New Types of Cards

Persephone Diggen1

Question

11 answers to this question

this kind of people need to find people who have enough time to take care of it, cause if the creator cant do it him/herself, he/r need to find one, if he/r doesnt have enough time to do it, he should find someone for it, this site need a crew with some people who know to do those stuff, incase one of them cant do it in some reasons, other people will do it instead of him/her.

whatever will happen, all the problems will be fix someday quick as possible, no matter who will do it and how, i dont know how many people who talked about it who care about it, but for me its important that the website will fix the problems and uptade the website oncr in awhile.

whenever the new cards will make, whenever it will be, would you do also the action spell/trap cards like in thw yu gi oh arc v series? i wonder how it would be made, cause they a little different than the regular cards, or at least at the back of the cards

The cardmaker functions on the actual game, so...adding Action Spell/Traps are sort of out of the question at the moment. You can make them since it only deals with the front of the card. It doesn't do the backs. 

But that being said, get the essentials dealt with first, THEN we can add the other stuff. 

Sorry dude. This site is dead. The card maker will NEVER be fixed unless they get someone else to do it...

In your case, just use TCGEditor or something. 

Yes, I know you have misgivings about it, but right now, you technically don't have a choice. 

im a girl, why there isnt even one who will do it? that's the reason the website is here in a first place? i have a feeling that im the only one who cares about the website and all that

Problem is that YCMaker apparently doesn't care except for his advertising (or is way too busy with his coding work to come here; idk what he does); the coding is currently locked off so even if I wanted to let someone interested do it, that code cannot be added until the Look/Feel stops requiring password.

You're not the only one who cares, but there's nothing that members can do about it right now in terms of fixing the cardmaker. Seriously, we've been getting on YCMaker's ass to fix things since last year when the major issues came up (along with other site problems), but you figure how that turned out.

Like I noted before, some of us are working on a new version of the cardmaker offsite, but issue is whether or not it'll work with the new functions and if it can ever be added to the coding. 

=====

But in all seriousness, you guys need to read the sticky in this section about the cardmaker. We know it's busted and we'd like it fixed as much as you do, but we can't get to the coding at the moment for who knows why. 

It'd be nice if YCMaker cared to fix the site in general, because again, the cardmaker is locked in that section of the ACP that also governs other functions that we'd like to fix.

Then again, topic already strayed from the original question (though it's related):

Once the cardmaker gets fixed, then we can look into adding the other stuff (though IDK if it will, because the cardmaker is patterned on the actual game).

From what we're seeing, it has something to do with the pics being saved with member accounts. Guests don't have this problem because it's just a temporary file or something. 

You can still make cards with pics, but might have to do it offline (with pics anyway). It sucks right now, but not much we can do to fix that problem.

====

Get this fixed, then the other name problems with the cards and then Pendulum/Link. 

I don't know if I've said this to only a select few members (including you directly) or everyone in general, but here goes.

The cardmaker function is generally accessible only by the admin / site owner; which is, of course, YCMaker, who is pretty much inactive / dead by site standards. Super Moderators do have access to the coding, but that is currently locked for unknown reasons along with other stuff. We do not know where in the Admin CP the image areas for the cardmaker are governed; least with it saved to member's accounts, nor any possible reason for it breaking. Is it due to some bug or too many "lurker" members save their stuff and the capacity is shut down?

(In short form, the cardmaker code is locked inside the Look & Feel Modules that also govern the logo editing. So guys, if we can't add the lights, then we can't fix cardmaker either.)

We'd all like YCMaker to be more active and fix this site's main draw, but until he gets here, there isn't much that the mods can do about it. 

This is also why some members are working on a new version of the cardmaker, but how it'll work here remains to be seen in terms of internal functions that need to be dealt with. There is no guarantee that it'll be done, nor will it work, but it's something instead of complaining about dead admin not being here.

====

We'd all like the cardmaker fixed, but right now, it's impossible to access the coding and actually fix the issues because they're either somewhere that cannot be accessed without site owner rights, or the code itself is just locked out. 

im not complaning, i just want that someone (the one you mention) will return to the website and do something to fix it, cant someone ask him/her the permission to do it instead the admin or whatever it is? i just wondering why making a website if the one who creating it doesnt do any updates? if i could say it to him/her, i would say to him/her that it disappointing.

YCMaker does have a job as a web designer if I remember correctly, so that likely takes up more time than he'd like and can't come. I will not speak for why YCMaker doesn't show up more often.

Super Mods do have the ability to grant people access to the ACP, but unless that person can be trusted to actually touch the coding without breaking it or getting their hands on the other stuff they shouldn't, yeah. And even then, they'd likely be locked out like I am (in this context, I cannot access the Look/Feel; neither can Flame or Night, and I did bring this up with them, despite having access to the cardmaker code). 

Archived