Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[OOC][PG-16][Started][Not Accepting] Persona: Philosophy of Man | Co-hosted by Saiku

* * * * * 1 votes

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Dad

Dad

We give no fucks about the way that you feelin'.

• Topic Starter
  • Juice

• 14,777 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:02 AM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Alright, profile should be done. Also I mighta glitched something out cuz every below my post is now bolded lol.

As for combat, I'm not sure. Are we going to have shorter or longer combat posts? Discord is good for short, fast-paced stuff, but in long fights with long posts, it gets really clunky.

First of all, God Damn it cat.

As far as length of posts go, i do believe they'll be on the longer side. But that might not be true for every post.

Ooh, that's a good point. When I suggested having combat primarily in Discord, I was mostly thinking of the more routine shadow fights that, after, like, four or five, I would be hard-pressed to write one hundred words without writing myself to sleep. But big, climactic fights should probably be in the IC thread.

I think the only time you guys will have large numbers of shadow encounters will be towards the end game. Early on you'll be engaging most shadows for the first time so their weaknesses and abilities won't be established.

This could, in turn, affect the length of the fight.
Drowning in your silence.

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • 19,593 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Put The Guns On!!

• Dad likes this

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,326 posts
    Last Visit 58 minutes ago
  • Alias:Nai

Can I vote for a middle ground between the two? The main flow of the combat should be done in Discord because from what I see so far, in-IC combat flow is pretty horrendous especially for RPs sticking closely to gameplay mechanics.

However, what's done on Discord should really just be the general flow (X attacks shadow A, take damage and whatnot, shadow A attacks or something like that), while the actual posts should be written individually as to not heavily require collab-level of attention during combat situations.

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice

• 14,777 posts
How would you change the current system?

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,326 posts

Hm, putting it in practice with the current combat model is definitely pretty hard, though I am sure that if the actual core of the actions done on the battle itself is done through Discord, it'd be smoother.

Say we have 3 players, and the host. They're facing like 1 shadow boss or something.

A B and C with A being the fastest. For convenience's sake the shadow goes last.

If combat is done fully in IC, A will post, then the next one to post has to be B, then C finally can post, before the host post with the shadow's action, rinse and repeat. It's in a way like usual RP combat, but it ends up being a lot more rigid.

If done on discord/skype like a pseudo-collab, it'd be quite awkward to post, although it's not as bad as the above. Relying on people being around to write short passages should be better.

The third option is to do the barebones flow of combat in discord/skype. So we'd have a chat where A states that he's going to do X, then B does Y, C does Z, then the host can calculate and mention the impacts of their actions before mentioning the enemy's action. From those barebones information, people then can build a post from there, and even if someone ended up being missing, their action can immediately be mentioned without it feeling like powerplay/premature puppeteering.

It''s not ideal but that's what I'm thinking.

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice

• 14,777 posts

The third option is to do the barebones flow of combat in discord/skype. So we'd have a chat where A states that he's going to do X, then B does Y, C does Z, then the host can calculate and mention the impacts of their actions before mentioning the enemy's action. From those barebones information, people then can build a post from there, and even if someone ended up being missing, their action can immediately be mentioned without it feeling like powerplay/premature puppeteering.

It''s not ideal but that's what I'm thinking.

This is what I was already doing.  The difference is I was marking turn count and using speed stat to determine who would post before one another.  My posts will always address each individual player's actions.  That won't be an issue.

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 342 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:10 AM

Okay, corrected text issue and now Tyler is done.

• Dad likes this
Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,326 posts

This is what I was already doing.  The difference is I was marking turn count and using speed stat to determine who would post before one another.  My posts will always address each individual player's actions.  That won't be an issue.

Err, not that. I think. My suggestion was more about the structure of what is done in discord rather than the structure of each turns.

How should I say it...

Alright, so let's say the party encounters a shadow with a speed of 7, while the party has 8, 10, and 6 Speed/Agi.

So we make a short session in discord first for each whole turns, consisting on like.

-Player with 10 Speed say he's going to do this this and this

-Host mentions the effect of his action

-Player with 8 speed mentions his actions

-Repeat step 2

-Host moves the shadow to attack, mentions the effects of the action

-Player with 6 speed mentions his actions

Something barebones like that is what I mean to serve as what I think needs to be done in discord. Basically it's like doing the encounter before actually writing it into the IC.

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

星降る夜のユートピア

• 千本桜

• 3,303 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 04:56 AM
  • Discord:Toyo#5410
  • Alias:Toyo
  • Spouse:Nai and an Airsoft model of an Arctic Warfare Magnum
Character Info
Combat Info

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice

• 14,777 posts

Err, not that. I think. My suggestion was more about the structure of what is done in discord rather than the structure of each turns.

How should I say it...

Alright, so let's say the party encounters a shadow with a speed of 7, while the party has 8, 10, and 6 Speed/Agi.

So we make a short session in discord first for each whole turns, consisting on like.

-Player with 10 Speed say he's going to do this this and this

-Host mentions the effect of his action

-Player with 8 speed mentions his actions

-Repeat step 2

-Host moves the shadow to attack, mentions the effects of the action

-Player with 6 speed mentions his actions

Something barebones like that is what I mean to serve as what I think needs to be done in discord. Basically it's like doing the encounter before actually writing it into the IC.

Hmm.  I would have no qualms with this.  It seems players are either undecided or divided 50/50, so I think this would be a fine way to host any battles that are not boss battles.  

Attention players.  I've come up with a set deadline for application submission.

All players interested must have their apps completed and submitted no later than January 8, 2018.

This means W.I.P. apps will no longer be accepted after January 8, 2018.  As of this Saturday, December 30, 2017, applicants will have slightly more than one week to submit their applications completed in full.  Please adhere to the deadline if you intend to participate in the RP.

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Thunder Dragon Champion

• The Last NetMonster
  • 1,716 posts
    Last Visit

A Veteran of History

• Dad likes this

a bad post

a bad post

waste quartz 4 waifu

• Elite Members
  • 1,539 posts
    Last Visit Dec 01 2018 02:34 PM
  • Alias:Elly
  • Spouse:Agro

Damn Dad, I sign in for the first time in ages just to join one of your RPs. WIP will be up soon-ish or something

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

Alaina

Alaina

「Number 1」

• Mekakushi
  • 1,227 posts
  • Alias:Skaia
Just your average schoolgirl

Skyheart.gif

RP Awards

Hachimitcher-Lemon

Hachimitcher-Lemon

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,237 posts
    Last Visit Oct 14 2018 02:53 AM
  • Alias:Mitcher

Also Sprach Zarathustra

Disclaimer: I've not read Nietzche.

Edited by Akyuu Von Hindenburg, 28 December 2017 - 09:26 PM.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,326 posts

Alright, finally finished my app. Since white-texting is so hard now that the edgy theme exists, just note that anything underneath a line inside of a spoiler tag would be spoilers regarding her actual self.

Oh yeah, persona identity is concealed for several reasons but i hope it's obvious enough.

Pygmalion

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice

• 14,777 posts

Debating moving up the deadline.  Will discuss it with my co-host.

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice

• 14,777 posts
Paul Lester Brown

God Among Men

Edited by Hi I'm Dad, 01 January 2018 - 08:29 PM.

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice

• 14,777 posts

Per discussion with my co-host, application due dates have been moved to this Saturday, January 6, 2018.  All W.I.P. applications must be submitted by this Saturday.  As of January 7, 2018, applications will no longer be accepted.  In addition, one additional player will be allowed into the RP total eight players (which will include me).  Furthermore, Player Persona stats will be increased by 5 points to be allocated as the player deems so.  The OP will be adjusted to reflect these changes.

Edited by Hi I'm Dad, 01 January 2018 - 06:29 PM.

The Hunter and Hunted

The Hunter and Hunted

It JuSt WoRkS

• Elite Members
  • 1,818 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:38 PM
  • Alias:Saiku

Well, after the rush of Christmas morning, I had time to put something together of sorts. Everyone, meet Thomasin.

Thomasin May Farros

Review

Whale of a Good Time

Review

Sharp-Tongued Support

Review

Devil May Care

Review

Feels good to be back -w- 

Hipster Transfer Student

Review

Put The Guns On!!

Review

Character Info
Combat Info

Review

A Veteran of History

Review

Just your average schoolgirl

Review

Also Sprach Zarathustra

Disclaimer: I've not read Nietzche.

Review

Alright, finally finished my app. Since white-texting is so hard now that the edgy theme exists, just note that anything underneath a line inside of a spoiler tag would be spoilers regarding her actual self.

Oh yeah, persona identity is concealed for several reasons but i hope it's obvious enough.

Pygmalion

Review

Paul Lester Brown

God Among Men

Review

Posted Image

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • 19,593 posts

Review

Indeedly so! I'm just glad everyone wanted you to go the whale route, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the idea XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users