Q&A With the Draconus #5

Draconus297

@White: Maybe. Eventually. *shrug*

@Eshai: My favorite card game, not counting YGO itself, is a toss-up between Hanabi and Cards Against Humanity. The former because it's a cooperative party game, something you practically never see; the latter because I'm a cynical ass who enjoys dark humor. I also enjoy MtG and the Pokémon TCG.

@Polaris: I actually rather like Harry Potter, bar Order of the Phoenix. Why?

@CowCow: As counterproductive as it sounds, go by rounds. That way, while you might occasionally get stuck because of a particular person not moving, you can ensure the longevity of the RP by just keeping anyone from getting lost in a flood of new information. Also, make battling blend game and anime styles- some rigid rules, but room for good old-fashioned improv. I also have an entire custom region roster to give you, in case you're hurting for mons.

@Sonic: Drinking, maybe. No gambling, though, because my luck is godawful, and if you confine a drunken me in a crowded party, I can guarantee a stabbing.

To be completely honest, it's mostly the variety. I do like certain specific mons, but the real thing that gets me is the sheer number of options I have when building a team, all the interesting things I can do. Nostalgia helps too, obviously- it's not like a kid from the tail end of the 90s could have avoided things like Pokémon- but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if it weren't so damned fun.

As a character, he's pretty meh. Not all that great, but not godawful either. The world around him is genuinely more interesting than he is.

As for the actor, Radcliffe is . . . Radcliffe. He gave the role what it needed (although someone should've given him green color contacts- seriously, do some reading, Hollywood), and his roles outside HP are just as serviceable. He doesn't add anything to the roles he takes (oh hai . . . Jim Carrey- most of my other examples are dead), but he doesn't leave them wanting for anything either (oh hai quite a few other younger actors).

What I don't like is people calling me Harry Potter just because I'm a skinny dude with glasses. There are a million other examples, people, and a lot of them fit better!

As a character, he's pretty meh. Not all that great, but not godawful either. The world around him is genuinely more interesting than he is.

As for the actor, Radcliffe is . . . Radcliffe. He gave the role what it needed (although someone should've given him green color contacts- seriously, do some reading, Hollywood), and his roles outside HP are just as serviceable. He doesn't add anything to the roles he takes (oh hai . . . Jim Carrey- most of my other examples are dead), but he doesn't leave them wanting for anything either (oh hai quite a few other younger actors).

What I don't like is people calling me Harry Potter just because I'm a skinny dude with glasses. There are a million other examples, people, and a lot of them fit better!

Note that the reason he didn't wear green contacts was because he was allergic to them.

Given that you didn't specify what kind of favorite, here's a brief rundown of all the ones that qualify:

•Design-wise, it's a tie between two members of a pair: Friemato (Ice/Steel, with a basis in badass anime sword users) and Dragalaxy (Dragon/Fairy, basically Stardust Dragon as a Pokémon). In my failed ROMhack, you could essentially only get one or the other before fighting the Champion.

•Speaking of the Champion, their ace was Sandraigoch, the one I'm easily most all-around satisfied with. It was a Fire/Dragon pseudo-legendary with its only weakness being Shuckle-tier speed, and an Ability that makes it much more powerful if it goes last.

•In terms of competitive, the big one (in my opinion) was a little Water/Steel thing called Stealthray. Why? Its Hidden Ability, Siege, just completely negates items. Your held item doesn't work, you can't Mega-Evolve, can't use Z moves, and in single player you can't heal while it's up or for three turns after it leaves. It's an absolutely nasty thing to fight.

•Offhand, I'd like to mention my trio Legendaries: Amphenom, Amphithorn, and Amphiment (Dragon/Poison, Dragon/Grass, Dragon/Rock, respectively). You could only get them in-story by releasing 3 Pokèmon of their respective secondary Types at their spawn locations, and their stats would vary depending on the Natures of the mons you released (starting out at 96 in every stat, and gaining 15 in the stat raised by the Nature of each mon released, or 3 in all stats for Hardy and such). Also, each one's Ability lets it use any random move of their secondary Type instead of Struggle (so, basically, Amphiment might Rock Polish once it runs out of PP).

Archived