Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Venom Support: Starving Venom and Snake Deity! (6/6)

- - - - - reptile dark counter venom starving venom snake deity pendulum fusion support

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova
Was browsing through the card database when I came across the Starving Venom cards. As an old Predaplant player, it had always bothered me that said cards had little to no connection to the GX era cards, so seeing them again, I decided to try and do that. I looked at the boss Fusions' materials, and found that perhaps making some Pendulum support for said old cards might work. Then, expanding into the Starving part of Starving Venom, I decided to try and have a theme of placing Venom Counters to activate effects, i.e. starving to bite stuff. Then, to go back to Vennom, I threw in another theme of destruction, and topped it all off with some Venom Swamp support. 1 Snake Deity card to add to the mix, and then a thematic Fusion card. And now you have these monstrosities. 

Monsters: (4)

Spells: (2)

CnC would be appreciated!

Charlelot

Charlelot

• Members
  • 33 posts
    Last Visit Feb 26 2018 07:12 PM

Hey there,

Really love those new Venom cards. Konami really dropped the ball when it comes to that archetype. I just have a few questions about some of the cards you made.

Viper: That guy is great but the wording of its Pendulum effect could be confusing. Why not simply write ‘’send 1 ‘’Venom’’ Pendulum monster from your Extra Deck to the GY’’?

Fusion: If your intent is to use Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, you should add some clause to your Fusion card to allow Starving Venom Fusion Dragon to be summoned via monsters from the hand or something (right now, he can only be summoned using DARK materials from the field).

Rites: Great card but I think it should be a Continuous Spell. Although I could be mistaking, but, by reading its effect, I believe that might have been the original the intent with this one.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • 5,677 posts
    Last Visit 26 minutes ago
Mamba is a very powerful monster, I have to say. Counter spreading that gives you draw power, destructive search power, and Graveyard revival? Yes please. However . . . I do wonder how you intend to get Mamba in the Graveyard on any consistent basis.

Jesus, Cobra, chill. Easy Counter spreading, and a potential draw, that only requires that you pop a monster? Holy Vennominaga setup, Batman! It's also a battle hand trap that places a Counter and gives you a free monster, so definitely a 3-of. Also, offhand: "among monsters your opponent controls".

Taipan is a confusing card as far as its Monster Effect goes, especially considering the million and one uses of a free Token, but giving you more cheap advantage is nice. Outside of Starving Viper, how are you putting this in the Graveyard?

Viper does a really sweet job of setting up for the others. That's all I have to say about that.

Starving Venom Fusion gives you all of 3 options in the TCG, and 8 in the AGM if I remember correctly, but that's okay because it does everything it needs to. Pretty good!

I'm guessing Rites is supposed to be a Continuous Spell?
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

Viper: That guy is great but the wording of its Pendulum effect could be confusing. Why not simply write ‘’send 1 ‘’Venom’’ Pendulum monster from your Extra Deck to the GY’’?

Fusion: If your intent is to use Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, you should add some clause to your Fusion card to allow Starving Venom Fusion Dragon to be summoned via monsters from the hand or something (right now, he can only be summoned using DARK materials from the field).

Rites: Great card but I think it should be a Continuous Spell. Although I could be mistaking, but, by reading its effect, I believe that might have been the original the intent with this one.

Viper: Unfortunately, there's a Pendulum Xyz Fusion Monster target: Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon. Needed to get around that.

Fusion: There are other Venom Fusion monsters, like Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon. Wanted to be able to grab all of them (couldn't do the Predaplant one, but w/e)

Rites: Yes, meant to be a continuous.

Mamba is a very powerful monster, I have to say. Counter spreading that gives you draw power, destructive search power, and Graveyard revival? Yes please. However . . . I do wonder how you intend to get Mamba in the Graveyard on any consistent basis.

Jesus, Cobra, chill. Easy Counter spreading, and a potential draw, that only requires that you pop a monster? Holy Vennominaga setup, Batman! It's also a battle hand trap that places a Counter and gives you a free monster, so definitely a 3-of. Also, offhand: "among monsters your opponent controls".

Taipan is a confusing card as far as its Monster Effect goes, especially considering the million and one uses of a free Token, but giving you more cheap advantage is nice. Outside of Starving Viper, how are you putting this in the Graveyard?

Viper does a really sweet job of setting up for the others. That's all I have to say about that.

Starving Venom Fusion gives you all of 3 options in the TCG, and 8 in the AGM if I remember correctly, but that's okay because it does everything it needs to. Pretty good!

I'm guessing Rites is supposed to be a Continuous Spell?

I was thinking of Venom Shot and Snake Rain, particularly the latter as it is searchable, for the GY enabling effects. Thanks for the OCG fix!

Thanks in general for the comments! Will update shortly.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • 5,677 posts
    Last Visit 26 minutes ago
Um, Dova? Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon is a Pendulum Fusion, not an Xyz. Requires 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster and 1 "Starving Venom" monster, which made me think that these were trying to turbo out OEVD with Pendulum Dragon as a search card.

Also, I hope you don't mind, but this was added to the AGM, given that it was designed by one member (you) and approved by another (me).
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

Um, Dova? Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon is a Pendulum Fusion, not an Xyz. Requires 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster and 1 "Starving Venom" monster, which made me think that these were trying to turbo out OEVD with Pendulum Dragon as a search card.

Also, I hope you don't mind, but this was added to the AGM, given that it was designed by one member (you) and approved by another (me).

Yes, meant Fusion. I had that in mind, and I thought Odd-Eyes would make a nice tech, as it can search all of these save Taipan.

It's in the AGM now? Great!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

Bump.