[Written] Xenoblade Crimson Flare

Thomas★Zero

Xenoblade Crimson Flare

Equip Spell Card

You can either equip this card to a Monster you control or Special Summon this card as a Effect Monster (FIRE/Warrior/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF/0) (This card is also still a Spell Card.) This card while in a Monster Zone gains 500 ATK for each other Monster you control. If this card or a Monster equipped with this card attacks a defence position Monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage and if you do: inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. You can only activate "Xenoblade Crimson Flare" once per turn. You can only control 1 face up "Xenoblade Crimson Flare".

So I designed this card with a unique aspect of being both a Equip Spell and a Monster where this gains 500 ATK for all other Monsters you control while its treated as a Monster. In addition if this card or a Monster equips it battles a defence position Monster, this card will inflict piercing a effect damage still to balance this powerful card I made it so you can only control 1 of this card at a time.

This card can make for an effective addition to any Rank 4/Link Deck and even work effectively in Noble Knights with Isolde.

Finally this card is based of Pyra's Sword from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 hence why this card acts as both Monster and Equip Spell.

All round nice card, personally I make it trap because Trap monsters are an established mechanic and spells generally focus on tokens instead (and yes, traps can now equip as well) but I guess I can understand the need to be treated as an "Equip Spell" for other reasons so I'll give that a pass

it can go up 4000ATK or 4500ATk with an extra link, not bad, flip a Scapegoat and you already have a pretty nice beater. 

And the equip effect is good enough that I didn't immediately dismiss it, just nice and solid but an ATK increase wouldn't have gone unappreciated

Need some restrictions on equipping and SS, because as it's worded right now you can just loop it equipping it and unequipping it, make it HOPT or something like that and it'll be fine. (Deck out your opponent under Maxx "C"?)

Overall solid, but probably doesn't need as much "balancing" as you think it does

All round nice card, personally I make it trap because Trap monsters are an established mechanic and spells generally focus on tokens instead (and yes, traps can now equip as well) but I guess I can understand the need to be treated as an "Equip Spell" for other reasons so I'll give that a pass

it can go up 4000ATK or 4500ATk with an extra link, not bad, flip a Scapegoat and you already have a pretty nice beater. 

And the equip effect is good enough that I didn't immediately dismiss it, just nice and solid but an ATK increase wouldn't have gone unappreciated

Need some restrictions on equipping and SS, because as it's worded right now you can just loop it equipping it and unequipping it, make it HOPT or something like that and it'll be fine. (Deck out your opponent under Maxx "C"?)

Overall solid, but probably doesn't need as much "balancing" as you think it does

gave it a hard OPT clause on activating it also the card doesn't state that you can unequipped it from a monster. Its just the case that both this and the equipped monster share the same effect of inflicting piercing and dealing effect damage through it.

Archived