[Written] Syrus Truesdale's Manga cards

ABC Gun

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Syrus_Truesdale_(manga)

[spoilersMonsters]Einroid

DARK Level 1 Machine Effect
ATK 200/DEF 1800
When this card is sent to the GY: Send 1 "roid" Machine monster from your Deck to the GY, except "Einroid". If this card is used as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "roid" Machine Fusion Monster: Draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Einroid" once per turn.

Zweiroid
FIRE Level 2 Machine Effect
ATK 700/DEF 1000
During your Main Phase: You can discard 1 or 2 cards, and if you do, this card gains 1000 ATK for each card discarded until your opponent's next End Phase. If this card is used as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "roid" Machine Fusion Monster: Target up to 2 "roid" Machine monsters and/or Spells/Traps in your GY, except this card, then add 1 of those targets to your hand and return the other to the top of the Deck. You can only use each effect of "Zweiroid" once per turn.

Dreiroid
WATER Level 3 Machine Effect
ATK 1200/DEF 200
If a card/effect is activated, except a "roid" Machine monster or Spell/Trap effect (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card, then negate that effect. If this card is used as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "roid" Machine Fusion Monster: Declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, Trap), then excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, then if you excavated any "roid" Machine monster or Spell/Trap of that declared type, add 1 of those cards to your hand, and place the remaining cards on the bottom of your Deck, in any order. You can only use each effect of "Dreiroid" once per turn.

Veirroid
WIND Level 4 Machine Effect
ATK 1700/DEF 1000
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "roid" Machine monster from your hand or GY, except "Veirroid". If this card is used as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "roid" Machine Fusion Monster: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "roid" Machine monster from your Deck, except "Veirroid". You can only use each effect of "Veirroid" once per turn.

Fünfroid
LIGHT Level 5 Machine Effect
ATK 2200/DEF 1800
If you have 5 or more "roid" Machine monsters on your field and/or in your GY: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, and if you do; inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each Level 4 or lower "roid" Machine monster you control and/or in your GY with different names. During your Main Phase: You can send 1 Normal Spell from your hand, field, or Deck to the GY that includes an effect that Fusion Summons, then replace this effect with that card's effect that Fusion Summons. If this card is used as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "roid" Machine Fusion Monster: Gain 500 LP for each Fusion Material used for that Fusion Summon. You can only use each effect of "Fünfroid" once per turn.

​[spoilersSpells & Traps]

March of the Roids (Normal Spell Card)
If you control a "roid" Machine monster: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "roid" Machine monster from your hand, Deck, or GY. You cannot Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this card, except "roid" Machine monsters. You can only activate 1 "March of the Roids" per turn.

Ultimate Machine Union (Normal Spell Card)
Activate this card at the start of your Main Phase 1 while you control no cards. Fusion Summon 1 "roid" Machine Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck, by banishing monsters from your Deck that are listed on that monster as materials. You cannot activate cards/effects the turn you activate this card, except "roid" Machine monster or Spell/Trap effects. You can only activate 1 "Ultimate Machine Union" per turn.

Roid Reinforcements (Normal Trap Card)
Target a number of "roid" Machine monsters in your GY that can be Normal Summoned/Set, then discard the same number of cards, and if you do, add those targets to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Roid Reiinforcements" per turn.

Mechanic's Soul (Normal Trap Card)
If a "roid" Machine monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can send 1 "roid" Machine monster with a different name than any of those destroyed monsters from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 of those destroyed monsters in Attack Position. You can only activate 1 "Mechanic's Soul" per turn.

[spoilersExtra Deck]Solidroid α

DARK Level 7 Machine Fusion Effect
ATK 2600/DEF 1800
3 Level 4 or lower "roid" Machine monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above monsters from your hand. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only Special Summon "Solidroid α" once per turn this way. When this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Target 1 monster your opponent controls, then this card gains ATK equal to that target's original ATK until your opponent's next End Phase. During your End Phase (Quick Effect): You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target up to 2 of your banished "roid" Machine monsters; add them to your hand.

Solidroid β
WIND Level 7 Machine Fusion Effect
ATK 2500/DEF 1900
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above monsters from your GY. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only Special Summon "Solidroid β" once per turn this way. When this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Target 1 monster your opponent controls, then destroy that target, and if you do, banish it from the GY. During your End Phase (Quick Effect): You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target up to 2 of your banished "roid" Machine monsters; return them to your GY.

Solidroid γ
WIND Level 7 Machine Fusion Effect
ATK 2700/DEF 2000
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above monsters you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only Special Summon "Solidroid γ" once per turn this way. When this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls, then destroy that target, and if you do, banish it from the GY. During your End Phase (Quick Effect): You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target up to 2 of your banished "roid" Machine monsters; Special Summon them in Defense Position. Those monsters' cannot attack, and their effects are negated.

Real quick, I saw some images on yugioh.wikia about these cards, looked them up and became suddenly inspired to make rl versions of these cards. When making these cards I drew a lot from 2 already established Deck Builds; the Expressroid Combo as most of these cards involve sending roids directly to the GY from the hand or Deck, and the Ritual Beasts when designing the Fusion Monsters as they can recycle resources like the Ritual Beasts. Each of the "German Number" roids has an effect that activates when you use them as Fusion Materials, the point of this is that each of them is actually a separate part of Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine from the manga and I thought it would be cool and useful to give each of its parts an effect that can help the player recoup most of their losses during that duel. Dreiroid, Veirroid, and Fünfroid did not have any other stats or effects outside their Levels so I gave them what I thought was appropriate considering how I wanted them to be played, I also edited the Summon condition of Solidroid α from the manga because in the manga it would send its Fusion Materials from the hand to the GY while the other Solidroids banished theirs from certain areas on the board. The Solidroids are based around slight field control as they gain an effect that either destroys and banishes a card on the field, or (in the case of Solidroid α) it gains ATK until the next turn, but each of them banishes its Fusion Materials and during the End Phase, you can do as you would with a Ritual Beast; return those Fusion Monsters to the Extra Deck, then move up to 2 of your banished roid monsters (either add to the hand, return to the GY, or Special Summon them). The Spells and Traps are just generic support for the Archetype, there's nothing special about them except Ultimate Machine Union that acts like a faster version of Future Fusion that banishes the materials but prevents you from using the effects of any card that is not a roid card that turn.

I remember doing my take on the Solidroids, making them kinda like Chain Beat where they could switch themselves out for another from the Extra Deck, and then have different protection effects to react to whatever your opponent was doing. 

Einroid got... nerfed? Why? If you're nerfing the Double Foolish Burial then you should loosen the restriction on how it can be sent to the GY for the Foolish Burial. An example would be making it when it's sent from the hand or field to the GY, which would do well for Fusion Summoning. You kinda did this with the draw effect, but I feel just putting all of it into 1 effect is a bit better for adapting the card itself.

Zweiroid is kinda terrible. No one is going to discard 2 cards for a miniscul ATK boost like 1000. Seriously Axe of Raider is better than that. However, if you make each discard 1000 ATK  and make it so you can add up to 2 Roid monsters from your GY to your hand rather than placing them on top of the Deck, that could be kind of fine. 

Dreiroid negates literally everything. No one would care about the second effect since this would become more of a staple than a card you would run in Roids. 

Veirroid is solid, although I feel instead of having the "Special Summon from Deck" effect it should allow you to Fuse without Polymerization with the monsters you control. The effect wouldn't be necessarily better, but with all the effects going off when they're used as Fusion Materials an extra bit of Fusion with a recover effect could be nice.

Also enables Mixeroid with it, since you can Tribute it to Special Summon this, and then Special Summon Mixeroid from the GY. Guess that goes either way but enabling Fusion with just Mixeroid sounds like something Roids would want.

Funfroid needs more. It's worse than just running Cyber Dragon, which is much easier to Summon and enables the use of Cyber Dragon Fusions. I would make it a "If you control no monsters or only "roid" monster(s)" restriction, take off the 500 damage, and then probably buff the LP gain effect to 1000. This gives the Deck meaningful recovery and makes for a more toolbox oriented playstyle, which seems like it would be about right.

Will post the rest later.

I remember doing my take on the Solidroids, making them kinda like Chain Beat where they could switch themselves out for another from the Extra Deck, and then have different protection effects to react to whatever your opponent was doing. 

Einroid got... nerfed? Why? If you're nerfing the Double Foolish Burial then you should loosen the restriction on how it can be sent to the GY for the Foolish Burial. An example would be making it when it's sent from the hand or field to the GY, which would do well for Fusion Summoning. You kinda did this with the draw effect, but I feel just putting all of it into 1 effect is a bit better for adapting the card itself.

Zweiroid is kinda terrible. No one is going to discard 2 cards for a miniscul ATK boost like 1000. Seriously Axe of Raider is better than that. However, if you make each discard 1000 ATK  and make it so you can add up to 2 Roid monsters from your GY to your hand rather than placing them on top of the Deck, that could be kind of fine. 

Dreiroid negates literally everything. No one would care about the second effect since this would become more of a staple than a card you would run in Roids. 

Veirroid is solid, although I feel instead of having the "Special Summon from Deck" effect it should allow you to Fuse without Polymerization with the monsters you control. The effect wouldn't be necessarily better, but with all the effects going off when they're used as Fusion Materials an extra bit of Fusion with a recover effect could be nice.

Also enables Mixeroid with it, since you can Tribute it to Special Summon this, and then Special Summon Mixeroid from the GY. Guess that goes either way but enabling Fusion with just Mixeroid sounds like something Roids would want.

Funfroid needs more. It's worse than just running Cyber Dragon, which is much easier to Summon and enables the use of Cyber Dragon Fusions. I would make it a "If you control no monsters or only "roid" monster(s)" restriction, take off the 500 damage, and then probably buff the LP gain effect to 1000. This gives the Deck meaningful recovery and makes for a more toolbox oriented playstyle, which seems like it would be about right.

Will post the rest later.

I was trying to make them competitive without breaking them or the game, and I wanted players to focus on their Fusion Material effects when used specifically with Ultimate Machine Union for Barbaroid.

Also updated the effects of Einroid, Zweiroid, and Fünfroid

Archived