Snatch Steal's 2 Week Ban

Don't assume you're speaking for anyone but yourself. If anyone wants to be spoken for, let them speak for themselves. If they've been banned, then let them get a hold of the mod teams themselves.

I'm not assuming anything actually. There are clear and explicit rules. By Dad's own admission the mod team has ignored those rules. That's an assault on everyone tbh

Nah.  I'm applying punishment to Snatch Steal because I agreed to a punishment for Enguin.  It's not about convenience.  It's not about how I feel.  You want it to be that way, but it's not.  I don't care about a team image because it's irrelevant.

And you've yet to justify how enguin's ban is in anyway in line with the guidelines

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you've yet to justify how enguin's ban is in anyway in line with the guidelines

What guidelines?  I have to spell-out "ironic racism is still racism" for you?  

I do find it alarming that it's a series of bans that serves as precedent for more bans rather than the rules which played little role in any of them. 

Shaking in your boots?  Don't worry, you're in no-one's sights.  You're invisible right now.

Yeah? You do. When you make a public affair of treating Shard one way and then have a completely different MO with Enguin. You have to spell it out very clearly

I remeber when you said extra judicial bans only applied for me. Guess that's also out now

Sorry about that.  Had to mop my floor so it took me a minute to get back to you.

And since Enguin exhibited Shard's qualities (albeit to a lesser extent) we acted.  Considering it wasn't his first offense, and after re-evaluating his ban a third time, we've already decided that Enguin will remain banned.  So let's get back to talking about Snatch Steal who will return in two weeks.

As far as extrajudicial bans go, we didn't ban you for being anti-Semitic.  Case-by-case basis.

Shaking in your boots?  Don't worry, you're in no-one's sights.  You're invisible right now.

I could care less if I were, given that it's just ban after ban for no established rhyme or reason. If I were to get banned it's not like I could've done anything about it either way. It's that it's gotten to this point that should be cause for alarm for everyone here, mods in particular.

You're not doing your job. Resign

And what exactly would "doing your job" entail? I believe I recall a certain phrase from YCM's past that comes to mind. Ah yes, it's "YCM is not a democracy". Sure, YCM has recently used elements of a democracy in its function the past few years, but don't mistake that for it becoming one. The Mods hold tremendous power compared to the rest of us, and nor everyone can handle the burden that comes with it.

I'm not sure you, Winter, fully understand that burden. I'm not sure you, Winter, fully understand how things once were in terms of the Mod team. I'm not sure you, Winter, realize the consequences of you calling for the Mods to be fully, I repeat, fully held accountable by its members like they would if YCM were a republic: Mods would be afraid of handing out punishment in fear of pissing off the members and losing their jobs. Whether you like it or not, your vision of YCM cones with consequences. I'm not sure you, Winter, fully understand that.

So please, detail, for everyone here, exactly what a Mod's job should entail.

And what exactly would "doing your job" entail? I believe I recall a certain phrase from YCM's past that comes to mind. Ah yes, it's "YCM is not a democracy". Sure, YCM has recently used elements of a democracy in its function the past few years, but don't mistake that for it becoming one. The Mods hold tremendous power compared to the rest of us, and nor everyone can handle the burden that comes with it.

I'm not sure you, Winter, fully understand that burden. I'm not sure you, Winter, fully understand how things once were in terms of the Mod team. I'm not sure you, Winter, realize the consequences of you calling for the Mods to be fully, I repeat, fully held accountable by its members like they would if YCM were a republic: Mods would be afraid of handing out punishment in fear of pissing off the members and losing their jobs. Whether you like it or not, your vision of YCM cones with consequences. I'm not sure you, Winter, fully understand that.

So please, detail, for everyone here, exactly what a Mod's job should entail.

Doing your job would entail following the rules you agreed to. Would I like free and fair elections and for YCM to be more like a republic? Sure, it'd help us get rid of most of the awful hires that were anointed recently. But that's not what's at stake here. 

They don't get paid, YCM isn't some glorious job. They care about the society (I hope, but doubt as of recent), and they will serve for as long as they have energy to do so. I was unaware, Striker, that my job was to make it easier for mods to ban people? 

Speaking of this logic train, how many people do you remember bashing the mods for Shard's ban? The closest anyone got was me, and that wasn't even a bash. I just noted that there was a 1 year Temp Ban too, that Shard should have gotten. 

When the mods do their job, as they agree to, they've not been trashed. When they wanna be extra judicial fascists, I'm not gonna cry over them.

I get that I'm not popular outside of a close group of friends, but flame literally admitted that the reason he supported my ban was because he was tried? Does that seem right to you? Snatch was overjoyed by my ban, wonder if he appreciates where he is now. Put yourself in the shoes of the people the mod team regularly steps on for no other reason than they can

Well Striker perhaps I can speak to that as I've seen as many incarnations of the mod team here as you have.

The issues between the mods and the memberbase they govern invariably stem from the vagueness of the rules (which was initially by design) and the inconsistency with which they're enforced because there aren't set standards for how they're to be enforced. Without set standards, everything is on a case-by-case basis and everything is arbitrary, which inevitably results in disagreements. 

I have my own ideas for how to amend this and that's to apply specific rules with specific punishments that would look something like this: 

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/358413-suggested-rule-revisions/

With such specifications, members who choose to break the rules can't say they didn't know what was coming to them and mods who levy overzealous punishments can't say they weren't overstepping their bounds. Everything would be written and all punishments would be avoidable by following the rules as they should be. 

YCM doesn't have to be a Democracy, but so long as the mod team and memberbase are on completely different pages there will be allegations of unfairness on both sides.

This is acting like he hasn't spent the last few days flaming literally everyone he interacts with.

This was an appropriate response, that fits previously agreed upon paradigms for punishment.

Making a fuss for the sake of it wastes everyone's time, and discredits you when things actually are done wrong, which absolutely happens often enough that you don't need to be the boy who cried tyrant.

This is acting like he hasn't spent the last few days flaming literally everyone he interacts with.

This was an appropriate response, that fits previously agreed upon paradigms for punishment.

Making a fuss for the sake of it wastes everyone's time, and discredits you when things actually are done wrong, which absolutely happens often enough that you don't need to be the boy who cried tyrant.

And Enguin? They're basing his ban on Enguin's already questionable ban. I'm the person he reportedly flamed.

They way they got to banning him was extraordinarily out of synch with the procedural way of doing it

Look, Snatch was flaming me, he basically referred to me as everything from a homophobe to a self-hating gay

It's not personal, there are rules that need to be followed, and they were not

Just because you were three target of some of his aggression doesn't mean you get to decide how punishment.

Of course not, but by Dad's own admission, he did not cross the 10 WP threshold. So either the punishment was extra judicial, or they bundled it for his behavior over a long period of time. Both are unfair

Nobody get's to "decide" his punishment. That's up to the rules which are already set

In my opinion...

Unless it's something really flagrant, you don't get banned off YCM for one isolated incident. You get banned for a long and consistent pattern of negative behavior.

"Oh did he rub up against the 10 WP threshold?" funk off with that noise. A person consistently within the mods cross-hairs with multiple bans is completely different from someone who just had a rare lapse in judgment and went along with a stupid meme or joke.

And for the record, I think the mods do their job as well as they can with the facts that they are given.

I don't know the situation but the crime is Snatch made some ironic racist jokes? Argue against that instead of "oh, well you're not being consistent!" Only facts will change the situation so if you know something the mods or the general public don't, go ahead and say it.

I literally advocated for a second holocaust, even outside of the status.

Actually, we haven't decided on how long your ban is going to be yet.  But it is you.  5-7 Days is what we're working with.  Someone else will be handling it instead of me this time because I'm planning my party so I won't have the time to do it myself.

I'd like to mention Snatch has lately had multiple instances of flaming/derogatory comments and literally wishing death on several people. I'd say two weeks seems fair at that point.

Especially if he already got the 1 week one, since 2 weeks is the next stage.

Real talk if you're gonna question EVERY ban, Winter, then you'll not get anything done. You'll just come off as a paranoid sheet stirrer, and I wouldn't blame people for thinking that tbh. Enguin's was handled really badly and was extreme. This one not as much.

I don't care if it's linked with Enguin's, because that was only one of the things Snatch did.

I'd like to mention Snatch has lately had multiple instances of flaming/derogatory comments and literally wishing death on several people. I'd say two weeks seems fair at that point.

Especially if he already got the 1 week one, since 2 weeks is the next stage.

Real talk if you're gonna question EVERY ban, Winter, then you'll not get anything done. You'll just come off as a paranoid sheet stirrer, and I wouldn't blame people for thinking that tbh. Enguin's was handled really badly and was extreme. This one not as much.

I don't care if it's linked with Enguin's, because that was only one of the things Snatch did.

My biggest problem with Snatch's ban IS that fact that it was build off Enguin's (which I maintain was wrong)

Dad said Snatch was on track for a ban before the Ames Topic and Holocaust joke. I think the mod teams should not bundle warnings (as they did for me) and give a massive slap like this

But you're porbs right on the rest

Archived