Overcode Processor

Atypical-Abbie

Trying out Magic Set Editor as well, got that to work somewhat, not perfect, but good enough I think. Anyway, this is a LINK-4 monster which supports Cyberse by searching or sending stuff to the GY, though it's limited in that you only get to search for the amount of monsters it is linked to, which means other monsters pointing to it as well, so it can search for higher than 4 in special circumstances. Additionally, it can send monsters to the GY it points to and double its ATK, though you can only attack monsters it points to if you do this, and you halve damage it inflicts.

overcode_processor_by_zaziuma-dbx72v4.pn

2+ monsters, except Tokens
When this card is Link Summoned: You can take 1 Cyberse monster from your Deck whose Level is less than or equal to the number of monsters this card is linked to, and either add it to your hand or send it to your GY. Once per turn: You can send 1 monster you control this card points to to the GY; double this card's ATK until the end of this turn, but all battle damage it inflicts is halved, also it can only attack monsters it points to.

The drawback of halved damage input, limited attack range, and giving the opponent 2 zones to Summon from the Extra Deck, far exceed the 5000 ATK for a Link 4 in the Extra Monster Zone.

The dumping effect is also a tad underwhelming. I expect Dotscaper enabling things most of the time, and at least it doesn't need co-links.

However, the biggest thing I noticed about this card is the pointers. This greatly facilitates Extra Link with 2 of the most common Link 2 monsters out there, and this card already supplies 1 material for the third Link Summon you'll do there.

I'm not sure how to feel about that. 

How about instead of the ATK gain effect:

"Once per turn: You can destroy all monsters this card points to, and if you do, increase this card's ATK equal to the combined ATK of the destroyed monsters, but all battle damage this card inflicts is halved. The changes to this card last until the end of the turn." 

The one you made seems like it would be used more as just simple cost removal rather than to make a big monster, which is fine but I feel people wouldn't care about the ATK gain with the restrictions it puts on the player for the effect that you use.

Might also make it require at least 1 Cyberse, and make all the arrows diagonals. No particular reason other than contrasting Firewall. Not sure if it's better or worse, but it'll probably be more of a spectacle for players to be interested in. 

The drawback of halved damage input, limited attack range, and giving the opponent 2 zones to Summon from the Extra Deck, far exceed the 5000 ATK for a Link 4 in the Extra Monster Zone.

The dumping effect is also a tad underwhelming. I expect Dotscaper enabling things most of the time, and at least it doesn't need co-links.

However, the biggest thing I noticed about this card is the pointers. This greatly facilitates Extra Link with 2 of the most common Link 2 monsters out there, and this card already supplies 1 material for the third Link Summon you'll do there.

I'm not sure how to feel about that. 

You say dumping effect, you know it add to the hand as well? I am not concerned about Extra Links, at this point, it is still a gimmick, and besides, it points to the opponent's field, so they aren't locked out.

How about instead of the ATK gain effect:

"Once per turn: You can destroy all monsters this card points to, and if you do, increase this card's ATK equal to the combined ATK of the destroyed monsters, but all battle damage this card inflicts is halved. The changes to this card last until the end of the turn." 

The one you made seems like it would be used more as just simple cost removal rather than to make a big monster, which is fine but I feel people wouldn't care about the ATK gain with the restrictions it puts on the player for the effect that you use.

Might also make it require at least 1 Cyberse, and make all the arrows diagonals. No particular reason other than contrasting Firewall. Not sure if it's better or worse, but it'll probably be more of a spectacle for players to be interested in. 

Well, I feel like that may be a bit strong for a generic monster, that is also designed to ladder up with other monsters. I mean yeah, it still needs to point to opponent's monsters, but I don't know. The arrows are arbitrarily placed, just to make it seem more special and give more options.

You say dumping effect, you know it add to the hand as well? I am not concerned about Extra Links, at this point, it is still a gimmick, and besides, it points to the opponent's field, so they aren't locked out.

Your reply doesn't seem to assume this card would obviously go in your middle Main Monster Zone, pointing to both Extra Monster Zones and not to any opponent cards.

Extra Link IRL currently requires at least 5 co-Linked monsters, some of which required lower Rating Links laddering into them throughout a massive and specific combo.

That is what makes it gimmicky. I doubt it'd necessarily stay a "gimmick" once you make a generic Link that reduces the combo to 3 co-Linked monsters in a V formation. It is about the amount of effort it takes to make 2 Firewalls.

Yes you can also add it to your hand, but I found it easier to link to 1 card and dump Dotscaper which wants to go to the GY to further plays that turn (note that I said "easier", which doesn't mean it should be the only play). Your other potential goal would be to search Backup Operator, but it'd require pointing towards 3 monsters, so it would have to go in the Extra Monster Zone, pointing to an opponent's monster, and to 2 other monsters you have, which I realize is what you were aiming for considering the other effect, but I find it more effective at just giving you the Extra Link play with whatever else (Missus Radiant, Decode Talker, we just need the other Links pointing to diagonal-down arrows) and just send something to the GY along the way.

Archived