Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dragon Ball FighterZ

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Fusion

OExQCxx.jpg

Dragon Ball FighterZ is an upcoming Dragon Ball video game developed by Arc System Works and published by Bandai Namco for Playstation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows via Steam. It is scheduled to be released in January 26, 2018 for Japan, North America, and Europe. Confirmed by Bandai Namco, this game will have both a Japanese and English dubbing, with the English dubbing being handled by Funimation.
Confirmed Roster
I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic for this game yet. We got 3 new confirmed fighters bringing the number of playable characters up to 24, not including the bonus DLC characters.

Lot of people have high hopes for this game, and judging by all the gameplay, it looks like it's going to deliver.

3bxRxYn.jpg

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,234 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:26 PM
  • Alias:Mitcher

as long as gotenks is in this one

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,392 posts
    Last Visit 13 minutes ago
  • Alias:Shradow

as long as gotenks is in this one

He's on the roster list, but in case you haven't seen it:

The game looks sick, I like the mechanics and the art style is spot on. Plus, I actually like how the story mode is handled, it's pretty interesting. I was never really one for these kind of fighters but I might just give this one a shot. I really hope Hercule becomes playable at some point.

Break the Rule And Do Image On

Yx32dEY.gif

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Topic Starter
  • Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit

The game looks sick, I like the mechanics and the art style is spot on. Plus, I actually like how the story mode is handled, it's pretty interesting. I was never really one for these kind of fighters but I might just give this one a shot. I really hope Hercule becomes playable at some point.

I hope so too, he's got to be. He'd be like the Dan Hibiki for this game. I think he'll either be the final confirmed fighter right before the game comes out end of January or he'll be in the DLC line-up.

Pretty much agree with you on all fronts, this game just feels polished with lots of attention to detail. I've never been huge on fighting games, but this is one I feel excited to learn and get good at, if I can.

For remaining roster guesses for the DLC, I think Super Buu would fit as a 3rd Majin and a DLC fighter. If they decide to include GT in for DLC, then SS4 Goku and Vegeta, Pan, Baby, Super 17, and Omega Shenron would be shoo-ins. 

Otherwise, I could see the Universe 6 saiyans or Dabura being added. I don't think they'd add Towa or Mira, not sure if they'd make it that far into the canon.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Wizarus

Wizarus

A lot more people hate you than hate me

• Elite Members
  • 1,482 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Mvci is pretty much a flop, so this can potentially fill the void. Will be interesting to see if a Dbz game can finally get a competitive scene.

16c58wl.jpg

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,392 posts

Oh thank god they've confirmed there will be an English dub option.

Yx32dEY.gif

songohan123

songohan123

Fresh Member

• Members
  • 1 posts
    Last Visit Dec 21 2017 04:25 AM

Oh thank god they've confirmed there will be an English dub option.

I think Japan dub option so good.. Like kimochiii 555555

From Dragon Ball comics to Dragon Ball Xenoverse, this brand still attracts many fans. It has been associated with so many childhoods. And on January 26, 2018 is the release day of Dragon Ball FighterZ. Accordingly, DBFZ will be released simultaneously on PC (Steam), PS4 and Xbox One.

thuylien

thuylien

Fresh Member

• Members
  • 3 posts
    Last Visit Dec 21 2017 10:33 PM

If you like the superhero in the Dragon Dragon Game please visit our website to find out more: http://dbfgame.net/d...-fighterz-news/

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Topic Starter
  • Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
I played the beta this weekend

Getting more hyped by the day.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,392 posts

Just from what I've seen from the short trailers, if I get the game the character I want to try the most is Nappa. He's just straight up a big dude and I've always enjoyed those kind of characters in fighting games.

Yx32dEY.gif

Kid Gambino

Kid Gambino

Worshipper of Talos

• Advanced Members
  • 166 posts
    Last Visit Jan 17 2018 02:54 AM
  • Discord:Laz#1517

Pretty hyped for this, already pre-ordered it and everything. Half of the characters released so far I want to play (Beerus, Goku Black, Yamcha, Kid Buu, Teen Gohan, Trunks, Vegeta, Cell, Piccolo, Frieza, Gotenks), the other half I don't care to play at all. Hopefully we get some pretty sweet DLC characters like Uub, Super 17, Kid Goku, Baby Vegeta, Janemba, Broly, Super Buu, Cooler, Yajirobe, Supreme Kai... that's all I can think of right now.

Posted Image

Card Contest Awards

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Topic Starter
  • Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
Final roster character confirmed

Info

I did not expect that. I'm a lot more interested though!

Nappa was fun to play, you can really corner your opponent and overwhelm them if you string the right moves together.

I'm not sure if they'll do GT but I'd welcome fighters from that timeline.

I changed my mind somewhat for my DLC guesses. I'm guessing Broly, Vegito, Hercule, Master Roshi, Super Buu, Caulifla with Kale assists, Bardock, and Dabura.

If they brought in GT, I stand by my guesses from my previous post.

EDIT: I realized the last character reveal may be very spoilery for some people, so I whited out my DLC guesses and making additional disclaimer to not quote this post or open the spoilers if you don't wish to know.

EDIT 2: Maybe Raditz could be DLC too.

If Yamcha's in it and I'm gunning for Hercule and Roshi, why not him too.

EDIT 3: Oh shit wait

Jaco will definitely be a DLC fighter.

Edited by Fusion, 23 January 2018 - 08:58 PM.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,392 posts

I'm very excited to get this game in a few days when it comes out, even if I have very little experience with these sort of 2D fighters. The closest is the handful of hours I played of Skullgirls, but that was some time ago. I never really got into Street Fighter or MvC (at least as a player, but I do enjoy watching the pros), but I can't wait to learn the ropes with this game.

Yx32dEY.gif

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Topic Starter
  • Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit

I'm very excited to get this game in a few days when it comes out, even if I have very little experience with these sort of 2D fighters. The closest is the handful of hours I played of Skullgirls, but that was some time ago. I never really got into Street Fighter or MvC (at least as a player, but I do enjoy watching the pros), but I can't wait to learn the ropes with this game.

Exactly my sentiment. Everyone I've seen who has fighting game experience kept saying it's a good gateway towards fighting games since those circle/button combos are almost universal amongst these games.

Next time I go to a con, I'd like to apply that experience to Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, or whatever other games are hosted there.

Friday night can't come fast enough, gonna be playing this all weekend.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,392 posts

Don't know if anyone follows this guy on Twitch or YouTube but Maxamillion Dood pulled off a sick combo on his stream. Not sure how optimal a 7 bar combo would be in an actual game due to proration, but I'm glad that despite the relatively low entry level, this game doesn't lack complexity: https://clips.twitch...ChinchillaKeepo

Saw this, too, pretty funny how he got so high he reached the map limit and the volleyball wouldn't go any higher: https://twitter.com/...004263544565760

EDIT: And a few more:

https://clips.twitch...ushroomFailFish

https://clips.twitch...edOkapiTebowing

https://clips.twitch...ossumSquadGoals

Also, don't throw out raw supers against Ginyu or Hit (not in general, really, but especially not against those two).

https://youtu.be/Jgkf2dTJUi0

https://twitter.com/...250167702732800

Yx32dEY.gif

vla1ne

vla1ne

The Last (A)utomata

• Elite Members
  • 3,396 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

it drops today. anybody planning to be online tonight with the P4 version?

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-40030345 PM me and I'll add you.

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,392 posts

For the time being I'm just going through the story, gonna practice with that and training and combo challenges and all that before I go up against real people. So far my 3 favorites are Android 16, Nappa, and Tien.

Yx32dEY.gif

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Topic Starter
  • Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit

Just scooped it during lunch, should hopefully be playing this by 6:30.

Gonna do the same and blaze through the story, I can't wait to try out the different characters!

I think I'll start hopping in online after beating the campaign and getting a feel for a few teams I'd run, maybe in a week.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Progenitor

Progenitor

It's a beautiful day...but not as beautiful as me.

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts
    Last Visit Jul 13 2018 05:48 AM
  • Discord:Progenitals#7150
  • Alias:Progenitor

I'm having way too much fun with this game

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members