name pls

Dova

On a related note, can someone think up a new name for me? (irl) 

Grey could work (We need an actual user named Grey to counter balance Black and White). Or, you could try doing something else, something quirky.

If you meant for your real name, might I ask why you want a name change? Regardless, I've always liked these names:

Chance

Indigo

Sylar

Aurelio

Gryffin

Voltair

Idk why, but I like those names a lot. They are all male, but Idk if you are male or female, so I'll also give you my female names I really like.

Evelyn

Felis

Novalie

Flannery

Fenella

Jazelle

EDIT: Why do I have a list of names on hand and at the ready?

Wow. One might think that making the baby and undergoing the rigours of childbirth would earn her the creative liberty to name her child, but "nope".

She isn't the one who would be teased through school after naming a white boy "Leshaya". By all means the choice was hers, but wrong choices absolutely exist.

Wow. One might think that making the baby and undergoing the rigours of childbirth would earn her the creative liberty to name her child, but "nope". 

Giving birth to a child doesn't mean you "own" them. :P

Elementary-Middle school kids are savages

Annnnyway

Cat: I agree with Gingerbread

Speedroid: If you actually want help then I could but I'd need more details about you to do so.

She isn't the one who would be teased through school after naming a white boy "Leshaya". By all means the choice was hers, but wrong choices absolutely exist.

Giving birth to a child doesn't mean you "own" them. :P

Elementary-Middle school kids are savages

The notion that schoolyard antagonists should play a more significant role in how a child is to be named than the mother is very and truly funked. My name's Dylan and I was still circlebeaten throughout my childhood for being a baka, hospitalized and on crutches for it once. Should the people who beat me dictate how I live my life? Absolutely not. If anything I pity them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to change who I am to better placate their ignorance. Letting prejudice dictate what we can and can't do reinforces it, and I know that's not what you guys believe in.

I think Leshaya is a great name for a white boy (frankly I'd prefer it to Dylan) and don't see why the boy being white (or being a boy for that matter) should bear any consideration in what he can and can't be named.

wtf you guys woke him up

shhh

closed-eyes amber dragon or mr whiskers the third it is then

But seriously, thanks for the suggestions! I think Gingerbread sounds a bit too samey, but it is a shared cat, so we'll see :3

The notion that schoolyard antagonists should play a more significant role in how a child is to be named than the mother is very and truly funked. My name's Dylan and I was still circlebeaten throughout my childhood for being a baka, hospitalized and on crutches for it once. Should the people who beat me dictate how I live my life? Absolutely not. If anything I pity them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to change who I am to better placate their ignorance. Letting prejudice dictate what we can and can't do reinforces it, and I know that's not what you guys believe in.

I think Leshaya is a great name for a white boy (frankly I'd prefer it to Dylan) and don't see why the boy being white (or being a boy for that matter) should bear any consideration in what he can and can't be named.

If you can spare a child torment just by not picking certain names I feel that is a good thing. As you pointed out there will always be something people pick on a kid for so why add to it?

Not to mention that it could lead to bitterness at the parent. As much as I'd love to be able to teach not being bothered by pettiness and such it's absolutely true that a kid could become angry at the parent who named them something they're being teased for.

Plus in the world of today a name change isn't as difficult so honestly giving a kid a name that is more "safe" until they can decide for themselves seems reasonable.

As you pointed out there will always be something people pick on

This is not a point I made, nor is it one that I believe in. I'm not of the opinion that children leveraging whatever they can to demean each other is or should be inevitable, and in occasions where this occurs it is the people doing the demeaning rather than the demeaned who are accountable. 

so why add to it?

That's not a question to be answered by a parent who wants to name their child something different, it's a question to be answered by those who actually contribute to prejudicial discrimination. 

This is not a point I made, nor is it one that I believe in. I'm not of the opinion that children leveraging whatever they can to demean each other is or should be inevitable, and in occasions where this occurs it is the people doing the demeaning rather than the demeaned who are accountable. 

That's not a question to be answered by a parent who wants to name their child something different, it's a question to be answered by those who actually contribute to prejudicial discrimination. 

It shouldn't be. But it is. And to the child it doesn't matter who is "accountable". They're still being demeaned unfairly. You can rally for fairness and fight against oppression all you want but the moment you force that onto a child who cannot choose that is wrong.

If the child wants to be called something different, and it's their choice, more power to them. But I will never force anything onto a kid who has no say.

You've yet to give a reason for a parent naming a child something "different" except that you think a parent should just not care about what others think on behalf of their child.

It shouldn't be. But it is. 

That's defeatist. 

It shouldn't be. But it is. And to the child it doesn't matter who is "accountable". They're still being demeaned unfairly. You can rally for fairness and fight against oppression all you want but the moment you force that onto a child who cannot choose that is wrong.

If the child wants to be called something different, and it's their choice, more power to them. But I will never force anything onto a kid who has no say.

You've yet to give a reason for a parent naming a child something "different" except that you think a parent should just not care about what others think on behalf of their child.

What does naming a child Lashaya force upon a child that naming them John doesn't and why is that necessarily wrong? What if every kid were named Lashaya? What if every kid were named Lashaya except for one being named John? The one John shouldn't be expected to suffer for having a different name either.

Man if y'all don't stop with this petty sheet fo you wake the cat up again.  Smh.  No funking consideration.

I don't think this is petty sheet, sorry you do. Whether it is or isn't, we're in Misc anyway. 

the soft boi is sad pls

What is the soft boi sad about?

Archived