Nigerian slaves have organs harvested, bodies mutilated and are set on fire

Ryusei the Morning Star

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/29/sales-nigerians-slaves-libya-barbaric-21st-century-nigeria-senate/

This one should be SFW

Images of modern day slavery taking place across Libya, posted by a former Nigerian minister revealed that Nigerian migrants are being sold into slavery by smugglers for $200.

A burned corpse hanging upside down. Three men standing side by side with scars covering the wounds from their stolen internal organs. Human beings for sale. Libya is effectively Hell right now

This is a great topic, but I am not okay with linking to corpses.  This is still a children's forum.  Find a link without all the gore that focuses on the story and notify me before you post it, please.  Consider this a verbal.  I'll bring up a discussion regarding these types of topics (where linked content includes gore and extreme violence) so that we don't have to have this discussion in the future.

This is considered Not Safe For Work content, and ultimately I don't want to see it in General.  

I'm not going to punish you for it.  I'm only setting a precedent.  

This is a great topic, but I am not okay with linking to corpses.  This is still a children's forum.  Find a link without all the gore that focuses on the story and notify me before you post it, please.  Consider this a verbal.  I'll bring up a discussion regarding these types of topics (where linked content includes gore and extreme violence) so that we don't have to have this discussion in the future.

This is considered Not Safe For Work content, and ultimately I don't want to see it in General.  

I'm not going to punish you for it.  I'm only setting a precedent.  

Did it show any of the gore? I watched the video, it was just the migrants on the boat. 

Edit: Oh god, the pictures below didn't load for me. Sorry

Did it show any of the gore? I watched the video, it was just the migrants on the boat. 

Edit: Oh god, the pictures below didn't load for me. Sorry

It's fine.  Just take more care in your articles and check your websites carefully.  I appreciate your cooperation.

"Most awful, the lawmaker added, was the sale of of 12 Nigerians as low as $400 to $800."

Really? The problem was that they were going too cheap? I think the main issue at hand is the brutality of it and the fact that there's slavery at all, not that some new slave owner got themself a bargain.

"Most awful, the lawmaker added, was the sale of of 12 Nigerians as low as $400 to $800."

Really? The problem was that they were going too cheap? I think the main issue at hand is the brutality of it and the fact that there's slavery at all, not that some new slave owner got themself a bargain.

It speaks of how much they've been dehumanized 

I believe you misinterpreted the intent of the statement. Both the fact that they were sold at all in the first place, and how these human lives only end up being worth such a meager amount is an inseparable part of why this is appalling.

They're treated as livestocks and those prices shows how much value they had in the eyes of the slavers, which to say, barely even above the standard price of goats.

It's the degradation of the human value that became the focus of it, which was exemplified by those prices.

It's insane to me that places like Nigeria and Saudi Arabia (to name two high profiles cases) are still allowed to exist, at least in the form that they do. Whilst I get it, not all issues equally equated to one another and I'm not doing much to stop it. I feel like Governments should be putting their feet down on these Medival places. Whilst the SA situation isn't the exact same, it's still horrific.

It's insane to me that places like Nigeria and Saudi Arabia (to name two high profiles cases) are still allowed to exist, at least in the form that they do. Whilst I get it, not all issues equally equated to one another and I'm not doing much to stop it. I feel like Governments should be putting their feet down on these Medival places. Whilst the SA situation isn't the exact same, it's still horrific.

I don't know whether you're jesting or not, but the issue here is about Nigerian citizens being enslaved in chaotic post-coup Libya.

I wasn't specifically commenting on this particular issue (I should have clarified) more so that these sort of things are still happening in this world and it's completely unjust and I don't think Governments are doing enough to attempt to combat it, I guess I expect more out of countries who are far better off and instead of trying to improve their own countries and peoples, and to a further extent humanity as a whole, are more focused on getting out of an Imaginary debt by changing things unnecessarily.

I don't know enough to comment on whether the Coup was just or not, but the fact a coup was required is where my point stands. You'll have to forgive me for not promoting a full coherent statement, passing time at work.

I'm not suggesting to pump all resources into resolving other countries issues. We all have our own issues to deal with, but the fact that humanity as a whole spends more money on researching and upgrading military technology rather than actually aiding other countries, supporting charities etc. perhaps I'm being irrational, I just think it's horrifying to think.

America spends $610 billion dollars on Military for example.

"I mean I wasn't going to buy a slave but with hot deals and quality discounts like those how can I resist?" - Some dude probably

My country is responsible for Lybia's mess

The U.S. is responsible for a lot of messes all over the globe. Saying "focus on your own country" is like an in an out. We got in, did our dirt, and got out. You don't get to pick what funk ups shouldn't be focused on.

Either we take all of our blame or none of it.

Archived