[Interest Check] Blue Meteor Knight Tracer Synvine

BANZAI!!!!

fGgMTBl.png

~Logo By Yui~

~Story & Setting Support: Ketodama, Yui, Mako, VCR_CAT, Winter Kirby~

[spoiler=Teaser]

A blue light, a shooting star.

The path of the warrior is long, and full of sorrow. But in walking this road, we give others hope for a brighter future.

Soundtrack

Twenty years ago, the Knights of Eos, the guardians of the Aleph galaxy, the Espers taught to wield its sacred mana, and the pilots of the formidable Knight Tracer mecha, were all but annihilated.  Vanquished in a great last stand, they fell to the innumerable forces of the Interstellar Nations Co-prosperity Alliance, who used Knight Tracers of their own, created with the assistance of traitor knight Hedoth Kel, against them. With the fall of the Knights, all that stood in the way of INCA and galactic conquest was the stagnant, divided United Systems Coalition.  Soon enough, INCA went on the offensive, using their Knight Tracers to devastating effect and pushing deeper and deeper into Coalition space. They conquered world after world, cutting a swathe of destruction through the heart of the Aleph galaxy. 

In the twenty years since the outbreak of this war, the USC has lost nearly a third of its territory. Its fleets are battered; hopelessly outclassed by INCA's numerically and technologically superior military.  However, the tide is beginning to turn. The Kal'Dar, a previously neutral species, have allied themselves with the Coalition, and have brought with them the missing pieces of the puzzle necessary for the USC to finish the development of their own Knight Tracers. Even so, a new and insidious force has emerged from within INCA: The Exousia. A dark reflection of the noble Knights of Eos, the cybernetic Exousia are every bit as fearsome in battle and adept at wielding mana as their forbears, and carry out the will of the Dominus, their enigmatic leader and the current chairman of INCA, without question.

After months of searching, INCA has discovered the secret testing ground of the Coalition's first Knight Tracers: the idyllic, temperate frontier world of Vedria. Wasting no time, INCA has sent an invasion fleet, led by the Exousia and Hedoth Kel himself, to subjugate the planet and capture or destroy the USC's Knight Tracer prototypes. Protected only by a meager force and its own militia, Vedria stands little chance against the impending assault, and so the USC has begun preparing to evacuate the planet. Amidst the haste and confusion of the evacuation, an INCA advance force has snuck in undetected, and aims to preemptively wipe out the USC test facility before the prototype KTs, their pilots, and the new warship designed to carry them, can leave the system. However, no one on either side is aware that something else has been hidden on Vedria: Synvine, the final Knight Tracer ever forged by the Knights of Eos. Having never seen its fated pilot, Synvine has been buried for twenty long years, watched over by Knight Sigmund Cage in the hope that someday it may still make a difference. With the invasion looming, that day may have at last arrived.

Well, here it is. The next big thing from the mind of Zai. Got us a big fancy logo for the occasion too.

Anyone who's hung around with me enough during the past few years already knows this, but for those who don't, giant robots and the anime featuring them are some of my most favorite things in the world. Some might even call me obsessed with mecha anime, and honestly I don't think I'd disagree with them. Naturally, this means I've also tried running several mecha anime roleplays on YCM, with varying degrees of success, and now here I am doing it again. However, things are going to be a little different this time.

Blue Meteor Knight Tracer Synvine is going to be bigger and grander than anything I've attempted before, both in terms of worldbuilding as well as genre writing. While my previous works were war dramas or action/adventure fare, Synvine will be an 80's space opera writ large, taking inspiration from many sources, including 80's mecha anime like SPT Layzner, Macross, and Gundam, as well as more contemporary works such as Star wars and Star trek, and even a few medieval fantasy tropes for good measure.

So if a big, fleshed out universe full of giant robots, catgirls, evil cyborgs, and space magic sounds like your cup of tea, then I welcome you. I'm running a discord server for all of those interested while I get the particulars fleshed out, so if you'd like to join it, just ask and I'll be glad to send you a link. I'll be adding more information to this thread as its completed, and hopefully it will be a full OOC in a week or so. Until then, be on the lookout for the Synvine's prologue fic, which will introduce some of the cast (read: characters I myself will be playing) and set up the first part of the RP proper.

I would like to make note note of my HUGE interest in this RP. I knda want to play as a catgirl, but Yui may have beaten me to that lol. Also, side note, this reminds me of Voltron: Defenders of the Universe. Was that intentional?

That implies we can only have one catgirl. Part of me was actually afraid I'd be the only one interested in playing them (which makes sense since I kinda made them and their homeworld).

That implies we can only have one catgirl. Part of me was actually afraid I'd be the only one interested in playing them (which makes sense since I kinda made them and their homeworld).

Are you kidding? Catgirls, or Nekomatas in true anime slang, are the best!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Instead of leaving this high and dry, thought I'd give everyone interested an update. Sadly though, its not the best of news.

Getting the world built to the quality I want for Synvine has taken me much, much longer than I anticipated, and Its still not close to finished. Combined with my schedule being more full as of late, this means that the RP is going to take quite awhile to get off the ground. I'm not canceling the project, but its likely that you won't see an OOC for Synvine until May, at the earliest.

My apologies to everyone who has/had expressed interest in this, since I know putting the RP out there and then delaying it is pretty shitty, but I want this project to be as polished as possible, and I need a lot of time to be able to do that.

Instead of leaving this high and dry, thought I'd give everyone interested an update. Sadly though, its not the best of news.

Getting the world built to the quality I want for Synvine has taken me much, much longer than I anticipated, and Its still not close to finished. Combined with my schedule being more full as of late, this means that the RP is going to take quite awhile to get off the ground. I'm not canceling the project, but its likely that you won't see an OOC for Synvine until May, at the earliest.

My apologies to everyone who has/had expressed interest in this, since I know putting the RP out there and then delaying it is pretty shitty, but I want this project to be as polished as possible, and I need a lot of time to be able to do that.

I completely understand. My pokemon RP was like that. It was nowhere near ready, but I found that out after I had put it out there. Then, next thing I knew, my RP had died off before it had started. May you say? I can wait. This should be as polished as possible in order to work, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Archived