hometown: Petalburg city, Hoenn

[spoiler=Appearance]new_mons_character.jpg

Vic is a somewhat unassuming young man with thick, black hair and light hazel eyes. Despite being tall (6 feet, in fact) and athletic, he somehow manages to blend in almost as well as his partner, Phineas. Perhaps its because he doesn't talk too much, and even when he does his soft, soothing tenor of a voice doesn't lend itself to being heard. Or maybe its just that the way he carries himself doesn't give him much presence, but for whatever reason, Vic is hard to pick out, be it in a crowd or even alone in the woods tracking wild pokemon. He favors earth tones in his clothing, and prefers warm, comfortable jackets and loose fitting pants (as pictured above). Like many trainers, he's almost never without his hat, which he often wears backwards so that his Treeko has an easier time hanging onto his shoulder. Other items of note include a durable leather messenger bag in which Vic will stash any number of useful or interesting things, his boots (which feature steel toes and slip resistant treads), and the latest model Devon corporation Poke'nav, which was a going-away present from his older sister.

[spoiler=Personality]As stated above, Vic is a quiet, soft spoken person. He's introspective, thoughtful, and and level-headed; rarely prone to bouts of anger or absent mindedness. Though these are all good traits to have (especially when compared to some of Victor's more fiery peers), they also give most people a rather dull first impression of Vic's character. At a glance, he seems kind of odd; not speaking too often, and often appearing to be lost in his own thoughts or staring off into space. It doesn't help his case that he isn't the most social young man, either (he usually won't start a conversation and looks like he'd be much more comfortable off by himself somewhere). All these factors together mean that most people write Victor off immediately. In other words, he's incredibly disarming.

The reality, however, is that this just isn't the truth. Victor is much more present and far more intelligent than he appears to be. He's constantly people (or pokemon) watching, making mental notes of everything he sees and committing as much information as possible to memory. A bottomless well of factoids, observations, and useful knowledge, Vic seems to have an answer for everything, to the point that even his friends can sometimes find it annoying. His approach to life in general is very empirical: observe, hypothesize, test, record, and if necessary, repeat. Conversely, Victor finds it difficult, even frightening, to go into a situation without some kind of prior knowledge, and so he prefers to stay back and watch before committing to something. While this process of his can (and probably will) make him a successful person, it also means that Victor has a very hard time "feeling" his way through any given event. In other words, one could say he's socially inept. Relationships (platonic or otherwise) are difficult for him, as people (and sometimes pokemon) often don't behave in predictable ways that lend themselves to his method of understanding. Put bluntly, Vic has a sort of robotic awkwardness about him that he has a hard time overcoming.

Definitely don't take this to mean that Victor is robotic though. Quite the contrary, in fact. While creativity might not be his strong suit, and he definitely isn't outgoing, Victor is most certainly sensitive and empathetic. His ability to interact and express himself leaves something to be desired, sure, but he's always observant enough to notice when something is wrong. He doesn't always know the right thing to say, but rest assured that Victor will always say or do something when he sees another individual in need. Likewise, he wears his own emotions on his sleeve(though verbally expressing that he feels hurt or sad is rare),and so its very easy to tell how Vic himself is feeling, simply by watching or talking with him. This is especially evident in his interactions with pokemon, who (probably due to his non-threatening appearance) seem naturally drawn to him. Likewise Victor finds their animal behaviors and emotional honesty much preferable to people, who can be hard for him to connect with.

[spoiler=Biography]Victor Gerard has always loved being outside. Even when he was small, mother nature seemed to provide a better playground than anything Petalburg City had to offer, and so much of Vic's early childhood was spent adventuring, either with friends or by himself, in the Petalburg Woods and the surrounding routes. As he grew older, this fascination with the great outdoors intermingled with an interest in science and biology, specifically that of the pokemon he always seemed to encounter.

By the time he was thirteen, this had blossomed into something of an obsession for him, and most of Victor's free time was spent (as he likes to call it) "pokemon tracking": looking for evidence of, following, and ultimately finding and observing the creatures in their natural habitats, all while doing his best to remain undetected. He got really good at it too, so much so that people began to take notice when he brought back the locations of watering holes for rare pokemon, or pictures of specimens with odd, shiny coloration. As it happened, one of these people was Hoenn's resident Pokemon Professor: Birch. Professor Birch (who had given Victor's older sister Shirley her Mudkip a few years previously) saw potential in the young teen, and offered Victor a job at his laboratory as a field assistant. Victor (after some negotiating with his parents, of course) happily accepted, and spent the next few years traveling on and off across Hoenn whenever the professor needed an extra hand.

It was on one of these research excursions that Professor Birch gave Victor his first pokemon: a hot-blooded Treeko that he nicknamed Phineas. Though it took a bit longer than the professor expected, and there was some fighting along the way, Victor and Phin developed a strong, healthy partnership. Phineas was perfectly suited to helping Vic track down wild pokemon for study, and despite the clashing personalities of Pokemon and Trainer, the both of them bonded of their shared love of exploration and discovery. When faced with hostile or territorial wild pokemon, they proved adept in battle as well (much to the professor's relief).

Just a few weeks after his seventeenth birthday, Vic's older sister Shirley (with her rambunctious Swampert in tow) arrived home after competing in the Sinnoh Pokemon league. While there she'd heard that Korova, a far away region, was seeking new trainers to come adventure there and take part in their own regional league. Eager for her little brother to have the same kind of experiences that she'd had at his age, she urged Victor to go. Though Phin was more than eager, Victor was hesitant to leave for such a far away place. Ultimately, it took a pokemon battle (in which Shirley used a newly captured Tailow to defeat Vic's Treeko), to convince Victor that there was much more he had to learn. So, hesitantly, but with his family and professor Birch's blessing, Victor set off for Korova to begin his journey as a Pokemon Trainer.

[spoiler=Starter Pokemon]Species: Treeko

Nickname: Phineas (Phin for short)

Obtained: A year and a half ago, from Professor Birch.

[spoiler=Personality]Phin is an action hero, or at least he thinks he is. Hot tempered, eager, even foolhardy, Phineas thinks he can handle any challenge put before him, charging headlong into the unknown and battle alike with reckless abandon. He means well, mind you, but between his mischievous streak, competitive nature, and short temper, Phin often finds himself in over his head. Luckily for him, Victor is always around to help reign him in when he gets himself in too much trouble. On the flip side, Phin is most often the one who drags Victor out of his shell, and tends to do the job of breaking the ice with new people for his triainer. Phin can be wily and manipulative too, and whenever there's something he wants, or something he can tell that his trainer wants, Phin will always try to engineer a situation that produces that outcome, sometimes at his own or (more often) Victor's expense. Needless to say, Phineas can be tough to get along with, but there's no doubt that deep down he's good-hearted, and he's always willing to go the extra mile and stick his neck out when his friends need him.

[spoiler=Team][spoiler=Phin]

Species: Treeko

Nickname: Phineas, Phin

Level: 5

Ability: Overgrow

Nature: Adamant

Moves: Pound, Leer, Absorb

[spoiler=Other]

• Both Vic and Phin have a love for dried fruit, and they can usually be found eating it together on the trail.
  • Vic's favorite color is green.
  • To date, Vic has successfully tracked and seen 142 distinct species of pokemon. Despite this, he has never even once attempted to capture one.

[spoiler=On the case!]

yYIheYx.jpg?1

"STOP!  You've violated the law!  Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence.  Your stolen goods are now forfeit."

Name: Oswald Lewinsky 

Hometown: Goldenrod, Johto

[spoiler=Appearance:]

qxokJLg.jpg

Height: 176cm

Weight: 64 kg

[spoiler=Personality:]

Very strict, and uptight, Oswald holds a very high standard for himself as a truly law abiding citizen.  He always demands the utmost of himself, and tries to be a symbol of the ideal version of what a good citizen would hopefully look like.  This also means that he is very orderly, and likes to have everything on some sort of list with categories galore.  Schedules are his best friend, and if he doesn't have his day planned out, he'll be a pitiful heap that does nothing that day.  Oswald tends to keep these days to a minimum if possible.  He doesn't like being down on himself.  He would rather look out with a bright smile than dwell on the sadder stuff in life.  

Oswald is tends to lean towards a very authoritarian nature, mostly because he was the only man in his household.  He was forced to grow up quick and fast, in order to help his mom around the house.  He tended to boss around his mom's Pokemon when tasks needed to be done around the house.  Naturally, this continued into his adolescent and teenage years.  His favorite job in school was being a hall monitor.  No evil doer would get past him, and sneak into the bathroom without a pass!  He never really grew out of that phase either, and rather enjoyed super hero shows that depicted masked crusaders fighting evil.  He thought the dress-up parts of those shows were silly, but at their core, the messages really spoke to him.  

While a bit naive of life outside of the city, Oswald has the desire to learn about other social ecosystems, and their ties to Pokemon.  He wants to further his career as an Interpol Officer, and will stop at nothing to stop the forces of evil.  

[spoiler=Biography:]

Being born and raised in Goldenrod City, Oswald has grown used to the hustle and bustle of life.  When he was little, during the radio tower invasion of Team Rocket, his father had gone M.I.A., leaving him without a figure of authority in the household, and his mother crying every night.  He knew it wasn't his father's fault...rather that if Team Rocket never existed, there wouldn't be this empty void in their household.  A pain that they couldn't even see.  Oswald learned at a very young age what hatred truly was.  However, he wouldn't let it get the best of him.  Rather in fact, he would use these emotions to further his own sense of justice and morality.  He tried his hand as a vigilante for a while in Goldenrod, gaining the moniker of Golden Guy.  He paraded the underbelly of the city, only to find out that he didn't stand a chance against criminals who used Pokemon as tools to meet their ends.  Before he could stop any major crimes, he himself was nabbed by the authorities of the city.

He was lectured quite thoroughly at Police Headquarters, but a man who happened to stop by at the time saw something in Oswald.  He saw that the boy had a strong sense of justice, but wasn't able to do anything in his current state.  The man's name was looker, and he gave the boy a deal.  Let the criminals of the world run loose, or become an junior International Police investigator.  Oswald obviously accepted the latter, and started training at the academy in the city.  After graduating his first courses, he was given a pokeball containing his new partner.  It was Oswald's first Pokemon, a fluffy sheep who tingled him upon contact.  Pokemon used for the graduate program were rehabilitated Pokemon that were once used as weapons, or other bad purposes.    

His first mission as a Junior International Police agent was to investigate the newest and most unexplored region of the world, Korova.  There, he would investigate if the region was harboring fugitives of the law, or even worse, to see if a new criminal organization was on the rise.  But first, he would need to learn what it was to be a trainer...what it was that he was combating against.  Those gangsters used Pokemon as tools for evil, but he would be different!  With this burden, Oswald set off with his partner to Korova, hoping to continue his just purge of evil.  

[spoiler=Starting Pokemon:]

Pokemon: Mareep

Name: Archie

Appearance: Wears an interpol vest that fits comfortably around his body.  

Personality: Loyal and Friendly, but always on guard.  His senses are on high alert to detect high priority threats around Oswald and other citizens.  

Method of Catching/Length of owning: Acquired as a graduation gift from Interpol Academy

[spoiler=Team:]

Mareep (Archie), Level 5, Male. Modest Nature. Static. Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave. 

Hoenn represent.

[spoiler=Bitter Breeder]

jXqOx2A.jpg

"Your Pokémon really likes you. It must have pretty low standards."

Name: Kanon Suzuki

Hometown: Fortree City, Hoenn

[spoiler=Appearance]cwmR0VZ.jpg

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 136 pounds

Commonly wears the blue-green raincoat and thigh-high rubber boots depicted above. Umbrella not included.

[spoiler=Personality]People tend to not like Kanon. That's entirely her fault; being a rather unpleasant girl, Kanon has a habit of shoving human interaction away, and acts harsh, bitter, and somewhat malicious when dealing with people. She wants nothing to do with others, preferring to be left alone so she can do her own thing. Shitty person though she may be however, Kanon should not be assumed to be a shitty human being. She's the sort of person who would donate millions to charity if she could, but would make sure to do it anonymously so that people won't come to her singing praises about her generosity. She may even compliment people from time to time, but it's rare for her to not immediately follow it up by spinning it in some weird way to make it an insult instead. Cutting out all the jabroniiness in Kanon leaves a heart of gold who wants the best for everyone, even if she won't admit it. In the same vein, she'll appreciate being looked out for, but doesn't want people to expect praise for it or to really do it for any reason other than because it would be the right thing to do.

What she lacks in people skills, however, Kanon more than makes up for with her talent in handling Pokémon. While she can be harsh with people, Pokémon are an entirely different story. Although they generally can't speak with words like she can, Kanon could hold a conversation for days with a Pokémon friend, and will devoutly study how to best care for each and every species known to man. As one could expect, she takes the mistreatment of Pokémon very seriously, and she's not afraid to intervene if she thinks one might be in danger. Already being something of a harsh girl, Kanon isn't afraid to tell somebody straight to their face that they're putting Pokémon in danger, then work to get the party in question to stop whatever's endangering them. She'd rather not battle for it though, as although Kanon acknowledges the importance of Pokémon battles - both for the Pokémon and their trainers - she believes such battles should be recreational and/or competitive, and not a means to push one's ideology. The nitty-gritty detailed stuff like that is part of why Kanon generally dislikes human interaction.

As a general rule, Kanon feels more at home the more surrounded by nature she is. She'd rather spend a night camping in the woods than sleeping in a five-star resort, and can get a bit claustrophobic while indoors. She isn't overly fond of caves either, but she can manage just fine as long as she can see an exit. Bat-like Pokémon can easily startle her as well, especially in caves, though calling her outright afraid of them would be wrong; she just needs to get used to them being there is all. Her ideal location is a clearing deep in a forest, where people will leave her alone and where Pokémon live peaceful, happy lives. Because of this fondness for nature, Kanon is best approached when surrounded by it. She might even show somebody a smile, even if it doesn't last for very long before returning to her usual serious expression.

Since Kanon's spent most of her life with relatively low amounts of human interaction, it can be hard for her to pick up on social cues sometimes. This makes her great at telling people things that need to be said without fear of hurting somebody's feelings, and most statements that aren't direct and to-the-point tend to either bounce off her completely or go right over her head. While she can be a bit frail physically, having a rather low threshold for pain, Kanon's mental and emotional strength more than makes up for it. Bearing nerves of steel and an iron will, Kanon is the type of person who will set a goal, then keep getting up to continue toward it no matter how many times life knocks her down.

Kanon's biggest goal in life is to become a world-class breeder.

[spoiler=Biography]Born in Fortree City, Kanon's was a life rich in Pokémon interaction. Her mother was an adventuring trainer who settled down to raise a child, and her father worked at the nearby weather institute. With both of her parents being active members of Fortree's community, it left Kanon with lots of time to herself and her mother's trusty Houndoom, who despite appearances, was one of the sweetest creatures in town. Mrs. Suzuki's Houndoom always guarded the house and Kanon herself, being as much a part of the family to her as her mother or father. Any Pokémon Kanon was lucky enough to meet was a friend to her, as far as she was concerned, and it wasn't uncommon for her and Houndoom to explore nearby Routes 119 and 120 in search of new friends in the wild. If something was in fact not friendly and meant harm to Kanon, Houndoom had her back, and if Houndoom - in its old age - was ever tired and needed to take a nap, Kanon didn't mind waiting patiently for it to wake up. Kanon spent so much time bonding with Pokémon in the wild that it didn't leave her much time for human interaction, and virtually none outside of her family.

Despite her growing skills at bonding with wild Pokémon, however, Kanon never really met one that felt like a companion she could call her very own. Even when she and Houndoom went off on their own brief adventure, exploring about half of the Hoenn Region, Kanon never managed to meet a Pokémon willing to join her for more than some pleasant interactions before parting ways for a while. She also refused to be just given one as if Pokémon were material possessions of some sort, leaving her mother's Houndoom as her only traveling partner for her entire life in Hoenn. Eventually, Kanon's attention was directed beyond Hoenn, toward the Korova Region.

It was a place she hadn't really heard of before. There were surely new types of Pokémon to meet, she figured, and the trip was being paid for by Korova's Pokémon League. It seemed as fitting a start to an adventure as any, and so Kanon packed her things, bound for Korova. She had fully intended to arrive without a Pokémon and catch one once she arrived, but her "plan" was thrown astray during her boat trip. During a storm at sea, Kanon heard something hit her door, likely carried in by the wind or waves. She opened her door to find a Poliwag, somewhat injured, before hurriedly bringing the Pokémon in and shutting the door. Kanon spent most of the remainder of her voyage nursing the Poliwag back to health herself, since she had no Pokéball to store it in for the absolutely more efficient healing machines on-deck, similar to ones seen in Pokémon Centers. Her efforts paid off though, as a few days before arriving at Korova, Poliwag was healthy as could be, and had grown quite attached to its human savior. Even when she tried to return it to the water where it came from, Poliwag stuck by Kanon's side.

With her very first companion of her own in tow, Kanon has set her sights toward the Korova Region, ready to tackle whatever the region has in store for her.

[spoiler=Starting Pokemon]Pokémon: Poliwag

Appearance: Looks a little beaten-up due to some small scars and bruises that haven't gone away, but is in much better shape than when Kanon met him

Personality: Bubbles is a timid creature who isn't really one for fighting or meeting new people. However, he's a loyal friend - especially to Kanon - who doesn't mind going a bit out of his comfort zone if he's got someone reliable at his back. Still getting used to Pokéballs, and prefers to spend his time outside of them.

Method of Catching/Length of owning: Encountered and was nursed by Kanon during her boat ride to Korova.

[spoiler=Team][spoiler=#1]60.png

Pokémon: Poliwag

Level: 5

Ability: Swift Swim

Nature: Timid

Moves: Water Sport, Water Gun

[spoiler=Misc]Has several pictures of herself and her mother's Houndoom together. Keeps them in her wallet.

Doesn't like having her fashion sense questioned.

Has a particular soft spot for canine Pokémon, such as Houndoom, Stoutland, and Lycanroc, due to growing up with one.

[spoiler=Vic]Name: Victor Girard

Hometown: Petalburg city, Hoenn

[spoiler=Appearance]new_mons_character.jpg

Vic is a somewhat unassuming young man with thick, black hair and light hazel eyes. Despite being tall (6 feet, in fact) and athletic, he somehow manages to blend in almost as well as his partner, Phineas. Perhaps its because he doesn't talk too much, and even when he does his soft, soothing tenor of a voice doesn't lend itself to being heard. Or maybe its just that the way he carries himself doesn't give him much presence, but for whatever reason, Vic is hard to pick out, be it in a crowd or even alone in the woods tracking wild pokemon. He favors earth tones in his clothing, and prefers warm, comfortable jackets and loose fitting pants (as pictured above). Like many trainers, he's almost never without his hat, which he often wears backwards so that his Treeko has an easier time hanging onto his shoulder. Other items of note include a durable leather messenger bag in which Vic will stash any number of useful or interesting things, his boots (which feature steel toes and slip resistant treads), and the latest model Devon corporation Poke'nav, which was a going-away present from his older sister.

[spoiler=Personality]As stated above, Vic is a quiet, soft spoken person. He's introspective, thoughtful, and and level-headed; rarely prone to bouts of anger or absent mindedness. Though these are all good traits to have (especially when compared to some of Victor's more fiery peers), they also give most people a rather dull first impression of Vic's character. At a glance, he seems kind of odd; not speaking too often, and often appearing to be lost in his own thoughts or staring off into space. It doesn't help his case that he isn't the most social young man, either (he usually won't start a conversation and looks like he'd be much more comfortable off by himself somewhere). All these factors together mean that most people write Victor off immediately. In other words, he's incredibly disarming.

The reality, however, is that this just isn't the truth. Victor is much more present and far more intelligent than he appears to be. He's constantly people (or pokemon) watching, making mental notes of everything he sees and committing as much information as possible to memory. A bottomless well of factoids, observations, and useful knowledge, Vic seems to have an answer for everything, to the point that even his friends can sometimes find it annoying. His approach to life in general is very empirical: observe, hypothesize, test, record, and if necessary, repeat. Conversely, Victor finds it difficult, even frightening, to go into a situation without some kind of prior knowledge, and so he prefers to stay back and watch before committing to something. While this process of his can (and probably will) make him a successful person, it also means that Victor has a very hard time "feeling" his way through any given event. In other words, one could say he's socially inept. Relationships (platonic or otherwise) are difficult for him, as people (and sometimes pokemon) often don't behave in predictable ways that lend themselves to his method of understanding. Put bluntly, Vic has a sort of robotic awkwardness about him that he has a hard time overcoming.

Definitely don't take this to mean that Victor is robotic though. Quite the contrary, in fact. While creativity might not be his strong suit, and he definitely isn't outgoing, Victor is most certainly sensitive and intuitive. His ability to interact and express himself leaves something to be desired, sure, but he's always observant enough to notice when something is wrong. as well (somewhat surprisingly) Vic is a wonderfully empathetic young man. He doesn't always know the right thing to say, but rest assured that Victor will always say something. He wears his own emotions on his sleeve, too (though verbally expressing that he feels hurt or sad is rare) , and so its very easy to tell how Vic himself is feeling, simply by interacting with him. This is especially evident in his interactions with pokemon, who (probably due to his non-threatening appearance) seem to naturally take a liking to him. Likewise Victor finds their animal behaviors and emotional honesty much preferable to people, who can be hard for him to connect with.

[spoiler=Biography]Victor Gerard has always loved being outside. Even when he was small, mother nature seemed to provide a better playground than anything Petalburg City had to offer, and so much of Vic's early childhood was spent adventuring, either with friends or by himself, in the Petalburg woods. As he grew older, this fascination with the great outdoors and a need for adventure intermingled with an interest in science and biology, specifically that of the pokemon he always seemed to encounter.

By the time he was thirteen, this had blossomed into something of an obsession for him, and most of Victor's free time was spent (as he likes to call it) "pokemon tracking": looking for evidence of, following, and ultimately finding and observing the creatures in their natural habitats, all while doing his best to remain undetected. He got really good at it too, so much so that people began to take notice when he brought back the locations of watering holes for rare pokemon, or pictures of specimens with odd coloration. As it happened, one of these people was Hoenn's resident Pokemon Professor: Birch. Professor Birch (who had given Victor's older sister Shirley her Mudkip a few years previously) saw potential in the young teen, and offered Victor a job at his laboratory as a field assistant. Victor (after some negotiating with his parents, of course) happily accepted, and spent the next few years traveling on and off across Hoenn whenever the professor needed an extra hand.

It was on one of these research excursions that Professor Birch gave Victor his first pokemon: a hot-blooded Treeko that he nicknamed Phineas. Though it took a bit longer than the professor expected, and there was some fighting along the way, Victor and Phin developed a strong, healthy partnership. Phineas was perfectly suited to helping Vic track down wild pokemon for study, and despite the clashing personalities of Pokemon and Trainer, the both of them bonded of their shared love of exploration and discovery. When faced with hostile or territorial wild pokemon, they proved adept in battle as well (much to the professor's relief).

Just a few weeks after his seventeenth birthday, Vic's older sister Shirley (with her rambunctious Swampert in tow) arrived home after competing in the Sinnoh Pokemon league. While there she'd heard that Korova, a far away region, was seeking new trainers to come adventure there and take part in their pokemon league. Eager for her little brother to have the same kind of experiences that she'd had at his age, she urged Victor to go. Though Phin was more than eager, Victor was hesitant to leave for such a far away place. Ultimately, it took a pokemon battle (in which Shirley used a newly captured Tailow to defeat Vic's Treeko), to convince Victor that there was much more he had to learn. So, hesitantly, but with his family and professor Birch's blessing, Victor set off for Korova to begin his journey as a Pokemon Trainer.

[spoiler=Starter Pokemon]Species: Treeko

Nickname: Phineas (Phin for short)

Obtained: A year and a half ago, from Professor Birch.

[spoiler=Personality]Phin is an action hero, or at least he thinks he is. Hot tempered, eager, even foolhardy, Phineas thinks he can handle any challenge put before him, charging headlong into the unknown and battle alike with reckless abandon. He means well, mind you, but between his mischievous streak, competitive nature, and short temper Phin often finds himself in over his head. Luckily for him, Victor is always around to help reign him in when he gets himself in too much trouble. On the flip side, Phin is most often the one who drags Victor out of his shell, usually forcibly. He's as intuitive as his trainer is, and whenever there's something he wants, or something he can tell that his trainer wants, Phin will always try to engineer a situation that produces that outcome, sometimes at his own or (more often) Victor's expense. Needless to say, Phineas can be tough to get along with, but there's no doubt that deep down he's good-hearted, and he's always willing to go the extra mile, both in and out of battle.

[spoiler=Team][spoiler=Phin]

Species: Treeko

Nickname: Phineas, Phin

Level: 7

Ability: Unburden

Nature: Adamant

Moves: Pound, Leer, Absorb

[spoiler=Other]

• Both Vic and Phin have a love for dried fruit, and the both of them can usually be found eating it on the trail.
  • Vic's favorite color is green
  • To date, Vic has successfully tracked and seen 142 distinct species of pokemon. Despite this, he has never even once attempted to capture one.

Alright so to give some initial thoughts/concerns imma say some things.

Oswald: So I love his personality honestly. It could be fun to see played out. I do worry about longevity. Do you think you can keep his character going for a long period of time without it getting dull?

The bio, one thing to mention is that Korova is mostly isolated simply because it doesn't have much that would draw tourists and such. I do worry about one thing though. What's his motivation for actually doing the adventure, collecting badges, and the like? And would he be fine joining a group for this mission? Because I am unsure about that part.

I like the app overall...also, does that vest affect Static I wonder...

Kanon: ngl that first paragraph has me concerned. The heart of gold thing is super hyperbolic and I am always worried about the "She's a jerk...but she's actually really nice!" thing. Also I can see no reason she'd be traveling with people and I find it difficult to imagine it being fun to have someone THAT anti-social in a group for a long period. Especially a group of only three people.

The bio, I have an issue with the traveling with Houndoom thing. It seems odd she did all that with just an old Houndoom on her side and it also gives her a LOT more experience than what usually would be seen in a starting trainer. Even Oswald is basically a newbie and he's a junior cop.

Also I only just realized Swift Swim is a Hidden Ability, so I'm kind of iffy about that.

Gold Vic: First of all his personality is a bit odd to read cause it's like "he looks like he's this, but he's actually this, but actually he's actually this." The last paragraph really highlights this, a bit much. It's not necessarily bad but it gives this odd impression of "this is how he is...except not really, he's actually this and this" and leaves me unsure what to think of his personality overall.

The bio is fine, maybe slightly over experienced but since he's just researching and not battling not so much to be an issue.

Unsure how I feel about Treeko's ability, but will think about it.

I am very sure that I won't let it be level 7 though

Gold Vic: First of all his personality is a bit odd to read cause it's like "he looks like he's this, but he's actually this, but actually he's actually this." The last paragraph really highlights this, a bit much. It's not necessarily bad but it gives this odd impression of "this is how he is...except not really, he's actually this and this" and leaves me unsure what to think of his personality overall.

The bio is fine, maybe slightly over experienced but since he's just researching and not battling not so much to be an issue.

Unsure how I feel about Treeko's ability, but will think about it.

I chose the hidden ability for flavor (like if Phin gets an assault vest he can remove it mid-battle). If its an issue overgrow is perfectly fine. I wrote his personality that way to help inform other characters’ first impressions of him. I can do some edits if thats an issue.

Oh and Treeko’s level 5 now.

Kanon: ngl that first paragraph has me concerned. The heart of gold thing is super hyperbolic and I am always worried about the "She's a jerk...but she's actually really nice!" thing. Also I can see no reason she'd be traveling with people and I find it difficult to imagine it being fun to have someone THAT anti-social in a group for a long period. Especially a group of only three people.

The bio, I have an issue with the traveling with Houndoom thing. It seems odd she did all that with just an old Houndoom on her side and it also gives her a LOT more experience than what usually would be seen in a starting trainer. Even Oswald is basically a newbie and he's a junior cop.

Also I only just realized Swift Swim is a Hidden Ability, so I'm kind of iffy about that.

Comin' in real quick to try and defend Kanon as-is. I can make some edits here and there if necessary, but here's my logic on the concerns you've brought up.

Heart of gold: I admit, I probably didn't phrase that the best. In using the phrase "heart of gold" specifically I mean, because Kanon is a morally good person, she's just... a jabroni. As for the "she's a jerk but really nice" thing, think tsunderes. Since that's kinda what Kanon is, just that's how she acts in general instead of because she likes a particular person.

Traveling with people in a group: The reasoning I came up with off the top of my head was that she overlooked on the pamphlet or w/e that she'd be in a group, and will probably opt to stick with them when she finds out simply because she's in unfamiliar territory, and will tough out having to deal with people for the sake of strength in numbers. Also lets her get close to any Korovan starters her group would have, which she'd be very interested in since it's a species of Pokémon she's never heard of.

Houndoom & being a trainer: That one I do get where you're coming from. If it helps, Houndoom didn't really take battle orders from Kanon so much as if she was in danger he'd just kinda torch whatever the problem was; she's got experience traveling with one single Pokémon, but no actual trainer experience insofar as battle goes other than "My mother's Houndoom breathes fire and can bite things".

Swift Swim: But Damp and Water Absorb are lame. I can switch to Damp if it's a problem though. I also intend to go for Politoed instead of Poliwrath as a final-stage Pokémon, in the event that Swift Swim Poliwrath was a part of your concern here.

Alright so to give some initial thoughts/concerns imma say some things.

Oswald: So I love his personality honestly. It could be fun to see played out. I do worry about longevity. Do you think you can keep his character going for a long period of time without it getting dull?

The bio, one thing to mention is that Korova is mostly isolated simply because it doesn't have much that would draw tourists and such. I do worry about one thing though. What's his motivation for actually doing the adventure, collecting badges, and the like? And would he be fine joining a group for this mission? Because I am unsure about that part.

I like the app overall...also, does that vest affect Static I wonder...

A perfect locale for criminal activity heheheh....

I can add that maybe to graduate to a real detective, he has to collect all the badges of the new region?  

Comin' in real quick to try and defend Kanon as-is. I can make some edits here and there if necessary, but here's my logic on the concerns you've brought up.

Heart of gold: I admit, I probably didn't phrase that the best. In using the phrase "heart of gold" specifically I mean, because Kanon is a morally good person, she's just... a jabroni. As for the "she's a jerk but really nice" thing, think tsunderes. Since that's kinda what Kanon is, just that's how she acts in general instead of because she likes a particular person.

Traveling with people in a group: The reasoning I came up with off the top of my head was that she overlooked on the pamphlet or w/e that she'd be in a group, and will probably opt to stick with them when she finds out simply because she's in unfamiliar territory, and will tough out having to deal with people for the sake of strength in numbers. Also lets her get close to any Korovan starters her group would have, which she'd be very interested in since it's a species of Pokémon she's never heard of.

Houndoom & being a trainer: That one I do get where you're coming from. If it helps, Houndoom didn't really take battle orders from Kanon so much as if she was in danger he'd just kinda torch whatever the problem was; she's got experience traveling with one single Pokémon, but no actual trainer experience insofar as battle goes other than "My mother's Houndoom breathes fire and can bite things".

Swift Swim: But Damp and Water Absorb are lame. I can switch to Damp if it's a problem though. I also intend to go for Politoed instead of Poliwrath as a final-stage Pokémon, in the event that Swift Swim Poliwrath was a part of your concern here.

Tsundere...hmm, I suppose seeing what you do with that could be fine. A bit worried still.

Still a little worried about how she'd interact with a group, don't want to leave two people more/less interacting on their own.

The Houndoom part is still a little odd to me, maybe have it not have been such a super long travel?

Hmmm....I suppose I'll think about it more but Drizzle is actually potentially stronger.

A perfect locale for criminal activity heheheh....

I can add that maybe to graduate to a real detective, he has to collect all the badges of the new region?  

That could work yeah. Something like it being a final exam. I could roll with that.

Hmmm....I suppose I'll think about it more but Drizzle is actually potentially stronger.

5a87dca264c8a2c651eed4a4cb5228e9.gif

As for Houndoom and traveling, I can cut out the mini-adventure where she went around Hoenn beyond her comfort zone of Routes 119 & 120 no problem. Consider them done (^_~)b

Archived