Cluster Cyclone of Catastrophe [Written]

Sleepy

Cluster Cyclone of Catastrophe

Normal Trap

If your opponent declares an attack: Destroy all Spell/Trap Cards on the field, and if you do, players cannot conduct Main Phase 2 until your next End Phase.

- - - - -

Malevolent Catastrophe retrain since the original has not warranted enough use.

It is equally situational to use, but your opponent cannot just say "I'll set them on MP2 and be safe". 

For fairness, you won't get a MP2 either during your upcoming turn.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO it is good enough. Malevolent Catastrophe has long been powercrept, so a retrain is welcomed, and this looks effective as a retrain. It still suffers from relying on the Battle Phase when nowadays most of the removal is done during the Main Phase1. I think it would be neat if it had an extra condition that lets you activate it from the hand xD

IMO it is good enough. Malevolent Catastrophe has long been powercrept, so a retrain is welcomed, and this looks effective as a retrain. It still suffers from relying on the Battle Phase when nowadays most of the removal is done during the Main Phase1. I think it would be neat if it had an extra condition that lets you activate it from the hand xD

I'm not very comfortable about Trap Cards flat out not being able to function as their mechanic intents. At this point Konami might as well create a Trap Icon for hand usage if it is the only thing they can lean on moving forward. It is like a fundamental part of the game got severely outdated. Konami seemed to want to address the complaints of some people towards  hand traps instead of real hand traps, so they made 2 actual traps, missing the point of why people wanted them to be actual traps in the first place xD

I'm not very comfortable about Trap Cards flat out not being able to function as their mechanic intents. At this point Konami might as well create a Trap Icon for hand usage if it is the only thing they can lean on moving forward. It is like a fundamental part of the game got severely outdated. Konami seemed to want to address the complaints of some people towards  hand traps instead of real hand traps, so they made 2 actual traps, missing the point of why people wanted them to be actual traps in the first place xD

I agree there, I liked the days where running backrow was more relevant.

But you got to keep up with the times, at least in this section with a metagame mindset, and nowadays the times are first-turn killer boards only stoppable by "hand trap" monsters, sadly for me, and I'm guessing for you, too xD.

Archived