Photon Advancer

Advancer.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

PP20-JP011 フォトン・アドバンサー Photon Advancer
Level 4 LIGHT Warrior Effect Monster
1000/1000
You can only Special Summon a monster(s) once per turn via the way writ in the (1)st effect with this card’s name.
(1) If a “Photon” monster is on the field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
(2) While another “Photon” monster is on the field, this card gains 1000 ATK.

Uh, with the latest release of Links for assorted archetypes, I was hoping this would be a Link for Photons as well but... nope. Anyway, combos with Thrasher, yeah. Cannot think on anything else to add besides standard stuff like searchable by ROTA and also Sangan since unlike Thrasher this has a ow ATK, and whatnot.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Uh, with the latest release of Links for assorted archetypes, I was hoping this would be a Link for Photons as well but... nope. Anyway, combos with Thrasher, yeah. Cannot think on anything else to add besides standard stuff like searchable by ROTA and also Sangan since unlike Thrasher this has a ow ATK, and whatnot.

Well it is a bit strange they would pay any regard to Photon since it is the oldest of the 3 archetypes that Kite uses (others being Galaxy and Cipher, granted Cipher being the newest sucks compared to the other 2 for some reason)... It makes me wonder if they will make a "Photon" Link of some sort with a weird Summoning condition of using a few LIGHT monsters with 2000 or more ATK.

Also got me thinking: with this can't Photon also use Accellight effectively which they couldn't do before?

you know if they are going to start releasing manga cards why don't they do the same for anime ones >.>

Because 90% of anime cards are terrible and the other 10% is broken?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, this is just underwhelming. I might just be saying this because I've never played with/against a photon deck, and sure, it can make rank 4 plays, but isn't there thousands of other ways to do that? Is there something I'm missing here? Sure it's okay, but just okay.

Let's be real here. It should've included Galaxy in its Summoning condition and it should've had the option of doubling its Level. Anyone wanting to use Galaxy-Eyes is just using the Galaxy archetype with maybe Photon Thrasher. Even then it's still a whatever card that no one's really going to use.

Let's be real here. It should've included Galaxy in its Summoning condition and it should've had the option of doubling its Level. Anyone wanting to use Galaxy-Eyes is just using the Galaxy archetype with maybe Photon Thrasher. Even then it's still a whatever card that no one's really going to use.

but this is better than any photon not named thrasher 

it's a really good card, it's just for a really bad deck. It doesn't need any of that, though Galaxy couldn't hurt, because it's still a free Lv. 4 LIGHT Warrior body. That's also 2000 for CHARACTER DECK memes.

Because 90% of anime cards are terrible and the other 10% is broken?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, this is just underwhelming. I might just be saying this because I've never played with/against a photon deck, and sure, it can make rank 4 plays, but isn't there thousands of other ways to do that? Is there something I'm missing here? Sure it's okay, but just okay.

exactly thats why they should release them

Archived