Replacing Card Text + "Archetype" [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Ok, so I was writing a yugioh story, and this idea just happened to hit me for a character and she used a deck that.. well, had the ability to change the card text on each other.  It might not make sense, but I might as well toss up a few card ideas that I'd had and it should be pretty self explanatory.

[spoiler=KaleidoScope Monsters]

KaleidoScope Assaulter Hornet

FIRE ****

Insect/Effect

If you control no Spell/Trap cards: increase this card's ATK by 500.  Once per turn: you can discard 1 card and target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy that target.

1400/200

KaleidoScope Recruiter Ladybug

FIRE *

Insect/Effect

If you control no Spell/Trap cards: you can send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard.  If an Insect monster is sent to the Graeyard by this effect, you can Special Summon 1 "KaleidoScope" monster from your hand or Graveyard.  You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.  If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: you can add 1 "KaleidoScope" card from your Deck to your hand.

0/200

Fairly clear how these work.  Simple monsters: one beatstick and one searcher, both with an obvious disdain for Spell and Traps.  However with a simple text replacement card...

[spoiler=Text replacement card]

KaleidoScope Field/Continuous Spell (Never came up with a name for this)

Field/Continuous Spell

Replace "If you control no Spell/Trap cards" in the card text of all "KaleidoScope" monsters you control with "For each Spell/Trap you control". (+ whatever other effects)

...and the cards' whole dynamic shifts entirely. Hornet suddenly gains a "Mage Power"-type boost for each Spell/Trap you control while Ladybug can possibly mill more cards than any Lightsworn monster (up to 6 with all Spell/Trap Zones filled + field spell)

I know that there are cards that can change other cards' effects, but not in this kind of way.  Since there isn't any kind of precedent to this, I'm not fully sure if this text would be considered accurate in any sense.  If anyone would be willing to help brush up on that, that'd be awesome.  Since this is a character deck, I am liable to keep making cards for this archetype in particular, but I did want to share this as an idea for others to play with if they wanted to.

Thanks for checking these out and, as always, any CnC would be much appreciated!  Cheers!

I feel the idea is interesting, as it is not granting effects to a monster, but modifying what they already have. However, I would warn that you are VERY careful with changes you make, as you are not only changing the effect, but how it is read. You cannot, for example, add any other references to "If you control no Spell/Trap Cards" without them being changed with this effect. Not only that, but "If you control no Spell/Trap Cards" is a part of activation conditions, whereas its replacement in the Spell seems to be a...part of the effect? I guess. Also, your colon placement seems to apply that the effect activates for the "No Spell/Trap Card" portion on both Ladybug and Assaulter, and yet they have no form of HOPT on said effects. On Assaulter, it would make sense for it to have a colon, to make it an inherent effect that doesn't activate, but Ladybug doesn't have that excuse.

I have seen this idea before, but I do like your implementation. I would just suggest that you really be sure on the card text you are changing, and how it changes.

Archived