Set Rotation

Solemn Warning

Unlimited:

Atlantean Dragoons

Maxx "C"

Dark Hole

Future Fusion

https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&&id=166

History of FTKs (a big focus of this list, from the looks of it), possibly usage in SPYRAL via Destrudo engine, tho idk OCG stats to confirm or deny.

It's there, but seems like a limit to set rotation would be smarter.

Maxx going back to three as it should. But I'm gonna miss AFD. Not sure how one can even errata it.

Pleasantly surprised about Shruitt

Wait.
Is this the ACTUAL banlist?
Because why would Ancient Fairy Dragon suddenly be banned?

Set rotation, give your opponent a field spell that locks (say the Gaia one), then give yourself ravine, send Destrudo, make AFD, etc

It's not the right hit IMO, super sad there's a banned Synchro again

Also funking no stratos or construct :(

Mermail might have gained the most from this list

History of FTKs (a big focus of this list, from the looks of it), possibly usage in SPYRAL via Destrudo engine, tho idk OCG stats to confirm or deny.

Surprising number of decks run scapegoat now, does this change your mind at all?

Pantheism of the Monarchs

tenor.gif?itemid=5914845

> Solemn Strike and Warning at the same Number

Dandy and Maxx are at the right numbers, Ash should get limited

Scape, Lonefire, and Set Rotation all need to head over to 1. 

Limits are all great, AFD did not need a ban. Panth should not move. Shruitt is a welcome surprise

3 Holes scares me

Hearing a lot of grumbling about Grinder Golem Going to 2

Here's why 2 is smarter than 1 (for now)

It's a huge ED investment (5 cards minimum) for significantly less certainty of getting it T1

Utility goes down. If it's put to 1, utility might be negative, and people won't run it, at three utility is very very high. 2 reduces how often GG is stupid, but keeps it stupid enough that people will clog up their ED

I hoped for either OCG or TCG metas to shift towards less hand-trap-ish enviroments and begin hitting stuff like the Ghost Girls, but OCG is actually taking the opposite direction by allowing more Maxx Cs. To me it's like if they were saying "1 first-turn killer boards will continue to be a thing, so you will still need hand traps in max numbers, including this boy Maxx C over here".

I hoped for either OCG or TCG metas to shift towards less hand-trap-ish enviroments and begin hitting stuff like the Ghost Girls, but OCG is actually taking the opposite direction by allowing more Maxx Cs. To me it's like if they were saying "1 first-turn killer boards will continue to be a thing, so you will still need hand traps in max numbers, including this boy Maxx C over here".

It also means people will be less likely to run through a Maxx they're now more likely to have dropped on them T1

Not a fan of Pantheism (and will never be), probably to my eye one of the worst designed draw cards, Firewalll was to be expected again this is what happens when you forget to put a hard OPT on effects. I understand Grinder Golem being semi due ti its reprint but it should ve been limited (if not straigth banned), but with firewall limited le see how that works.

Firewall Dragon's Limit is a very nice surprise and alongside mirroring the TCG Limits of Quik-Fix and Drone makes the list a good one. Hitting Resort as well seems like overkill, but SPYRAL's had its day. Ancient Fairy Dragon seems like another piece of the superban on SPYRALs that does more to hurt ABC's than anything else all other hits considered, and while I'm not unhappy to see its lazy Set Rotation combo gone the implication that AFD is the biggest problem with the game right now is pretty absurd. If its "history of FTKs" was the reason when none are nearly as relevant as Plant FTK, you'd think they'd have hit Amaryllis. 

The Limit on Dandylion and the Semis on Lonefire and Mathematician were presumably to curb Plant FTK, though with Amaryllis untouched it's still likely to be a thing. That's also the only current meta-relevant deck I've been seeing Steam the Cloak in, and they all only ran 1 copy anyway. 

Grinder Golem hit with that needed Semi-Limit. LOL.

I like how they also Semi-Limited Scapegoat, as if to say it and Grinder Golem are precisely the same degree of problematic. Semi-Limits are more or less always stupid though and I think we knew Grinder Golem wouldn't be dealt with, so *shrugs*.

All the unlimits are awesome.

Overall a decent and necessary list that will send a good number of strong OCG players back to the drawing board. 

Firewall Dragon's Limit is a very nice surprise and alongside mirroring the TCG Limits of Quik-Fix and Drone makes the list a good one. Hitting Resort as well seems like overkill, but SPYRAL's had its day. Ancient Fairy Dragon seems like another piece of the superban on SPYRALs that does more to hurt ABC's than anything else all other hits considered, and while I'm not unhappy to see its lazy Set Rotation combo gone the implication that AFD is the biggest problem with the game right now is pretty absurd. If its "history of FTKs" was the reason when none are nearly as relevant as Plant FTK, you'd think they'd have hit Amaryllis. 

The Limit on Dandylion and the Semis on Lonefire and Mathematician were presumably to curb Plant FTK, though with Amaryllis untouched it's still likely to be a thing. That's also the only current meta-relevant deck I've been seeing Steam the Cloak in, and they all only ran 1 copy anyway. 

Grinder Golem hit with that needed Semi-Limit. LOL.

I like how they also Semi-Limited Scapegoat, as if to say it and Grinder Golem are precisely the same degree of problematic. Semi-Limits are more or less always stupid though and I think we knew Grinder Golem wouldn't be dealt with, so *shrugs*.

All the unlimits are awesome.

Overall a decent and necessary list that will send a good number of strong OCG players back to the drawing board. 

Scape is run a fair bit, and will only increase in popularity 

Not happy with AFD either, should have been a set rotation limit

I mean Rotation wasn't the only thing that abused AFD but I do disagree with the ban. Sad to see it go. 

Don't understand why they're pushing Monarchs now, feels strange. I guess they aren't doing sheet so whatever. Nearly full power now.  

Also funking no stratos or construct :(

He's at 2 lol. RIP the Construct errata dream though. At least we can use her in her full glory when she eventually comes back.

I mean Rotation wasn't the only thing that abused AFD but I do disagree with the ban. Sad to see it go. 

Don't understand why they're pushing Monarchs now, feels strange. I guess they aren't doing sheet so whatever. Nearly full power now.  

He's at 2 lol. RIP the Construct errata dream though. At least we can use her in her full glory when she eventually comes back.

Monarch are getting support in FLOD

Should go to 3

AFD will likely get an errata fairly soon

2 Tribe Infecting, 3 Dragooons. Nice bonus for Atlanteans.

Funny, you can Transmodify Linde or Gunde into him

• 2 weeks later...

GG is a HUGE ED investment

Its utility goes down with it's semi-limit

You used to dedicate 6 spots in your ED for a card you have 3 of, would you dedicate 6 for a card you have 2 of?

If the answer is no, you don't run GG

I was (still am actually) one of the people who wants it to be banned, interesting to see a mere semi limit put it in its place (for now at least)

I was (still am actually) one of the people who wants it to be banned, interesting to see a mere semi limit put it in its place (for now at least)

I am too, it's a ridiculous card. Wait till it gets better searchers.

Reasons why it's vanished are:

Ash and Maxx really cripple it, and both are at three

Now that spyrals are gone, the Extra Deck investment actually matters (spyral had overlap with the cards GG used, so it wasn't really "investment")

It'll rear it's ugly head again soon

OCG2018010.jpg

Collected from top 4-8's of decently large sized tournaments 

14 Magician:
8 Supreme King Magician
3 Performapal Supreme King Magician
2 Performapal Magician
1 Mono Magician
9 Zefra
9 Burning Abyss
9 Trickstar:
7 Mono Trickstar
1 Kaiju Trickstar
1 Invoked Trickstar
8 Plant
4 SPYRAL:
2 Mono SPYRAL
1 Grinder SPYRAL
1 Predaplant SPYRAL
3 Invoked ABC
2 Subterror
1 Blue-Eyes
1 Brilliant Venus Kaiju World Chalice
1 D/D
1 Domain Monarch
1 Genex Atlantean Mermail
1 Kaiju Invoked Spellbook Luna
1 Infernoid
1 Shaddoll Invoked Dinosaur

OCG2018010_SupremeKingMagician.jpg

OCG2018010_Zefra.jpg

OCG2018010_BurningAbyss.jpg

OCG2018010_Trickstar.jpg

OCG2018010_Plant.jpg

Plants don't use the FTK often, think of it as an alternate win-con they can sometimes pull off

• 2 weeks later...

012018-forbidden-cards-1.jpg?resize=870%

012018-restricted-to-one-1.jpg?resize=87

012018-Semi-Restricted-Cards-1.jpg?resiz

There's honestly a ton of cards they can pull of the Limit/Semi list and multitude of simple erratas

Substitoad, Performage Plushfire, Makyura the Destructor , Hunter, Disk Commander, Fishborg Blaster, Magical Scientist, Level Eater, Cards of Safe Return, Butterfly Dagger- Elma, Premature Burial, Mass Driver, Royal Opression, and Ultimate offering all need HARD OPT

Barrage, Chain, Time Seal, and Juggler can return as is

Masterpeace, Kirin, Ptolo, and Drancia need to made into spell speed one cards (lose quick effect)

Construct needs to disallow you from ss'ing non-shaddolls the turn you activate it

AFD can't let you activate the card you search the turn you search it, a hard OPT in addition wont hurt

Meta needs to Restrict itself to lv 5 or lower

Norden needs Nt'ss summon conditions

Dragon Rulers need to

1) Banish 3 cards

2) has to only be attributes

3) Restriction that you can only use 1 "Dragon Ruler" effect per turn so you can baby and adult in the same turn

Dark Armed and Cyber Stein can go to 2

Nekroz of Brio can go to 2

Vanity can go to 3

Lone Fire and Grinder should be limited (latter maybe banned till slapped with a hard OPT). Every other monster in the semi section can go to 3

Dig, Reasoning, and Monster gate can hit 3

They did a pretty good job on the limited list though 

Archived