My entire Embergon Archetype REDUX (10/10)

ABC Gun

Artworks for these cards done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=6689 and https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=31821 please support them when you can

​OK, so I was looking back at these cards I made earlier this year and I realized how badly I designed them, so now I'm redoing them all at once (because they were in different posts from each other before). For starters, all of them except Overheated Superbeast Embergon are Nomi monsters with the first three being Semi-Nomi, and they all have the same Summoning condition of banishing FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, and/or Wyrm monsters from the field or GY, but each requires 1 more monster to banished than the previous making this Deck perfect for The Grass Looks Greener, Reasoning, or Monster Gate, but I would have Reasoning in the Side Deck. By the way, those cards also fit this Archetypes primary gimmick; burning the opponent when specifically a Normal Spell/Trap is activated in the same column as any Embergon monster (btw, the Embergon Normal Spells/Traps also require you to activate them in a column where you control an Embergon monster) and in doing research for this, I found out that Dragons alone have A LOT of Normal Spell support to them that would fit perfectly with this Archetype. The Normal Spells and Traps here (quickly) are just there to further help the Deck in burning the opponent, nothing to special other than 2 of them search the others, and Roaring Flames can be activated from the hand.

Overheated Superbeast Embergon is... morbidly interesting, if you're into playing bulky, slow, resource guzzling, tanks that can potentially set-up a ruthless and double-edged OTK. Let me explain its Normal Summoning condition, you need 5 Tributes in total, and I know that's a lot but it does put monsters in the GY to Special Summon the other Embergons. Before anyone says it, I lifted Tyranno Infinity's effect for its ATK/DEF but that's because its a part of the OTK. It has some immunity but not to any Normal Spell/Trap so Raigeki and Mirror FOrce can wreck this thing. Its burn effect makes it at least worthy of being at 1 in the Side Deck, or having an entire Deck built around it.

​Lastly, the Link Monster is unique in that it does not point to your field EVER, but instead points to 3 of your opponent's zones. This is because of its effect to destroy and banish any monster(s) it points to that are Special Summoned to those pointed zones the first time they would be Special Summoned there each turn. Its burn effect is entirely dependent on your Embergon Normal Spells/Traps being in your GY, and for this reason this effect can burn your opponent more and more each time you activate an Embergon Spell/Trap in its column, kind of like Dark Room of Nightmare.

​[spoilersMonsters]
OJIXGoc.jpg
Embergon, the Heated Beast
​FIRE Level 4 Dragon Effect
ATK 1600/DEF 200
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) By banishing 1 FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, or Wyrm monster from your field or GY. You can only Special Summon "Embergon, the Heated Beast" once per turn this way. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: You can add 1 "Embergon" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Embergon, the Heated Beast". Each time a Normal Spell/Trap Card is activated in this card's column, inflict 200 damage to your opponent when it resolves.

gxf0qCB.jpg
Embergon, the Scalding Waters Beast
​FIRE Level 6 Sea Serpent Effect
ATK 2200/DEF 200
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, and/or Wyrm monsters from your field and/or GY. You can only Special Summon "Embergon, the Scalding Waters Beast" once per turn this way. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: You can add 1 "Embergon" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Embergon, the Scalding Waters Beast". Each time a Normal Spell/Trap Card is activated in this card's column, inflict 400 damage to your opponent when it resolves. Once per turn, if you control no cards in your Spell & Trap Zone (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "Embergon" Normal Spell/Trap in your GY, then Set that target face-down in this card's column.

EkuvBYy.jpg
Embergon, the Beast of White Flames
FIRE Level 8 Wyrm Effect
ATK 3000/DEF 200
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, and/or Wyrm monsters from your field and/or GY. You can only Special Summon "Embergon, the Beast of White Flames" once per turn this way. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: You can add 1 "Embergon" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Embergon, the Beast of White Flames". Each time a Normal Spell/Trap Card is activated in this card's column, inflict 600 damage to your opponent when it resolves. Once per turn, if you have exactly 3 Normal Spells/Traps in your GY with the same name (Quick Effect): You can target all those cards, then add 1 of them to your hand, and shuffle the others into the Deck.

101hWrX.jpg
Embergon, War Beast of the Scorched Earth
FIRE Level 10 Dragon Effect
​ATK 4000/DEF 4000
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 4 FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, and/or Wyrm monsters from your field and/or GY including 1 "Embergon" monster. You can only Special Summon "Embergon, War Beast of the Scorched Earth" once per turn this way. If this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy all other cards in this card's column and in each column adjacent to this card, and banish those cards instead of sending them to the GY. Each time a Normal Spell/Trap Card is activated in this card's column, inflict 800 damage to your opponent when it resolves. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Normal Spell/Trap in either player's GY, then replace this effect with that target's effect that activates on the field, also banish that target when this effect resolves.

5yCJbBW.jpg
Overheated Superbeast Embergon
​FIRE Level 12 Sea Serpent Effect
ATK ?/DEF ?
Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 5 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's original ATK/DEF is the number of your banished monsters x 1000. Unaffected by card effects, except Normal Spells/Traps. Each time a Normal Spell/Trap Card is activated in this card's column, each player takes 1000 damage.

PV7etUF.jpg
FIRE Wyrm Link Effect
Link Arrows: ↖ ↑ ↗
ATK 2400/LINK-3
2+ FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, and/or Wyrm monsters
Each turn, the first time a monster(s) is Special Summoned to a zone(s) this card points to, destroy that monster(s), and banish them instead of sending them to the GY. Each time a Normal Spell/Trap Card is activated in this card's column, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of "Embergon" Normal Spells/Traps in your GY x 300. If this card would be destroyed by battle, or if it would leave the field by an opponent's card effect, you can banish 1 "Embergon" card from your GY instead.

​[spoiler Spells & Traps]
sW0DF2f.jpg
​Embergon's Slash and Burn (Normal Spell Card)
Activate this card in the same column as an "Embergon" monster you control. Destroy 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls, and banish it instead of sending it to the GY. If this card is in the GY: You can banish it, then add 1 "Embergon" Normal Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, except "Embergon's Slash and Burn". You can only use each effect of "Embergon's Slash and Burn" once per turn.

wrcRFw9.jpg
​The Fiery Heart of Embergon (Normal Spell Card)
Activate this card in the same column as an "Embergon" monster you control. Send the top 5 cards of your Deck to the GY, then draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "The Fiery Heart of Embergon" per turn.

u0OUozy.jpg
Embergon's Roaring Flames (Normal Trap Card)
Activate this card in the same column as an "Embergon" monster you control. If an opponent's monster declares an attack: Destroy the attacking monster, and banish it instead of sending it to the GY, then end the Battle Phase. You can activate this card from your hand while you have 4 or more banished FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, and/or Wyrm monsters.

QmAYtMB.jpg
Embergon's Incineration Breath (Normal Trap Card)
Activate this card in the same column as an "Embergon" monster you control. Reveal your entire hand, then discard any number of FIRE Dragon, Sea Serpent, and/or Wyrm monsters, then destroy the same number of cards your opponent controls, and banish them instead of sending them to the GY, and if you do; inflict damage to your opponent equal to those destroyed cards x 500. If this card is in your GY: You can banish it, then add 1 "Embergon" Normal Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, except "Embergon's Incineration Breath". You can only use each effect of "Embergon's Iincineration Breath" once per turn.

The first thing that strikes me is the lack of protection on the Link boss. You get it out, hooray for decent burn and all of that, and locking your opponent out of 3 zones for their first summon and whatnot, but it doesn't take much to get over this bad boy. I would say just slap on some protection, but the said triple zone lockout isn't something to scoff at. I would suggest changing the up one to point down; that way the effect ignoring other "Embergon" monsters actually makes sense, and doesn't kill you in the mirror matchup.

The second thing that struck me was mister Overheated Superbeast. Now, not only is it completely protected from effects save from its uber-specific Embergon related protection, but it is completely generic in every other aspect. The protection from everything other than Embergon effects might as well be an "unaffected" when splashed into another Deck, and all you need is 3 monsters, and whatever monsters your opponent has that you can't otherwise get rid of. Now, if you said that that would be a hard situation to reach, you would be right...but it's even harder to actually get over. It can easily get to 5k in this Deck, let alone how it might do in something like Shiranui, and there is nothing keeping it in the archetype. Even if your opponent manages to keep up a wall in order to keep himself alive, it has its own TRIGGERABLE version of Ultimate Falcon's burn. All too much on one card, methinks.

Lastly, we have the archetype's speed, or lackthereof. You don't really have a way of stocking your GY, outside of Embergon, and the archetype isn't big or generic enough as a whole to allow for a Grass is Greener strategy. Even Reasoning and Monster Gate don't work, as you can't SS these bad boys save for your Level 12, which goes to the GY anyway. However, you do have consistency down, as seen in your monster+S/T searching in most of the cards.

I don't like burn Decks, but this one comes across rather decently, save for the aforementioned effects. You have column play and management, and although I don't really see why the restriction for Normal S/T to apply is there, at least it allows you to have a little more freedom with powerful support outside of those types.

The first thing that strikes me is the lack of protection on the Link boss. You get it out, hooray for decent burn and all of that, and locking your opponent out of 3 zones for their first summon and whatnot, but it doesn't take much to get over this bad boy. I would say just slap on some protection, but the said triple zone lockout isn't something to scoff at. I would suggest changing the up one to point down; that way the effect ignoring other "Embergon" monsters actually makes sense, and doesn't kill you in the mirror matchup.

The second thing that struck me was mister Overheated Superbeast. Now, not only is it completely protected from effects save from its uber-specific Embergon related protection, but it is completely generic in every other aspect. The protection from everything other than Embergon effects might as well be an "unaffected" when splashed into another Deck, and all you need is 3 monsters, and whatever monsters your opponent has that you can't otherwise get rid of. Now, if you said that that would be a hard situation to reach, you would be right...but it's even harder to actually get over. It can easily get to 5k in this Deck, let alone how it might do in something like Shiranui, and there is nothing keeping it in the archetype. Even if your opponent manages to keep up a wall in order to keep himself alive, it has its own TRIGGERABLE version of Ultimate Falcon's burn. All too much on one card, methinks.

Lastly, we have the archetype's speed, or lackthereof. You don't really have a way of stocking your GY, outside of Embergon, and the archetype isn't big or generic enough as a whole to allow for a Grass is Greener strategy. Even Reasoning and Monster Gate don't work, as you can't SS these bad boys save for your Level 12, which goes to the GY anyway. However, you do have consistency down, as seen in your monster+S/T searching in most of the cards.

I don't like burn Decks, but this one comes across rather decently, save for the aforementioned effects. You have column play and management, and although I don't really see why the restriction for Normal S/T to apply is there, at least it allows you to have a little more freedom with powerful support outside of those types.

Redid Overheated Superbeast, now it only has immunity to monster effects but can get rekt by Raigeki and Mirror Force and you now need 5 Tributes on your field to Normal Summon it. I also changed the Link Monster's effect to destroy and banish anything it points to and can prevent itself from being destroyed or removed from the field by banishing Embergon cards in the GY.

Archived