Dragon Ball FighterZ

Fusion X. Denver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After some casual matches against people with 50+ ranked games under their belt and getting my butt kicked I finally matched up against someone with only 2 , and I won the match. There's hope for me yet.

Though I've actually switched out Nappa on my team, I can't really get a handle on him. I've moved 16 to point with Tien still anchor, and I put Hit on mid. After some dabbling in the lab he feels good so far. If there's anything translates over from Smash Bros., it's that I've played the sheet out of Ike since Brawl so I love characters with counters.

The combo trials themselves are pretty sub par as far as combo structure goes (which is kinda disappointing cuz usually arcsys ramps them up to be very difficult and creative by the end.  I hope they eventually add more).  The rabbit hole goes very deep if you're willing to dive that far.

Hmm, got any tips? I'm pretty new as far as labbing goes, I've been playing Arcade on repeat with different characters and teams to get a feel for what my main team would be.

I'm jiving well with Adult Gohan, he'll most likely be on my team. 18 feels good too.

A lot of the characters feel great really, but I also seem to be leaning towards Tien, Goku, and Vegeta. I think there may be potential for me using Frieza and Cell too.

It depends on your team's exact structure, meter requirements, what you want out of it, etc.  If you're just looking for BnB, all characters can do 2M > 5M > air combo, where what exactly the air combo entails depends on the character.  Some characters don't like doing 2M > 5M however for various reasons, or maybe would rather prioritize a setup instead of damage.  Assists help extend combos to turn it into what you want.

A lot of the team behind Fighter Z worked on a 3DS title known as Extreme Butoden.  They actually borrowed a lot of its mechanics and a few animations.  Broly was in that game so he'll probably play very similar:

Go to 5:04

I don't actually like broly all that much, but if his playstyle is that of a heavy character, then i might be finding room for him on my team. been having trouble with krillin

I'm cool with Broly and Bardock, I think most people expected them to join.

That's interesting how the Butoden movesets translated over.

I'm wondering if the DLC leak was true:

[spoiler=If so]

I'd rather not get base form Goku and Vegeta and get two wholly unique characters. Though I can see the appeal if they're the saiyan saga versions of themselves, Goku could use Kaio-Ken and Spirit Bomb that way.

17 being a character is...I mean fine, but I would've had it so you could swap between 17 and 18 as who's the lead and who supports.

Minor complaints at the end of the day.

As a team update, Kid Gohan seems to be my best character. He's turned entire matches around for me before when the other opponent was better than me or had the upper hand.

I'm using Kid Buu and the Gohans as my team right now. Not sure how much synergy there is, but I'm getting better with them individually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So am I. I don't think I'll be any good at Broly since I tend to suck with larger characters like 16, but both should be lots of fun regardless.

That'd be cool to get another duo of DLC characters every few weeks or so. That should space things out enough to give players enough time to mess around with the new releases and to keep generating excitement for the game.

It's actually interesting that Bardock looks way better than Broly at first glance. He's fast with awesome normals and the combo potential from how his specials work is insane. Meanwhile, Broly ironically doesn't deal much damage and can't combo well off all of his command grabs like 16 can. Hopefully his armor and other tools will allow him to plow through stuff enough to make it work, because his kit's still cool as well. Hopefully he won't have too hard a time in neutral. It's hard to say for sure, though, since all the early footage we have doesn't mean someone's found the best way to play these characters yet.

Also in case anyone was wondering, no, Vegeta's assist was not nerfed. I keep hearing that misinformation going around, but his assist is still the same in the new build all the people with early access were playing.

• 2 weeks later...

So the game's been out awhile, what's everyone's team(s) looking like? Bardock and Broly are both powerful new additions to the roster, but I've actually found myself having a lot of fun with Teen Gohan/Hit/Tien as my team. I haven't done a ton of Ranked yet (I was doing Casual but it actually has worse matchmaking than Ranked for fighting people around my skill level), but so far I'm 9W/7L which is better than I expected.

Also the Mr. Satan lobby character is the best one, super glad I got him early on. I unlocked a ton more stuff with the 300k Zeni we got to celebrate the release of Broly and Bardock, but I'm not replacing him. Though it did help me unlock SSB Goku since he was the last guy I hadn't gotten yet.

So the game's been out awhile, what's everyone's team(s) looking like?

currently sitting with Hit/Teen gohan/ and switching between between android 21 and beerus.

i want to love krillin, but his combo game and overall damage and assists are just... lackluster at best. still hoping i'll find some better ways to use him, but as it stands, he's sitting in the lab..

Archived