Rayquaza (Double Bite Dragon)

I don't think the up-down are gonna be an issue.

Decode Talker's up marker has to be relevant for his effect to be live. 

Akashic Magician benefits from using the up marker and then laddering into something else.

This card however, can be a spam combo's afterthought to free up zones and fall in the Main Monster Zone. It is a boss monster anyways so it should be alright.

The x300 boost is alright at 2 Link 1s, but it really doesn't add up all that greatly. It wouldn't be uncommon to end up with a total of 5 ratings more or less, for a respectable 3k.

It sounds really fun, all in all, and I want to use it somewhere, but realistically it is a lesser Beelze so it's not like it is gonna revolutionize the game.

I don't think the up-down are gonna be an issue.

Decode Talker's up marker has to be relevant for his effect to be live. 

Akashic Magician benefits from using the up marker and then laddering into something else.

This card however, can be a spam combo's afterthought to free up zones and fall in the Main Monster Zone. It is a boss monster anyways so it should be alright.

The x300 boost is alright at 2 Link 1s, but it really doesn't add up all that greatly. It wouldn't be uncommon to end up with a total of 5 ratings more or less, for a respectable 3k.

It sounds really fun, all in all, and I want to use it somewhere, but realistically it is a lesser Beelze so it's not like it is gonna revolutionize the game.

The up arrow matters BECAUSE of Akashic and Security Dragon. It makes this far easier to out. Both exist before it was even made.

Nevermind that it is affected by what is, by nature of design, a central mechanic to the game itself.

if you can make this effectively, you can probably make Torusbaena under opposing EMZ instead.

The up arrow matters BECAUSE of Akashic and Security Dragon. It makes this far easier to out. Both exist before it was even made.

Nevermind that it is affected by what is, by nature of design, a central mechanic to the game itself.

if you can make this effectively, you can probably make Torusbaena under opposing EMZ instead.

What I meant to say there is that you can allow this card to get dropped at a place where its pointers might as well not exist, at the end of whatever combo of Link spam that might take place. That it is not like Decode or Akashic, which want their pointers to point to something in order to function. You could aim to drop it where opponent's cards cannot point to it.

Of course that in front of the opponent's Extra Monster Zone, or on your very Extra Monster Zone, it shouldn't be dropped when possible, independently from the potential argument that Akashic is gonna be a little too busy bouncing Grinder Golems to want to go after this card much of the time.

Though independently from how it could stay out of the way of pointers, it can also be outed by S/T or by battle against a very popular mechanic regardless of where it is, it takes 2 Link 4 materials to out a maxed out Decode, but then it can also lose to ATK modifiers (like Honest Neos on Xtra HERO, just to call an example), so I don't mean to sound like I think the card is the best thing ever. It just has a lot of "cool" points from me, and I'd like to use it somewhere knowing it has that many factors to consider xD

Yes, shares the same problem as Steelswarm Origin. Security Dragon is one of the most generic, easiest-to-make Extra Deck monsters in the game's history.

Self-protection in general just isn't the best thing for a Link-2 to do either, better that it protect something else as part of a board or do something while being laddered up. 

I'm not really that much of a fan of the whole idea of "oh yeah this can only be summoned by eating 2 links" when all you get from it is just a vanilla 2400-2700 beatstick with shitty pointers.

This isn't Xyz. You can go for a far more useful link 3 or link 4 over this. Probably gonna be an issue haunting future monsters made from 2 or more link monsters if this is any indication of their mindset.

I'm not really that much of a fan of the whole idea of "oh yeah this can only be summoned by eating 2 links" when all you get from it is just a vanilla 2400-2700 beatstick with shitty pointers.

This isn't Xyz. You can go for a far more useful link 3 or link 4 over this. Probably gonna be an issue haunting future monsters made from 2 or more link monsters if this is any indication of their mindset.

Well it isn't generic, it has an effect that protects it from battle and monster effects, that's something other Links don't have. The best use for it is with Link-1s since they are the ones with the lowest ATK, where this can gain respectable ATK and protection over those cards, when you don't have other Link-2 options at the moment. While I can agree that this isn't a groundbreaking card, it has small uses in the right places.

Well it isn't generic, it has an effect that protects it from battle and monster effects, that's something other Links don't have. The best use for it is with Link-1s since they are the ones with the lowest ATK, where this can gain respectable ATK and protection over those cards, when you don't have other Link-2 options at the moment. While I can agree that this isn't a groundbreaking card, it has small uses in the right places.

How are Link 1s best?

that gets you a 2100 that still lets damage through to your face, at worst. That’s pretty bad.

Archived