[Written] World Legacy Enraging

Dova

World Legacy Enraging
Continuous Trap

If a "Krawler" monster attacks or is attacked by an opponent's monster, at the start of the damage calculation: You can banish this card from your GY, then target that "Krawler" monster; it gains ATK and DEF equal to your opponent's monster's ATK, until the end of this turn. Monsters your opponent control gain these effects:
● If this card attacks a face-down Defense Position monster, at the start of the Damage Step: Flip that face-down monster face-up, then, if it is an Insect monster, return it to the hand.

Got this idea when I saw Sleepy's FLIP monster. Thought this would be a nice way of triggering your Krawler monster's effects, although I am worried it is a bit too enabling. The main effect is designed to activate both the FLIP effects and the leaving the field effects of the Krawler, but again, too strong? I could have it just target one monster, but that might ruin the inherent design choice I had for it initially, to deal with boss monsters. The GY effect is just to tie it into the archetype, and to provide a bit more DEF if you don't want your monster to leave the field.

CnC would be appreciated.

First some theming issue: I believe this should be a "World legacy" Card. Would make it more searchable and I think all/most of the Spell and Traps that support Krawlers right now are "World Legacy"

Interesting it triggers during the damage step so the attacking monster doesn't get a replay. This card really heavily disincentives attacking blindly into your monster. It doesn't get them anywhere and you go +1 or +2 depending on the Flip effect. In some sense, it's too good since your opponent will never attack any face-down monster and just always wait until they have other removals (for your monsters or this card) so you won't get this effect off too many times. You can chain this card to the attack during the battle step where they can't change their attack and get it off that way though.

I made a card a while back that triggered both effects, the consensus was split between 

• "Krawlers" being so bad that wouldn't break them
  • +2 is too much plusing for one card

Personally, I think it's way too hard to trigger then floating effect without triggering the Flip effect while adhering to the deck's play style. A necessary evil in a sense.

The grave effect is nice, would have been nice if you could use it when you're attacking. Is there some reason you decided not to have it trigger then? I'm trying to figure out whether or not you can activate this when your opponent attacks your face down monster, I believe so since it modifies ATK/DEF and the "Krawler" would be face up by the start of the Damage Step which would be cool since it sets you up for a link next turn.

First some theming issue: I believe this should be a "World legacy" Card. Would make it more searchable and I think all/most of the Spell and Traps that support Krawlers right now are "World Legacy"

Interesting it triggers during the damage step so the attacking monster doesn't get a replay. This card really heavily disincentives attacking blindly into your monster. It doesn't get them anywhere and you go +1 or +2 depending on the Flip effect. In some sense, it's too good since your opponent will never attack any face-down monster and just always wait until they have other removals (for your monsters or this card) so you won't get this effect off too many times. You can chain this card to the attack during the battle step where they can't change their attack and get it off that way though.

I made a card a while back that triggered both effects, the consensus was split between 

• "Krawlers" being so bad that wouldn't break them
  • +2 is too much plusing for one card

Personally, I think it's way too hard to trigger then floating effect without triggering the Flip effect while adhering to the deck's play style. A necessary evil in a sense.

The grave effect is nice, would have been nice if you could use it when you're attacking. Is there some reason you decided not to have it trigger then? I'm trying to figure out whether or not you can activate this when your opponent attacks your face down monster, I believe so since it modifies ATK/DEF and the "Krawler" would be face up by the start of the Damage Step which would be cool since it sets you up for a link next turn.

I wanted to give them an actual card relating to them, but I guess I should go with their original flavour than try and create my own.

As for the effect itself, I thought they had enough ATK boosting cards as is for their own plays, but I guess another wouldn't hurt. It actually wouldn't trigger if they attacked your face-down monster, even though that's how I intended it to be used, as a monster is still face-down at the start of the Damage Step, and is only flipped face-up for damage calculation. Timing of said effect has been changed to reflect that.

Thanks for your comment!

Archived