name pls

Dova

Because everyone ISN'T named Lashaya. Again, I'm not going to use a child who has no say to cause some "movement" or make a "statement". Let them choose if they want that with their own life when they can make that decision.

And yes, they shouldn't be expected to suffer. That's wrong. I'm not saying that people shouldn't raise their kids to not bully others. We're going in circles for no reason here now because that's not what I've been saying.

But anyway, that's all I have to say. Because...

xJa0Xbh.jpg?1

Because everyone ISN'T named Lashaya. Again, I'm not going to use a child who has no say to cause some "movement" or make a "statement". Let them choose if they want that with their own life when they can make that decision.

There was no mention of it being to start a movement or make a statement, the parent in question just wants to name their child Lashaya. They should have every right to do so without having to fear consequences to their child's wellbeing. To sanction a parent for doing so out of perceived tone-deafness for nominal prejudice is a concession to prejudicial attitudes when it is prejudice that is the problem, not people who live outside it, knowingly or not. 

Those who mandate normalcy because they think it's safe are the biggest reason it's unsafe to be different. 

Archived