Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Written/DPR] Paperplane Archetype

- - - - - #DPR WIND Pendulum Psychic

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Members
  • 104 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 02:26 PM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

Prompt

There are different classes based of actual Paper Airplanes, each one focused on one kind of effect:
Fighter Jets (battling)
Bombers (consistency)
Delta Wings (recovery)
Stealths (various)
Air Fighters (Xyz monsters, removal)
Then there's Papercut Hand, which is basically the creator and the one who makes the Paperplanes.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/VdG7p

Monsters

Extra Deck

Spells and Traps

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,377 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:37 AM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Considering Antelope and Gazelle are both Pendulum monsters each have buffs AND are Pendulum monsters, I think you should lower their ATK by 200 each, just to be safe, especially as they don't have to kill themselves. Consistency provided by the Bombers is helpful, and the fact that Falcon goes the ED means that the lack of OPT on its Tributing is alright. Oh, are there supposed to be no Pendulum Effects on these first two pairs? I mean, it's implied, and it makes sense, but I want to be sure. The rest are fine, perhaps a bit too reliant on the hand, but when we get onto the ED, things start getting interesting. Both Xyzs provide Armades clauses, but really only serve as beaters. They don't add to the consistency, which again ties into the reliance on the hand for quite a few of the MD monsters. Last effect seems to be worded okay on both of them, but this archetype isn't going to be doing much during the MP2. The two Xyz barely have any staying power, and the only saving grace is the Link monsters, but you can't really do much with that either, as you definitely do not want to lose such a vital card in the archetype.

As for the S/T, again, they don't really help during your opponent's turn. I see a lot of support in the form of the Field and even sheet, but not quite the speed and consistency required in OTK.dek. Only a few cards swarm, and most rely on your consistency, and your consistent cards mostly rely on your swarming/monsters on the field, which again, relies on itself. It can lead to plays that are too risky, and in the end you have a archetype that, intentionally, focus on battle, but doesn't have much else to go with. It's functional, and could win a few rogue games, but it's not strong by any means. Also, you're going to be looking at the fact that, although they can be attacked during your opponent's turn, they're not going to unless they're much better in the ATK department, and unfortunately, despite you design some support for that scenario, you only have Furious Throw to actually counter an opponent's ATK, and it's not even searchable. You just need to have a look at what they're going to be doing past turn 1.

As for some flavour notes, love what you've done with making the archetype as a whole. I think you pulled of the concept excellently, and most of the cards are very thematically sound. However, Prototype sticks out like a sore thumb for two reasons: Firstly, which is more subjective, I feel that simply avoiding MR4 is a cop out, especially as it already provides you with 3 Linked Zones. Design around it, not over it. Secondly, I don't think the name Primordial Prototype fits the thematically simple design of the archetype that you had going for it, or even the wild animal theme you had for the MD and the Xyzs. Prototype might even do by itself.

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 104 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 02:26 PM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

Yes, the first two pairs don't have a Pendulum effect because, well, Paper Airplanes are supposed to be simple. The added effect on the other two is just to balance, because you've seen it's completely focused on battling and having low ATK doesn't help.

Fixed the ATK of Jets, and Prototype's name.

Maybe I'll consider adding a Trap, or an Xyz monster, which will help the monsters survive the opponent's turn, because you're right, it does nothing after your End Phase.

It's a DPR Deck, and I don't know yet what will be the consistency/speed of the games, so it's a little underpowered right now.

Just like all Archetypes here, it must be tested before changing effects/parts of the cards.

Thanks for the review!

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users