Future Changes to the TCG Section - Semi-Last Draft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Broke. N

Broke. N

Feel like playing a... game?

• Junior Moderators
  • 16,887 posts

.:Preface: These are not immediate changes, as they are still under refining, but this is the gist of the future of the TCG/OCG section:.

After all the thoughts and opinions I have seen, I see what is desired from this section. As such, the following will be what changes below.

(_|THE ADVANCED CLAUSE|_)

An Advanced Clause will now go into effect in the TCG/OCG Discussion section. Under this newly revamped rule, any post made, be it the starting post or a post in the thread, must provide some form of thoughtful discussion to the topic at hand. Either discussing the merits of the card itself, interesting thoughts on the card that may contribute to lore, or so on, that is fine. You may joke or go on tangents if you wish, BUT, you absolutely MUST actually provide something to the thread aside from humour. If you contribute, you may have fun.

Opening posts must include one full line of thought onto the card in order to justify discussion. Don't just pop it out and expect other people to do the discussing for you.

Posts made in the thread just need to provide insight in some manner, and does not have a minimum limit. And for reference, saying "This card sucks" without explaining why is NOT thoughtful discussion.

And though it aggravates me immensely, I will not apply the AC to the opening posts of leaked cards during large batches of leaks only. Single/small leaks (small leaks are 2 to 5 new cards revealed in a single batch) are not immune to the AC, nor are newly seen cards from the anime. The OP still must provide insight on those cards because it's only a small batch and you can take the time to actually talk about them. A full line is not that hard, especially since small batches tend to be parts of an archetype anyways.

(_|Clickbait Titles|_)
If you wanna add something funny to your thread title, that's fine. But you MUST include the card's actual name in parenthesis so people know what the hell you are on about. There will be no exception to this and I reserve and will exercise the right to change the title of a thread to just the card's name(s) if this rule is not followed.

(_|Mandatory Decklists in TCG/OCG Decks|_)
I know some people aren't keen on this, but hear me out. Many times I have seen deck threads with just a picture of small and blurry cards seen on screencap from one of the PRO programs, and many times I have seen people have to ask what a card is because they don't know it. That isn't on. My feelings stand that if someone has to ask what a card is, then you have ultimately failed to present your deck if all cards can't be recognized. You AREN'T presenting a full deck and thus full understanding of the deck if someone has to ask you what some cards are. It just strikes me as lazy when you just fart out an image and maybe a half-arsed explanation of the deck. At least with a name for a card they don't know people can search it themselves to learn the effect without needing to ask. As such, I'd like any deck that is posted to include a decklist. You may post a pic of the full deck, but you MUST have a decklist so anyone looking at your deck knows what all the cards you are using are, as not everyone can look at a card picture and immediately know what that card is. Hell, sometimes even I don't know what the hell I'm looking at sometimes. And again, that just isn't on if people can't understand all the pieces of a deck.

These changes will occur once I feel they are refined enough to improve the section from its currently dilapidated state, and will most likely come into effect next year. For discussion of these changes, please go here: https://forum.yugioh...cg-ocg-section/

Also, because you people are physically incapable of reading, these rules aren't in effect yet.

Your ad here.

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Junior Moderators
  • 16,887 posts

Addendums have been made, and the future plans have been updated to the 2nd Draft.

Your ad here.

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Junior Moderators
  • 16,887 posts

Graphic changes have been made, moving the changes up to the semi-last draft.

Your ad here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users