Maxx W (Worm) [Written]

Sleepy

Maxx W

LIGHT Level 8 [ Insect / Tuner / Effect] 1200/3000

(Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; the next 8 times a card(s) is added to your opponent's hand, banish the top card of your opponent's Deck. If a monster is banished by this effect, gain LP equal to its ATK. If 2 or more cards have been banished by this cards effect (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only use each effect of "Maxx W" once per turn. 

- - - - - -

Doesn't banish the cards face-down. I don't think all cards should be this harsh these days.

It is mainly a little trolling for Maxx C, but it can give you enough LP to live another turn worth of OTKs, ruin your opponent's deck by eliminating pretty much one fifth of the total. It caps out because I also don't wanna encourage OTK or FTK combos.

The card should work on draw effects (like Pot of Desires), search effects (like RotA), bounce effects (like Compulsory Evacuation Device), and retrieve effects (like Gold Sarcophagus or Salvage).

The card pretty much is only an inc bigger than a Needle Worm's mill, it is also a Tuner for no real reason.

... why is there such an arbitrary limit? Seriously if they add more than 8 cards to their hand in 1 turn, they might as well get punished for it.

Anyway: OCG

(Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; the next 8 times a card(s) is added to your opponent's hand, banish the top card of your opponent's Deck. If a monster is banished by this effect, gain LP equal to its ATK. You can only use this effect "Maxx W" once per turn.

The card is interesting, although I feel there should be a way of Summoning this. Possibly have an effect like "When 2 or more cards are added to your opponent's hand: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY." Gives possible reusability and a wall of defense against whatever OTK is coming your way. 

... why is there such an arbitrary limit? Seriously if they add more than 8 cards to their hand in 1 turn, they might as well get punished for it.

Anyway: OCG

(Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; the next 8 times a card(s) is added to your opponent's hand, banish the top card of your opponent's Deck. If a monster is banished by this effect, gain LP equal to its ATK. You can only use this effect "Maxx W" once per turn.

The card is interesting, although I feel there should be a way of Summoning this. Possibly have an effect like "When 2 or more cards are added to your opponent's hand: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY." Gives possible reusability and a wall of defense against whatever OTK is coming your way. 

My reasoning was that dropping a Maxx C leaves the amount of adds the opponent has up to the user, and it can easily end the duel right there if it didn't have a cap. I've seen enough combos of 20 to 30 Summons in one turn.  I do want it to punish Maxx C usage, but not so much as a game loss for decking out, I think. It is like they can't control how much they are gonna get there.

Current cap is based on the card's Level, but it could change since I wasn't sure what the best amount would be.

Are you positive that reducing the text to just adding without saying from where is gonna capsule all the forms I mentioned? I wasn't sure the way I had it would even really account for drawing into them, let alone bouncing from the field or adding banished/GY cards to it. If you are sure that entails everything neatly, I'm all for that change.

I guess the LP gain is unreliable outside of Maxx C interactions, so yes, a form to Summon it sounds nice. I like that idea. I'm gonna edit it. With the extra effect.

How about "the next 8 times a card(s) is added to your opponent's hand, except by drawing them, "? I think bouncing monsters to their hand is a pretty interesting combo that could increase the potential of the card in some cases, where you could guarantee some LP gain. 

How about "the next 8 times a card(s) is added to your opponent's hand, except by drawing them, "? I think bouncing monsters to their hand is a pretty interesting combo that could increase the potential of the card in some cases, where you could guarantee some LP gain. 

The card is meant to trigger when:

-Cards are added from banished to hand.

-Cards are added from GY to hand.

-Cards are returned from field to hand.

-Cards are drawn to hand (including normal draw in this case, not just effects).

-Cards are searched from Deck to hand.

^all of these, so I'm a little more interested on how to include them rather than exclude them from the effect, since other than Maxx C, this is probably not gonna make much of a negative impact.

Also, I need to note that this card gives you +LP based on the ATK of the monsters that end up banished from the top of the opponent's Deck via its effect, not from the cards bounced.

Another note: I was thinking about making it banish 1 card off the top of the deck x the number of added cards, not just x the number of times cards are added, but I'm not sure if that'd be dangerous considering Trickstar Reincarnation and Disturbance Strategy could make things very ugly very fast.... What do you think? ^^"

Archived