AGM Christmas 2017! [Kyumi]

xlArisenRoselx

I'm a little early, but I have a reason. I want to make a card or two for everyone I know who has helped me here, kinda like Draconus's post of the same type. Anywho, I'm starting with my Secret Santa recipient.

[spoiler=Sakura]
Ok. So as many of you know, Sakura is always has been my mentor like user. I've always looked up to him, and he has been very kind in return. He has helped me in my ventures into this site, guiding me by telling me the rules when I started to clash with them, always gives helpful tips and advice, and even helped me get into the AGM. So, naturally, I was stoked to find out that he was my Secret Santa recipient. This is my chance to pay him back.

Now, working with the things he likes proved to be a bit of a challenge, but I think I put something together. Rabbits, Beast-Warrior, WIND, High Extra Deck Summoning:

Lagomorph - Lopped Vanguard
Level 4 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 1100/2000
If this card attacks or is attacked, you can target 1 “Lagomorph” monster in your GY, and if you do, Special Summon it, then, immediately after this effect resolves, you can Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon using the Special Summoned monster as a Material (The other materials must be the ones specified on the card). You can only use this effect of “Lagomorph - Lopped Vanguard” once per turn.

Lagomorph - Cottontailed Valkyrie
Level 4 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 1800/1100
When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, immediately after this effect resolves, Special Summon 1 "Lagomorph" monster from your hand or GY. You can only use this effect of "Lagomorph - Cottontailed Valkyrie" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by battle, you can Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck with 1100 ATK or DEF.

Lagomorph - Satin Seraph
Level 3 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Tuner/Effect - 1700/1100
Once per turn, you can discard 1 card, add 1 monster with 1100 ATK or DEF from your Deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed and sent to the GY, you can target 1 "Lagomorph" monster in your GY, add that target to your hand. Once per turn, while this card is in you're GY, you can Special Summon it, then all “Lagomorph” monsters you control become Level 4 until the End Phase.

Lagomorph - Pygmy Bard
Level 3 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Tuner/Effect - 1100/1200
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can make all "Lagomorph" monsters you control Level 4 until the End Phase. Once per turn, if you control only "Lagomorph" monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Lagomorph" monster from your GY, and if you do, you can treat it as a Tuner until the End Phase.

Morphing Magic - Multiplication
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 “Lagomorph” monster you control, Special Summon 2 “Lagomorphling Tokens” (Level 3, WIND, Beast-Warrior, ATK: ? DEF: ?). These token’s ATK and DEF are the same as the targeted monster’s ATK and DEF. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck the turn you activate this card, except for “Lagomorph” monsters.

Morphing Magic - Awareness
Trap Card
When your opponent’s monster declares an attack, you can target all of your opponent’s Attack Position monsters, send all “Lagomorph” monsters you control to the GY until the End Phase, also, change the targeted monsters into face-down Defense Position. You can only activate 1 “Morphing Magic - Awareness” per turn.

Hopper, of the Lagomorphs
Rank 4 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Xyz/Effect - 2200/1100
2 Level 4 “Lagomorph” monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, “Lagomorph” monsters you control gain 1000 ATK until the End Phase. When this card with no Xyz Materials is sent to the GY, you can target 1 “Lagomorph” monster in you're GY, Special Summon it.

Alf, of the Lagomorphs
Level 8 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Synchro/Effect - 2800/1100
1 “Lagomorph” Tuner + 1+ Beast-Warrior Non-Tuners
The Materials used for this card’s Synchro Summon are sent back to the Deck instead of being sent to the GY. Once per turn, if this card attacks or is attacked, you can discard 1 card, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase. When this card is destroyed and sent to the GY, you can Special Summon 1 monster with 1100 ATK or DEF from your Deck.

Littlefoot, of the Lagomorphs
Rating 3 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Link/Effect - 2500/3
Markers: SE, S, SW
3 “Lagomorph” monsters
Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 “Lagomorph” monster from your Deck, hand or GY into a Zone this card points to, and if you do, your opponent draws 1 card. If Synchro or Xyz monster is Special Summoned into this card’s Link Marker, you can discard your opponent’s entire hand. You can only use this effect of “Littlefoot, of the Lagomorphs” once per turn.

[spoiler=Draconus]
When I first met Draconus, I thought it was amazing that he founded a huge group called the AGM. Then when I learned what the AGM did, I immediately fell in love with it, and poured my heart and soul into trying to get into it. One of these attempts was a deck challenge where I had chosen 1 of Draconus's archetypes in order to make it in. Needless to say, I failed that one, but I'm sure Draconus knows I'm talking about the Chthonian archetype of his. So, I decided to make a card for him that would fit the things he likes, and fits perfectly in the archetype. So, here it is!

Chthonian Scythe Dragon
Level 8 - FIRE - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 2900/2000
3 "Chthonian" monsters
This card can only be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can declare an additional Battle Phase this turn. During the End Phase, if this card did not attack this turn, destroy it. When this card is destroyed and sent to the GY by an opponen'ts card (by battle or card effect), you can Normal Summon up to 3 FIRE monsters from your hand or GY except "Chthonian Scythe Dragon". You can only use this effect of "Chthonian Scythe Dragon" once per turn.

[spoiler=Dova]
Now. I just recently met this guy. But from what I can tell, he is a very positive, upstanding dude who loves to make cards and is very good at it too. He is never afraid to give his honest opinion about someting, and always tries his best on anything he ever does. Now, the things he likes, EARTH, Winged-Beast, hand advabtage, Pendulum and a subtype:

Retriemu
Rank 3 - EARTH - Winged-Beast/Xyz/Pendulum/Effect - 1800/1500
Scale 2
PE: When a monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle, draw 1 card. If this card in your Pendulum Zone would be destroyed, you can discard 1 card instead.
ME:
2 Level 3 monsters
When this card is Summoned, draw 1 card. Once per turn, you can detach Xyz Material from this card, add 1 Winged-Beast, Beast, or Beast-Warrior monster to your hand.

[spoiler=Eshai]

I've been pronouncing this guy's name as Ee-shy ever since I met him. I know that's not how it is pronounced, but I can't break the habit :P Anywho, this guy is always there to give good reviews, and isn't ever afraid to point out the downfalls in something. He also is really good at working on gimmicks for an archetype.

Now, the things he likes.... WATER, Zombie, and a cool gimmick of some sort:

Undeadbeard

Level 4 - WATER - Zombie/Effect - 1500/0

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Once per turn, if your Life Points are 7000 or less, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by paying 1000 Life Points. When this card is Summoned, each player gains 500 Life Points for each card they control. If your Life Points reach over 8000 by this card's effect, you win the Duel. 

(I consider a win condition a cool gimmick)

[spoiler=Mr. Melon]

I met this guy back when he was known as Tinkerer. This guy is amazing at what he does. Sure, he has had an absence or two, but that does not change his skill in card making or any other skills! If I'm not mistaken, I believe he was also here when the AGM first started up.

Now, this melon with a title likes the following things: WATER, Pyro, Toon without being in the "Toon" archetype...

Aquaflame

Level 3 - WATER - Pyro/Toon/Effect - 1200/1000

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. If your opponent does not control a Toon monster, this card can attack directly, but if it does, it loses 200 ATK during the Damage Step only. This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except by battle with a Toon monster. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the GY, draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Champion]

Honestly, I'm not sure about this guy. I hardly got the chance to meet him, but from what I can tell, he works hard, even disappearing at times to work on an archetype completely unbothered! 

This one was a little more challenging, since there was no specified preffered type or attribute, but that just gave me a little more freedom (even though I chose to do a Spell)! Wordplay, Field Spells...

Spilled Fell

Field Spell

When this card is activated, you can send the top 2 cards of both player's Decks to the GY. While this card is face-up on the field, and you control a face-up Effect monster(s), your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters, except monsters with the same attribute as the face-up Effect monster(s). 

(If you are wondering about the wordplay here, it is a little misspelled to make it work, but it works!)

[spoiler=Nyx]

This guy is fun. He seems to love dark themes, but acts completely opposite. He is always up to date with his memes, and loves to make people laugh. He never makes a card without card art, so I made sure I would make card art for him in my gift for him.

Now, working with the things our dear friend Nyx likes, rather simple, considering his list was pretty specific. Very much unlike Champion's lol. Anywho, LIGHT, Fiend, Synchro, Banishment.....

Demons_a-lineWings_438977.jpg

Archfiend Succubus

Level 7 - LIGHT - Fiend/Synchro/Effect - 2600/2300

1 LIGHT Tuner + 1+ Non-Tuner
Once per turn, when this card is Summoned, banish 1 random card in your opponent's hand. If this card attacks or is attacked, you can target the opponent's monster, change it to Defense Position. If this card battles a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than this card's ATK, inflict the difference as battle damage to your opponent, then, banish the opponent's monster.

Okay, so first let me say that I appreciate the gift. Seriously, Chthonian was designed long before I was competent at card design, and as such it's one of the few AGM archetypes that has members that are outright redundant/useless. I've always wanted to revisit it to make a better attempt at them (possibly giving them access to things like Rekindling), but I digress. This is a huge boon to their "battle a million times" strategy, and honestly really cool, even if it has a few . . . awkward restrictions. Thank you.

Let me just clean up that card text for you . . .

Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. During the turn this card is Fusion Summoned, you gain 1 additional Battle Phase. During your End Phase, if this card did not attack this turn: Destroy it. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card (by battle or card effect): You can Normal Summon up to 3 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard, except "Chthonian Scythe Dragon". You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

What is this? A Pendulum Monster? For ME?! :O

Xyz Pendulum! Oh boy. Shame it's missing the requirements, but assuming its just a generic 2 Level 3...wow. No HOPT draw on Summon? Well, perhaps that might make it a tech in R3 Spam such as Burning Abyss, but it's not really that much of a problem. It's not like R4. However, the search effect does immediately lend itself to Beast/Beast-Warrior Decks, such as X-Saber (an alternative to Invoker), and perhaps even Lunalights, Six Samurai and Fire Fists at a squeeze. Hell, Phantom Knights would have a field day as well. However, it doesn't really have the major speed any of those archetypes need, even with the immediate +2. Regardless, I would suggest HOPT on at least the first effect, as getting two of these suckers out grants you a +4 hand advantage, and no matter how beautiful that is, it's a problem in the current metagame. Or so I've been told :/ Now, if only Winged Beasts could easily get this card...there's that Level 3 Raidraptor combo, but Konami seems determined that make that as unattainable as possible...ah well.

Pendulum effect is byotiful. I liek. Might be a little problematic, but destroying by battle is so Master Rule 2, so not in today's metagame. Also, destruction protection! No OPT, and yet it doesn't deal with the other means of removal. I think that combo works out nicely.

Thanks for the gift ^^

Time to open my (early) Christmas present.

But yeah, I like the fact that you did make an archetype themed on rabbits (which is also funny, considering the character I'm using as an avatar right now was also made as a WIND monster). 

====

Lopped Vanguard is effectively an Extra Deck enabler that removes the need for those other Traps, so that's cool. Then again, I don't recall if we have Urgent Tuning or Wonder Xyz. Least you can make an instant Link 2 with this and another member at minimum. 

Cottontailed has a nice spam effect and good Main Deck stats for what it does, plus piercing. I got no complaints about it. 

Satin is a fine searcher for what it does (for AGM purposes, it shouldn't be an issue (though for the TCG, might have SOME unintended ones but not this card's fault in any way). Stats are a bit high for a Level 3 with a good effect; a suggestion could be to make it a Level 4; would also help in making the Synchro. 

Pygmy is nice for setting up Rank 4 plays (though most of the Main Deck is already this, so... Not sure what the added Tuner thing would do, except to enable more Level 8 plays into the Synchro. For our purposes, think we do have Synchros that require multiple Tuners, but idk if they're accessible for this Deck or if they even work well. 

Multiplication is technically stereotypical of rabbits, but it's still Link generation fodder. Too bad you can't really Synchro with them except for Pygmy changing Levels. 

Awareness is kinda awkward; thematically yeah, I guess the GY is kinda like a hole but probably could've banished them instead (iirc we don't have Iron Wall in AGM, or hopefully someone didn't make an equivalent of it as generics). But...can't argue with the face-down thing, though from my perspective, you could probably restrict your opponent's monsters while in Defense Position, but I'm probably thinking of Quaking Mirror Force too much for comparative purposes.

Hopper is fine, though it's basically a power booster thing (and our meta is certainly more resilient that relying solely on boosts). I mean, at least it can revive stuff when it goes, and subsequently, so...

Alf has a similar issue with Hopper being solely stat-based; I think it could've done better with having some form of effect removal (protection). As-is, it's already strong enough stat-wise to handle things and being semi-protected from common removal/effects would do it more good. Also the matter of summoning this purely, given both Tuners are Level 3, along with the Level 4s and again relying on Pygmy. 

Littlefoot is golden, since it gets to kill the opponent's hand when you summon stuff. I do like that it has a wide summon range, so... Problem with this card is dealing with GY triggers, but again, more the fault of cards that trigger this much. Also dead outside the EMZ, but what do you expect. 

=====

I do like them, so thanks. 

Just gave more critique on a few of them (well, improvements) because of comparisons to generics that fill similar (but better) niches with less effort and/or more payoff. 

Ummmmmm

Undeadbeard

Level 4 - WATER - Zombie/Effect - 1500/0

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by paying 1000 Life Points. When this card is Summoned, each player gains 500 Life Points for each card they control. If a player's Life Points reach over 8000 by this card's effect, that player wins the Duel.

So what happens if you go first and you set a card beforehand? Don't you just win? Also feel like Win Conditions should have more setup than this. It also provokes ties in most cases, which is considered bad by Konami's standards ever since Self Destruct Button was banned for exploitative purposes. Not saying a card like this can't work, just saying you should probably make this some sort of boss monster with a Summoning restriction that's a lot harder (but not impossible) and change up the effect so that setup would matter. That way you could build a Deck around it rather than turning every other Deck into "draw this card turn 1".

I could've sworn I posted here. But either it got deleted or it slipped my mind altogether. Anywho:

Now this card is spot-on. Right on the ball. First off it's a Synchro (Thank you!), its only requirement is LIGHT Tuner. So it's compatible with stuff like Fabled. And a banish of the hand with each Summon? Nice! Sure, I'd normally prefer to banush stuff on the field, but banishing stuff from the hand is still sure to hurt. In fact, this card's reminiscent of Mefist the Infernal General. Fiend, the hand removal, and inflicting piercing Battle Damage. Though Mefist didn't also banish the monster. Only thing I don't like is the "+ 1 Non-Tuner" bit. What if I don't have a Level 4 or 5 monster? But that aside, it's still a pretty cool card and meets all the traits I like. Well done.

Archived