How about easier questions for the registration questions.

Urayne

i was trying to make a new account, but the damned questions you have to answer are f***ing hard as it late collage stuff.

how about using captcha or easier questions.  the damned thing pissed me off... >:(  and the "type this in caps three times"  isnt possible because the  answer exceeds the letter limit.  seriously.  get ur s*** together...

[spoiler=Example Question]A 58 kip articulated bus with a frontal area of 63 ft^2 travels at a velocity of 65 mph on a freeway section with a given grade of 3.26%. Assuming that the density of air is 0.002378 slug/ft^3 and drag coefficient is 0.51, calculate the total resistance in lb to nearest whole number.

Captcha doesn't seem like a bad idea, if we can do it.

[spoiler=Example Question]A 58 kip articulated bus with a frontal area of 63 ft^2 travels at a velocity of 65 mph on a freeway section with a given grade of 3.26%. Assuming that the density of air is 0.002378 slug/ft^3 and drag coefficient is 0.51, calculate the total resistance in lb to nearest whole number.

Captcha doesn't seem like a bad idea, if we can do it.

Is this actually it?

What the funk, Sakura, this is Easter all over again.

A water pipe outside Nick Wilde's residence in Zootopia passes fluid through a 20-in pipe with a velocity of 11 ft/s. Assuming the density of the water is constant (62.43 lb/ft^3), determine the volumetric and mass flows through this apparatus. Round to nearest whole numbers and write units (denote exponents with [ ^ ], space your answers with a comma). [EX: 100 m^3/s, 210 kg/s] ”

Ok so we know who made these questions, but we don’t know why it’s not just “write this in lowercase”

I support all forms of eugenics:

With our knowledge of the complete unalterability both of character and of mental faculties, we are led to the view that a real and thorough improvement of the human race might be reached not so much from outside as from within, not so much by theory and instruction as rather by the path of generation. Plato had something of the kind in mind when, in the fifth book of his Republic, he explained his plan for increasing and improving his warrior caste. If we could castrate all scoundrels and stick all stupid geese in a convent, and give men of noble character a whole harem, and procure men, and indeed thorough men, for all girls of intellect and understanding, then a generation would soon arise which would produce a better age than that of Pericles. -Based Schopenhauer :pray: @polaris

I'm honestly glad that I don't need to make a new account (for Halloween especially) as I don't think I'd be able to easily solve those physics stuff. Hell, I couldn't really do so during Easter. I agree what they need to be easier, but there has to be a balance for keeping spambots out.

Yes, the registration questions are like that. My friend Izumi Katashi tried to sign up multiple times, and any time he was given a question like that, he reloaded the page for a new question. There's even a question that goes like this:

"How many posts does it take to recieve the 'Ragnarok' Title on this site?"

I wanna know how a new member would know that, when most of us don't know the answer to that one!

What the heck?!

That question got a laugh out of me, as in "that can't be serious"....

I wanna try it out just to see the questions.

I'm sure glad I just needed my username, password, an email, and nothing else when I joined back in 2008.

I understand questions existing but really, if you have to raise the bar that high for bots that you make it too high for actual members, that's an issue that's got to be addressed.

That's what he changed them to? Sakura, what the funk? This is marketed as a children-friendly forum so you make the security questions college physics? No wonder we haven't been getting new members; nobody can funking solve the security questions. Seeing as the target demographic for YGO, and therefore YCM, is children - probably in elementary or middle school - college-level security questions are unacceptable, and you should have known that much when you changed them. I have some additional comments on the matter, but I will save those for a PM.

A water pipe outside Nick Wilde's residence in Zootopia passes fluid through a 20-in pipe with a velocity of 11 ft/s. Assuming the density of the water is constant (62.43 lb/ft^3), determine the volumetric and mass flows through this apparatus. Round to nearest whole numbers and write units (denote exponents with [ ^ ], space your answers with a comma). [EX: 100 m^3/s, 210 kg/s] ”

Ok so we know who made these questions, but we don’t know why it’s not just “write this in lowercase”

I feel like a variable is missing here, assuming it's a straight pipe that does not change altitude

VF = Volume of Fluid * Velocity of Fluid = V/t= A * L/t= Av

v= 11 ft/s=132in/s, unless 20in refers to diameter, you can't solve this equation 

Pi*(10 in)^2*132=41469.0230274 in^3/s

In sakura's defense, he could have made it a lot worse, having it be an inclined pipe with a compressible fluid would have made it college level physics, as it stands, it's like middle school level

I took the liberty of sampling out the questions I got. In case anybody is curious on what an average difficulty of them actually would look like.
Though I mostly haven't really read them in detail, I skimmed through them enough to more or less not get repeated ones in the shot.

2ftuZIP.png

Archived