[VJMP] Elemental Hero Solidman

1041672a.jpg?ssl=1

Lvl 4

Earth Monster

1900/1100

Effect:

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: you can add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell card from your Deck to your Hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Polymerization" Spell Card or "Fusion"  Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

The card itself looks interesting art wise but still....

...ITS NOT A WIND HERO MONSTER!!!

OT: Looking at the card since YGO Org hasn't stated its effect it looks more like a offensive type card with likely piercing capability's, weither it has any searching abilitys like the proposed ability in the opening post we will have to wait an see.

Ok, this + Grinder Golem going second is pretty OP because you can do standard Grinder stuff then SS this to make M HERO Dian and have Solidman search whatever OP Fusion spell you like. Then Dian beats over the Grinder and uses its effect to Summon Vyon from the Deck. Pretty good value imo

What are HEROes actually trying to accomplish? Seriously at this point all of them just have consistency effects, and then they have the Mask Change gimmick which is cool but isn't capitalized by the Main Deck monsters. It concerns me that an archetype gimmick or something unique in the playstyle hasn't been brought to the table. For that very reason I like Gem-Knights more, considering it feels like the Deck is everything like HEROes were meant to be. Normal Monster support, Fusion Spells with integral designs, huge comeback potential, even going so far as to combining different sort of Elements (but types rather than Attributes) to create their Fusions.

I do like Rainbow Neos just as a gimmick though.

Yea I doubt that's the legit effect.

Source pls.

https://ygorganization.com/themostsolidofmen/

So with a bit of digging apparently the source of the effect is by Pojo member guessing from all things. Since the card it self doesn't even have its japanese textbox uncovered (a solid Secret Balloon text on it) there a high chances that the effect is fake

At this time, YGOrganization hasn't updated effect either, so all you can do is take a guess at what this card can do, and its statline. Yeah, effect is pretty much fake. 

=====

For personal thoughts, I guess it's nice that HEROs get a more viable EARTH monster to do stuff, because the other two aren't up to the current standards. But without knowing what its actual effects are / stats, we cannot judge if the card will be good or not (even if it claims to push their opening plays).

IDK, I guess you can go make Gaia now if that is a desirable option. I would say Dian as a Masked HERO tech, but again, need to look it over as I haven't touched HEROs in a while.

=====

In terms of this being a spec thread, the new rules pertaining to these things being shifted to the News forum have NOT been made official (it is my understanding that Broken is still working on cleaning stuff up). You need to talk to Broken about this in the sticky thread. 

Now that I think of it looking at this we might be due a new gen versions WATER and WIND HERO in some looking how this will likely get a decent effect and is followed in order of...

DARK: Shadow Mist

FIRE: Blazeman

LIGHT: Honest Neos

EARTH: Solidman

...in addition considering how Yugi and Kaiba have already had legacy archetype support in core booster sets this could hint towards flames of destruction giving us legacy support for E-HERO's.

You could say it is a very SOLID addition to the team :v

What are HEROes actually trying to accomplish? Seriously at this point all of them just have consistency effects, and then they have the Mask Change gimmick which is cool but isn't capitalized by the Main Deck monsters. It concerns me that an archetype gimmick or something unique in the playstyle hasn't been brought to the table. For that very reason I like Gem-Knights more, considering it feels like the Deck is everything like HEROes were meant to be. Normal Monster support, Fusion Spells with integral designs, huge comeback potential, even going so far as to combining different sort of Elements (but types rather than Attributes) to create their Fusions.

I do like Rainbow Neos just as a gimmick though.

As weak and bad as they are nowadays, I still kind of like the older HEROes more, personally. 

The old decks had combos more built towards grinding, at a speed level that just cannot compete anymore.

Allius + Gemini Spark. Wildheart + Torrential and other Trap nukes. Miracle + Shining eventually giving you materials to Poly into Absolute Zero. Beatdown with Skyscraper, or retain advantage with HERO City. Toolboxing a couple anime HERO Fusions into the mix (that guy 10 years ago that won an event with Mariner)(Darkbright + Bladedge was amusing)(Shining Flare best boss)(no, not you Electrum, you are just used in OTK loops).

A HERO Lives was the point were they got something to help them catch-up that turned them into a glass cannon. Then Mask Change outdated most things prior, and it's honestly kind of dull. I guess it can't be helped. I find it a little sad that the OCG hasn't made them shine in a while, because it used to be Japan's most beloved deck, always popping out in some degree since their inception up to around the Masked HERO deck. Jaden is my favorite Yugioh protagonist so I really wanted to see something better than the Extra HERO guy.... xD

You could say it is a very SOLID addition to the team :v

As weak and bad as they are nowadays, I still kind of like the older HEROes more, personally. 

The old decks had combos more built towards grinding, at a speed level that just cannot compete anymore.

Allius + Gemini Spark. Wildheart + Torrential and other Trap nukes. Miracle + Shining eventually giving you materials to Poly into Absolute Zero. Beatdown with Skyscraper, or retain advantage with HERO City. Toolboxing a couple anime HERO Fusions into the mix (that guy 10 years ago that won an event with Mariner)(Darkbright + Bladedge was amusing)(Shining Flare best boss)(no, not you Electrum, you are just used in OTK loops).

A HERO Lives was the point were they got something to help them catch-up that turned them into a glass cannon. Then Mask Change outdated most things prior, and it's honestly kind of dull. I guess it can't be helped. I find it a little sad that the OCG hasn't made them shine in a while, because it used to be Japan's most beloved deck, always popping out in some degree since their inception up to around the Masked HERO deck. Jaden is my favorite Yugioh protagonist so I really wanted to see something better than the Extra HERO guy.... xD

Hopefully depending on the effect Solidman should hopefully support the Fusion Style of HERO's and give them a bit more of a boost to match Masked HEROs (which tend to always rely on Dark Law) and end up as a effect part of the archetype for E-HERO's Fusion Style rather than Masked HERO's.

considering a possibility that a friend of mine suggested this card could possibly provide protection against effect/destruction to HERO's in some way or form which if it does have something like that specially if it banishes from GY it would be a good defence card and could boost the playability of the Shining where it adds 300 ATK onto it and protect it for a turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal for announced cards to take this long to get on with the effect reveal or is it just because of the holidays?

Is this sudden sprout of irrelevant news even allowed? The card better be worth the wait.

Watch this turn out to be a super irrelevant pack filler that makes people feel played for getting into the guess game like it happened with Zany Zebra and who knows what else.

Archived