How bad is my 2017 Gladiator Beast Deck Build

ABC Gun

Just be "Honest" with me (get it), how does this Gladiator Beast Deck Build look to all of you

Kir9PV7.png

[spoilersMonsters]3x Gladiator Beast Andal

3x Gladiator Beast Augustus
3x Gladiator Beast Noxious
3x Gladiator Beast Laquari
3x Gladiator Beast Darius
3x Gladiator Beast Bestiari
3x Test Tiger
2x Gladiator Beast Lanista
2x Gladiator Beast Equeste

[spoilersSpells]3x Gladiator Proving Ground
3x Fire Formation - Tensu
1x Cattle Call
1x Dark Hole
1x Rageki
1x Book of Moon

​[spoilersTraps]3x Gladiator Beast War Chariot
2x Defensive Tactics

​[spoilersExtra Deck]3x Gladiator Beast Essedarii
3x Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
2x Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor
2x Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
2x Gladiator Beast Nerokius
3x Gladiator Beast Dragacius​

​[spoilersSide Deck]1x Gladiator Beast Lanista
1x Gladiator Beast Equeste
1x Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor
1x Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
1x Gladiator Beast Nerokius
1x Cattle Call
1x Defensive Tactics

To clarify;
● Cattle Call is exclusively to get out 1 Gladiator Beast Dragacius in a hurry to Special Summon up to 2 Gladiator Beast Fusions from the Extra Deck.
● Defensive Tactics is a version of Waboku that can recycle itself over and over to allow you to keep your Gladiator Beasts on the field to activate their effects along with the effect of Gladiator Beast Noxious.
● I did not put in Fire Formation - Tenki because Gladiator Proving Ground gives you any Level 4 or lower Gladiator Beast, not to mention Test Tiger lets you Special Summon any Gladiator Beast from the Deck and treat that as if it were Special Summoned by a Gladiator Beast effect.

It means you posted this in the wrong section of this site, instead of in Your Deck section, where Dad moved this. 

Also, post the deck list underneath; don't expect members to instantly recall which cards are which in there.

Got it first time posting a Deck on this site

It looks pretty bad. If you're going to be running the normal monster, you may as well be running 3 Rescue Rabbit. But I think you'd be better off without any normals or rescue rabbits.

I don't really see why Cattle Call is in there, since none of the Fusions can be summoned by it and the Link doesn't seem too useful without its effects.

I see no reason not to play Fire Formation Tenki.

You could probably cut down on having so many multiples of cards in the extra deck and get some generically good cards in there. No idea what though.

Are any of the Glad Beasts Warrior-type or are they all Beast Warriors? Reinforcement of the Army if they have any Level 4 or lower Warriors worth running.

Good luck with the deck!

It looks pretty bad. If you're going to be running the normal monster, you may as well be running 3 Rescue Rabbit. But I think you'd be better off without any normals or rescue rabbits.

I don't really see why Cattle Call is in there, since none of the Fusions can be summoned by it and the Link doesn't seem too useful without its effects.

I see no reason not to play Fire Formation Tenki.

You could probably cut down on having so many multiples of cards in the extra deck and get some generically good cards in there. No idea what though.

Are any of the Glad Beasts Warrior-type or are they all Beast Warriors? Reinforcement of the Army if they have any Level 4 or lower Warriors worth running.

Good luck with the deck!

I've never been good with Glad Beasts, btw there are no Warrior-Type Glad Beasts, yet.

Waboku is strictly superior to Tactics because neither of them are searchable and Wab has less restrictions to activate.

If you're running Andal, run some sort of Normal Support like Unexpected Dai or Rescue Rabbit to take advantage of it.otherwise it's a dead normal summon. Alternatively, you can just drop it and run more traps.

Tenki may not be advisable, since glads like hands with some but not too many monsters. Honestly I run 2 Proving ground in my build.

Speaking of, what in the actual heck is Lanista doing there, and where are your Retiari and your Murmillo? Drop Lanista and run them, they're solid cards on a tag in.

If you're going to be committing to Cattle Call, then you might as well fully commit, and run Missus Radiant to be a beast-type target for test tiger. It's a shame that there aren't any Beast-warrior links atm, but you get what you get.

Extra Deck should have WAAAAAAYYY fewer copies of the glads, 2 max of Gyzarus and Dragacius, and should have more options to cover more ground. Generic rank 4 is always an option since Darius is a thing, and Rank 8 is strong because of Augustus and Editor. You also have a decent growing set of generic link options, summon sorceress and Skulldeat being among them.

Archived