3x Pot of Duality

3x Cosmic Cyclone

1x Soul Charge

[Traps - 10]

3x Blaze Accelerator Magazine

3x Dimensional Barrier

2x Call of the Haunted

1x Solemn Strike

you can run an extra deck is you want.  need to fill those two slots (could be non-traps I guess) and I'm sure my staple list needs updating so bring it on.

Just so you know, you put accidentally put the Spells as 19 instead of 9.

As for card choices, I hear that these days hand traps are the hot topic given how much first turn Link spammery occurs. To my understanding the hot items are the Ghost Girl series, so Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit, and Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring. Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries might also be useful if you aren't really all that fond of an Extra Deck, so you could use her alongside ED staples to shut your opponent down.

With that said you could sub out the D. Prisons in favour of the Ghost Girls, as well as subbing out those 2 empty trap slots. If you do like your traps though you could make use of Solemn Warning's younger sibling Solemn Strike, which basically does similar work with the added plus of screwing over other hand traps. If you don't like playing in the Link Era you could definitely also use Dimensional Barrier, which is good for shutting down mono-type EDs like Frightfurs and most Zoodiacs.

Other than that, your deck looks pretty standard for Volcanics.

Oh yeah, there are a lot better choices than MST now, with the likes of Twin Twisters, Galaxy Cyclone, and Cosmic Cyclone now existing. Cosmic can be pretty good considering that a lot of backrow nowadays love to be destroyed by card effects, but still hate banishing. So it cockblocks those sorts of cards while still getting rid of them.

The old 1 of traps and Prisons don't really cut it anymore sadly, you can add Strikes and Maxx C, 3 Ash and possibly 2-3 Ogres if there's room to replace those.

If you really wanna play a high trap count adding a Paleo engine is a thing, or ASF and Order if your spell count was lower.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the side deck, a strategy that pros do AFAIK is starting with the Solemns and other Traps in the side, and trade them in and out with the Ghost Girls depending on if you go first or second in the next duel(s) of the match. You can't go wrong with field nukes like Raigeki, Dark Hole, plus a couple of Kaijus.

With Chameleons and the Ghost Girls, Needlefiber looks like a solid ED pick. Even if you don't Link ladder, you can just leave a Snow Rabbit on the field and suppress the opponent with its effect. It's not available in TCG yet, though.

Other ED picks I can think of are Tornado Dragon, Utopia the Lightning. IDK if Dweller is still good.

Have you considered, or tested, Aleister and Invokeds?

Designator from the Grave is also a popular card in OCG, for stopping hand traps and whatnot. Should be good to run it here if you are not in TCG format.

Gofu + a few Links should still be a solid tech, although IDK if it would conflict with the x3 Dualities.

Archived