Phalange Regenerator

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Phalange Regenerator
WATER
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Zombie/Effect]
ATK/ 1200 DEF/ 800

Once per turn: When a card is in your hand is sent to the GY; draw 1 card. If this card is removed from your hand: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Phalange Regenerator" once per turn.

Trying to think of Decks that'd be able to make use of the hand discards and stuff. I want to say Merlanteans or something can use it to trigger this card in hand to do whatever and then net a free draw, but do they even have the space for it? I guess you could also use to chain off hand traps if you can find space in a non-dedicated Deck. In the scope of Zombies, not sure where this fits in since they usually go the GY route. (IDK, discard this for Twin Twisters or something, blow up stuff and then regain hand advantage somewhat).

Type/Attribute combo is at least unique since I don't recall any notable WATER Zombies off top of head, except that Ice Barrier Spirit Monster or something.

Correct OCG (I think?)

Once per turn, when a card is sent from your hand to the GY: You can draw 1 card.

If this card is removed from your hand: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Phalange Regenerator" once per turn.

This makes me want to make a WATER Zombie archetype with old steampunk diving gear and such. Possibly add WATER Fairies to reference Bioshock (Wonder how you'd adapt that game into Yugioh). Not sure why I'm saying that, just that there could be an idea there. 

The card can activate its (2) effect in the DECK, which is interesting with Reload style effects, but I don't really know where this card is going with it. It sounds like the card that would be similar to Sinister Serpent, where you could recover it and use it as discard fodder. For example, instead of the second effect drawing you a card, maybe make it add another copy of itself from your Deck to your hand, and make it a hand version of Reborn Tengu. 

Other than that the card is fine. 

"If this card is removed from your hand:..."

IIRC there is no precedence for such clause, so I would like to know if this is also intended to activate when the monster is Summoned from the hand.

IDK why I'm wary from the first effect not being hard OPT since I feel Zombies have the capabilities of Summoning multiples and draw multiple cards. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to use them as materials afterwards and bring them back again for more draws.

Archived