Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dragon Ball FighterZ

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Topic Starter
  • Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Fusion

Currently labbing with the combos they give you in practice mode, some of these are tough to string together, but it's also giving me a bit of a good idea on who I'm more compatible with.

Still, it's really impressive that everyone in the current roster is fun to use in some way. Glad this broke the 2 million sold threshold too.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Progenitor

Progenitor

It's a beautiful day...but not as beautiful as me.

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts
    Last Visit Jul 13 2018 05:48 AM
  • Discord:Progenitals#7150
  • Alias:Progenitor

The combo trials themselves are pretty sub par as far as combo structure goes (which is kinda disappointing cuz usually arcsys ramps them up to be very difficult and creative by the end.  I hope they eventually add more).  The rabbit hole goes very deep if you're willing to dive that far.

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

vla1ne

vla1ne

Edited for spelling errors.

• Elite Members
  • 3,592 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 12:39 PM
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

The combo trials themselves are pretty sub par as far as combo structure goes (which is kinda disappointing cuz usually arcsys ramps them up to be very difficult and creative by the end.  I hope they eventually add more).  The rabbit hole goes very deep if you're willing to dive that far.

well, DBFZ is a game that's meant to draw in more than just the competitive crowd. considering how unique every character is, and how well they managed to combine casual and competitive elements already, this drop of the ball is pretty acceptable imo.

also, i know i want to use krillin and hit, but i'm having difficulty picking a 3rd main. any suggestions?

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-40030345 PM me and I'll add you.

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,540 posts
    Last Visit 13 minutes ago
  • Alias:Shradow

What positions are you using them in? You need a point, mid, or anchor for the 3rd?

Break the Rule And Do Image On

Yx32dEY.gif

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,592 posts

i want krillin on point, and i'm thinking hit might be my anchor once i get better with him. so mid, if not point, should krillin not work out.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,540 posts

A few mids that I think work well Adult Gohan, Trunks, or Frieza. They've also got good assists, especially Trunks I feel.

If you need a point 18's been really good from what I've seen.

Yx32dEY.gif

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,592 posts

18 has some unique moves with krillin, so they might be the best one to run with. 

i like adult gohan's playstyle, i actually have yet to use trunks. putting frieza and krillin on the same team though... just feels wrong.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

Progenitor

Progenitor

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts
Personally I don’t think Hit makes agood anchor. His BnB relies too much on assists for good damage. Adult Gohan is a much more valid anchor imo. Hit is still a pretty good mid though, so keep him there if you want to play him

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

Progenitor

Progenitor

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts
Big boy got them Skullgirls resets

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,540 posts

After some casual matches against people with 50+ ranked games under their belt and getting my butt kicked I finally matched up against someone with only 2 , and I won the match. There's hope for me yet.

Though I've actually switched out Nappa on my team, I can't really get a handle on him. I've moved 16 to point with Tien still anchor, and I put Hit on mid. After some dabbling in the lab he feels good so far. If there's anything translates over from Smash Bros., it's that I've played the shit out of Ike since Brawl so I love characters with counters.

Yx32dEY.gif

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Topic Starter
  • Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Fusion

Hmm, got any tips? I'm pretty new as far as labbing goes, I've been playing Arcade on repeat with different characters and teams to get a feel for what my main team would be.

I'm jiving well with Adult Gohan, he'll most likely be on my team. 18 feels good too.

A lot of the characters feel great really, but I also seem to be leaning towards Tien, Goku, and Vegeta. I think there may be potential for me using Frieza and Cell too.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Progenitor

Progenitor

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts

It depends on your team's exact structure, meter requirements, what you want out of it, etc.  If you're just looking for BnB, all characters can do 2M > 5M > air combo, where what exactly the air combo entails depends on the character.  Some characters don't like doing 2M > 5M however for various reasons, or maybe would rather prioritize a setup instead of damage.  Assists help extend combos to turn it into what you want.

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

Progenitor

Progenitor

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts

On all levels except physical, I have become Nappa.

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

Progenitor

Progenitor

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts

Challenged myself to get 100% without using a DHC for free damage.  It was a tough puzzle to solve, but I finally just barely cracked it.  The end result is pretty sick if i do say so myself

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,540 posts

Yay.

ldnnrj5edtg01.jpg

Yx32dEY.gif

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,592 posts

Yay.

this is golden news. i own both games, and i'm definitely picking up the DLC season pass if this is what it's going to be bringing with it.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,540 posts

I'm assuming Broly's gonna be a juggernaut, lots of armor kind of character since neither Nappa or Android 16 fills that role. If so, he'll have my favorite type of playstyle.

Yx32dEY.gif

Progenitor

Progenitor

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts

A lot of the team behind Fighter Z worked on a 3DS title known as Extreme Butoden.  They actually borrowed a lot of its mechanics and a few animations.  Broly was in that game so he'll probably play very similar:

Go to 5:04

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,592 posts

A lot of the team behind Fighter Z worked on a 3DS title known as Extreme Butoden.  They actually borrowed a lot of its mechanics and a few animations.  Broly was in that game so he'll probably play very similar:

Go to 5:04

I don't actually like broly all that much, but if his playstyle is that of a heavy character, then i might be finding room for him on my team. been having trouble with krillin

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

Progenitor

Progenitor

• Elite Members
  • 2,277 posts

god why is Nappa just the most beautiful thing.  In a game of basic shit he just does whatever the hell he wants lmao.

Thanks Armz

Rest of My Sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users