51 replies to this topic

White

White

冬

• Night's Watch
  • 11,779 posts
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Life and Death

I would like to mention that I got no warnings from the "Holocaust" incident and I was protruding enjoyment with it, too.

Probably me then. I said something on the status. I think just "lol" but in the current environment that's likely enough

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• π”»Σ¨πŒ‹πŒ‹π”Έπ“‘$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,412 posts
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

Probably me then. I said something on the status. I think just "lol" but in the current environment that's likely enough

I literally advocated for a second holocaust, even outside of the status.

Catterjune

Catterjune

Amphoteric

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts

In my opinion...

Unless it's something really flagrant, you don't get banned off YCM for one isolated incident. You get banned for a long and consistent pattern of negative behavior.

"Oh did he rub up against the 10 WP threshold?" Fuck off with that noise. A person consistently within the mods cross-hairs with multiple bans is completely different from someone who just had a rare lapse in judgment and went along with a stupid meme or joke.

And for the record, I think the mods do their job as well as they can with the facts that they are given.

I don't know the situation but the crime is Snatch made some ironic racist jokes? Argue against that instead of "oh, well you're not being consistent!" Only facts will change the situation so if you know something the mods or the general public don't, go ahead and say it.

MQRUFj8.jpg

White

White

冬

• Night's Watch
  • 11,779 posts
Literal pictures of mods making and laughing at holocaust jokes didn't change anything. They're just like, I don't spreak for him. Not sure what "fact" would actually sway them.

I'm sorry I hold people to their word Pika. It's a lacking trait here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi I'm Dad

Hi I'm Dad

There will be no prison which can hold our movement down.

• Moderators
  • 13,918 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

I literally advocated for a second holocaust, even outside of the status.

Actually, we haven't decided on how long your ban is going to be yet.  But it is you.  5-7 Days is what we're working with.  Someone else will be handling it instead of me this time because I'm planning my party so I won't have the time to do it myself.

lhRwFoL.jpg

I'm not my ancestors.  Don't get me fucked up.

Catterjune

Catterjune

Amphoteric

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts

Literal pictures of mods making and laughing at holocaust jokes didn't change anything.

What change do you want to see on YCM?

MQRUFj8.jpg

White

White

冬

• Night's Watch
  • 11,779 posts

What change do you want to see on YCM?

I've answered this a number of times, including in this topic. If you're really curious you should go look at the mod thread

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• π”»Σ¨πŒ‹πŒ‹π”Έπ“‘$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,412 posts
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman
Cool shit. No idea, ban me for however you want tbh.

L CowCow

L CowCow

A Wistful Breeze; A Lingering Melody

• S.S. Showdown
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,654 posts
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I'd like to mention Snatch has lately had multiple instances of flaming/derogatory comments and literally wishing death on several people. I'd say two weeks seems fair at that point.

Especially if he already got the 1 week one, since 2 weeks is the next stage.

Real talk if you're gonna question EVERY ban, Winter, then you'll not get anything done. You'll just come off as a paranoid shit stirrer, and I wouldn't blame people for thinking that tbh. Enguin's was handled really badly and was extreme. This one not as much.

I don't care if it's linked with Enguin's, because that was only one of the things Snatch did.

Posted Image

White

White

冬

• Night's Watch
  • 11,779 posts

I'd like to mention Snatch has lately had multiple instances of flaming/derogatory comments and literally wishing death on several people. I'd say two weeks seems fair at that point.

Especially if he already got the 1 week one, since 2 weeks is the next stage.

Real talk if you're gonna question EVERY ban, Winter, then you'll not get anything done. You'll just come off as a paranoid shit stirrer, and I wouldn't blame people for thinking that tbh. Enguin's was handled really badly and was extreme. This one not as much.

I don't care if it's linked with Enguin's, because that was only one of the things Snatch did.

My biggest problem with Snatch's ban IS that fact that it was build off Enguin's (which I maintain was wrong)

Dad said Snatch was on track for a ban before the Ames Topic and Holocaust joke. I think the mod teams should not bundle warnings (as they did for me) and give a massive slap like this

But you're porbs right on the rest

Posted Image

Posted Image

Catterjune

Catterjune

Amphoteric

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts

I've answered this a number of times, including in this topic.

I disagree. You've complained a number of times of what you believe are the problems, but have not actually answered the question of "What change do you want to see on YCM?"

From my understanding, your issue can be summarized as follows:

Mods are inconsistent with their bans and how they dole out punishments. If I misunderstood, kindly correct me.

So what then do you propose as a solution?

MQRUFj8.jpg

White

White

冬

• Night's Watch
  • 11,779 posts

I disagree. You've complained a number of times of what you believe are the problems, but have not actually answered the question of "What change do you want to see on YCM?"

From my understanding, your issue can be summarized as follows:

Mods are inconsistent with their bans and how they dole out punishments. If I misunderstood, kindly correct me.

So what then do you propose as a solution?

It's all in there, are you sure you looked

https://forum.yugioh...-5#entry7056824

Here's one reform

We need regular recall elections every 6 months. 

Mods will run on clear policy proposals for sections they want to moderate over

During the recall election, the incumbent mod is given an up or down vote if they get to remain as mod for the section they want to moderate over

If yes, continue for another 6 months, if not, new elections held

Voting rights should be limited to members who are active in the section.  I have no right to choose who the RP mod is, Cowcow really doesn't have much right to choose the TCG/OCG mod

The only way the "problem is with thy, not me" ideology Zai espouses goes away is if the mods realize they work for us...if your life sucks, that's sad, quit and let someone who can do the job properly take over. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users