[DPR] FUTURE PURGE: Attacking anywhere, anytime

Eshai

EDIT: Changed several of the OCG problems, and made the Deck a bit more balanced for the DPR. 

FUTURE PURGE. Idk I just like the name. Cyberhell didn’t sound cool enough.

Prompt

A toolbox of FIRE monsters, mainly composed Fiends and Cyberse monsters based on the enemies in DOOM made by Id:tm: Software with effects that have effect triggers like “if this card is attacked” or “when this card is destroyed by battle”. Sound simple? Well, you all have an assortment of Warrior monsters with the effects of being able to attack your own monsters with them, and then moving to their Monster Zones. This is a means of adapting one of the mechanical achievements of the new Doom, the Glory Kill system, which encourages you to get close and personal when low on health despite the fact that in most FPS games you have to wait behind cover. Also some of the Warriors are Link Monsters, meaning that in some cases they can move their arrows to places they might be more useful.

Wisps of Future Purged

FIRE - Level 1 - Fiend/Effect - 0 ATK/1200 DEF

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your hand, and if you do, immediately after this chain resolves, have this card attack that monster. (You can only attack once per chain). If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Future Purge” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of “Wisps of Future Purged” once per turn.

After a lot of testing, I found out with my previous attempts at official wording the archetype that I could start chains within chains via effects that cause attacking, since you’d go through the battle step which can be chained to. My solution to this was having the attacks go off after the chain resolves and having a “you can only attack once per chain” clause. It didn’t kill the utility of anything so I’m calling it a success.

The effect in itself cycles. SS, destroys itself, searches. However, it combos off with a lot of other cards in the archetype which I’ll mention as I get to them. While not the best card in the Deck, it’s a core card that brings a lot to the table.

Scamps, Spawns of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 2 - Fiend/Effect - 1100 ATK/200 DEF

This card must attack a monster, if able. This card can attack monsters you control. If this card is destroyed by battle or destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Future Purge" monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack during the Battle Phase this turn. You can only use this effect of this card once per turn.

UFO Turtle with a twist. If you use Wisp with it you can get a search and a Special Summon, which is pretty awesome considering you don't have to Normal Summon Wisps to get it's effect off.

The Summoned monster can't attack during the Battle Phase that turn. This is a sort of restriction I like to put in to encourage players to do things I want them to do, like attack during the Main Phase. Other than that it's just a way to make this not always better than I UFO Turtle  and also not allow you to repeatedly Summon Scamps over and over for Deck thinning purposes.

Pinky, Batteram of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 3 - Fiend/Effect - 2000 ATK/200 DEF

This card must attack a monster, if able. This card can attack monsters you control. If this card is destroyed by battle or destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 "Future Purge" monster from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of this card once per turn.

It's like Scamps. Just with more ATK. The GY recovery doesn't specify except Pinky, so you can get some nice plays off of it without screwing your resources. With Wisp and the Field Spell you can almost go the whole game without running out of cards, but your ability to finish the game with this Deck isn't incredible.

Kakughoul, Scalp of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 3 - Fiend/Effect - 200 ATK/2200 DEF

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can shuffle 3 “Future Purge” monsters from your hand and/or GY into the Deck, except “Kakughoul, Scalp of Future Purge", and if you do, draw cards equal to the amount of cards removed from your hand by this effect +1. If another “Future Purge” monster you control is attacked: You can change this card’s battle position, and if you do, change the attack target to this card. You can only use each effect of “Kakughoul, Scalp of Future Purge” once per turn. Gain LP equal to any battle damage you would have taken from battles involving this card instead.

The recovery card. This is a bit of a misconception on my part, where I think recovery cards like this aren't all that great. So I made it double as a reload card. Im probably taking off the “+1" so it can keep its identity as utility, but I'm not sure how badly that would impact the card, so for now it stays until further testing.

Also LP gain and attack redirecting. You haven't seen much of this yet, but this is a common theme in the Deck. I've had a couple game's where I gained over 10,000 LP in the duration of it. While it doesn't usually gain that much anymore

Conjur, Summoner of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 4 - Cyberse/Effect - 1500 ATK/1800 DEF

If a FIRE monster attacks or is attacked: You can Special Summon 1 "Future Purge" monster from your GY, except "Conjur, Summoner of Future Purge", in Defense Position, and if you do, change the attack target to it, and perform damage calculation. You can only use this effect of this card once per turn.

My FAVORITE CARD in this Deck. This isn't a playmaker, but rather a continuation of your plays that isn't necessarily advantageous. Yes you can go +1 every turn. Yes you can activate several of their effects in a turn. Yes there's no cost. But it MAKES your mid game and let's you go on long after you would've normally lost. Being as accessible as it is in the Deck during the mid game it's pretty fun.

This is where I display the problem of this Deck: It has 0 card effect protection. Basically this amounts to that you have boss monsters that your opponent can stop pretty easily with modern negation and quick-play monster effect removal. So while you have a lot of tools to gain advantage, it's very easy to lose said damage… if you don't know what you're doing.

Raskull, Howitzer of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 4 - Cyberse/Effect - 1900 ATK/1200 DEF

Once per turn, if a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned: You can, immediately after this effect resolves, have this card attack 1 of those monster(s) (you can only attack once per chain). If this card and/or another "Future Purge" monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy monsters your opponent controls up to the number of "Future Purge" monsters destroyed. You can only use this effect of "Raskull, Howitzer of Future Purge" once per turn.

This is basically your only protection against a board clear, and is also your only card effect protection (even though it isn't really). What this card is basically telling you is that My Body as a Shield isn't such a bad idea.

It can also automatically attack, so it could be it's own Quick Effect card destruction, but if you use it as a generic it's worse than Torrential Tribute, so maybe not.

Greave, Heavymetal of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 5 - Cyberse/Effect - 2000 ATK/2600 DEF

If a "Future Purge" monster attacks or is attacked: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, change the attack target to this card, and perform damage calculation. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, it is not destroyed. Neither player can take damage from a battle involving this card.

A hand battle trap… SIKE. This is for your Main Phase, being able to redirect your own attacks to a monster that can't be destroyed, and if put in Defense Position the attacking monster also won't be destroyed. Helps for swarming and battle protection. The flaw is that it can't do damage, but you also don’t do damage to yourself by attacking into it, so that's fun.

Doomcalibur, Knight of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 6 - Fiend/Effect - 2500 ATK/2000 DEF

This card can attack monsters you control. If a FIRE monster you control declares an attack: You can negate that attack, and if you do, Special Summon this card. You can only use this effect of "Doomcalibur, Knight of Future Purge" once per turn. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target another monster you control; have this card attack that monster (you can only attack once per chain). If this card would inflict damage to a player, that player gains an equal amount of LP instead.

Source of a lot of LP gain for this Deck. Negates the attacks you don't want, Special Summons itself, and can attack whenever you Special Summon it, making for some pretty spectacular plays.

Future Purged

Spell - Field

When this card is activated: You can add 1 “Future Purge” monster from your GY to your hand. Once per turn, if a “Future Purge” monster monster you control is destroyed by battle and would be sent to the GY, you can return it to your hand instead. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 2 FIRE monsters on you control; have the first target attack the second target (You can only attack once per chain).

Be honest. You thought with the start of that first sentence it was going to be a generic Field Spell able to search like so many before it. YOU LACK FAITH IN ME. Anyway the Field Spell like a lot of the Deck helps continue your plays rather than starting them. This isn't something I see much of in Field Spells, so I figured it would work here.

Lorewise, it's Hell. If a demon dies in Hell where did you think he was going to go? Originally the second effect wasn't OPT. However, that was broken and had a bit of looping. The 3rd effect helps when you don't draw as well, which is exactly what I want out of it, so mission accomplished.

Predator of the Future Purge

Spell - Quick-play

Destroy 1 FIRE monster you control and treat it as if it was destroyed by battle, then Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monster from your Deck and target 1 monster on the field. Immediately after this chain resolves, have this card attack the monster (You can only attack once per chain). You can only use this effect of “Predator of the Future Purge” once per turn.

Either a playmaker, protection, or a counter. The card does a lot what the a Deck has, and leads to a lot of different plays to be made. You could potentially gain a lot of advantage, but without combo pieces it's a -1, so be cognizant.

Prey of the Future Purge

Spell - Quick-play

If a monster is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monster from your hand or GY, and if you do, immediately after this chain resolves, have this card attack the monster (You can only attack once per chain). You can activate 1 “Prey of the Future Purge” per turn.

Counterpart to Predator. It does it's job, being able to respond to an opponent’s Summon or being able to continue your plays. Might make this or Predator into a Trap, but so far there's been no real reason to.

Future Purgeslayer
FIRE - DR, L - Warrior/Link/Effect - 1900 ATK/LINK-2

2 FIRE monsters
This card must attack a monster, if able. This card can attack monsters you control. If this card destroys a monster by battle: This card gains 500 ATK, and if you destroyed a monster on your field, you can move this card to that monster’s now unoccupied Monster Zone, and if you do, this card can attack once again in a row.

The player character. I said I would make more Warriors but there wasn't much of a reason to. Basically you can attack all your monsters for 1 final attack against your opponent. It isn't really a OTK enabler that I want it to be, but for now it's cool.

Other than that, it moves out of your Extra Monster Zone. It's more so to adapt the glory kill system from DOOM, but it can still be pretty helpful.

Kinesis, Spiderfiend of Future Purge

FIRE - L, R, D - Cyberse/Link/Effect - 2500 ATK/LINK-3
2+ “Future Purge” monsters

This card is treated as a Fiend monster. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 2 monsters on you control; have the first target attack the second target (You can only attack once per chain). When this card or another FIRE monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of “Kinesis, Spiderfiend of Future Purge” once per turn.

The Link 3 I made which makes the Deck A LOT better. Has the Field Spell’s effect but generic, and it can Special Summon several Future Purge monsters from your Deck in its lifetime.

This does sound broken, but tbh this Deck can end up using your Decks resources a lot, and getting them only after having a Link 3 as well as other monsters should allow for you to do more. It also has to do things by battle, so if your opponent uses any card effect to destroy it your screwed.

Malware, the Future Purge

FIRE - DL, DR, UL, UR - Fiend/Link/Effect - 3000 ATK/LINK-4

2+ monsters, including at least 1 “Future Purge” monster

This card is also treated as a Cyberse monster. This card can attack all monsters on the field, once each. If this card destroys a monster you control by battle: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. If this card is destroyed by battle or sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your GY with a different name, and if you do, you can, immediately after this chain resolves, have it attack a monster on either field (you can only attack once per chain.)

LINK-4, aka the boss monster. Being able to attack absolutely everything is BIG for this Deck. It allows for some spectacular plays. However, it’ll damage you quite a bit of damage to you if you’re not careful.

If you also play your cards right, it can float into Kinesis after destruction, meaning you’re not entirely alone if it ends up dying. Unfortunately, banishing and bouncing still work on this card, which is mostly this entire Deck’s weakness. Since that’s the case I might change this card’s effect again, so we’ll see.

This Deck is really fun when it goes off, especially with the spectacle of monsters you control attacking each other to gain advantage over and over again, and somehow in the end of it have LP higher than what you originally had. The Deck is more toolboxy so you aren’t going to get giant boards to the extent of stuff like D/D/D, but the Deck can last long after many would fall due to the LP gain and all of the GY recovery effects.

Hopefully you found this interesting. This took a while. I think I’m going to redo Affinfinities (hand mill archetype I did a while back) and then I’m going to keep making archetypes for the DPR.

never played d00m except to figure out its engine so cant talk about flavour but i never backed down from a challenge yet except for all the times that i did

Glimpse of the Future is an interesting, and quite probably overpowered, card. I mean, you've covered the potential locking out of your opponent's EMZ by specifying MMZ on Malware, but I don't like it as a replacement for Starlight Road. For one, that card counters your opponent's play against YOU, not just them happily Summoning monsters, minding their own business, and Starlight only blocks off on an active, yet relatively rare condition. Nobody even plays it any more. This card responds to something your opponent needs to do in order to actually get anywhere in their plays, guaranteeing its usefulness, locks them immediately out of two zones as well as killing the Summoned monster, and if you're playing a FIRE Deck, you then get a CotH on your archetype. Despite its otherwise weakness, think about it in tandem with an archetype like Streamclunk (by Fukato) if it was actually good.

As for the Deck itself, you're relying too heavily on Wisps. How else are you going to be able to get out more than one monster at a time without relying on your opponent? Even if the DP does have a different meta, I very much doubt it's going to be one where you can Set a monster and hope they don't pop it with a card or effect. You need more ways to get monsters out from the hand or Deck, preferably the latter, considering how much the archetype relies on the hand atm. Even Wisps itself can only get a monster out from the hand, and only grants a search when it is destroyed, putting you back at one monster. A few cards here and there do grant you speed, such as your Trap that banishes itself, but you need to actually have a choice of monsters in order to for it to be worth playing in the first place.

I'll comment again when the archetype can get some traction, as I don't really know how you're going to implement proper speed into the set. I will, however, say you should probably change Graeve's SS from hand effect to specify If, instead of When, so that you won't miss timing on cards like Wisp.

never played d00m except to figure out its engine so cant talk about flavour but i never backed down from a challenge yet except for all the times that i did

Glimpse of the Future is an interesting, and quite probably overpowered, card. I mean, you've covered the potential locking out of your opponent's EMZ by specifying MMZ on Malware, but I don't like it as a replacement for Starlight Road. For one, that card counters your opponent's play against YOU, not just them happily Summoning monsters, minding their own business, and Starlight only blocks off on an active, yet relatively rare condition. Nobody even plays it any more. This card responds to something your opponent needs to do in order to actually get anywhere in their plays, guaranteeing its usefulness, locks them immediately out of two zones as well as killing the Summoned monster, and if you're playing a FIRE Deck, you then get a CotH on your archetype. Despite its otherwise weakness, think about it in tandem with an archetype like Streamclunk (by Fukato) if it was actually good.

As for the Deck itself, you're relying too heavily on Wisps. How else are you going to be able to get out more than one monster at a time without relying on your opponent? Even if the DP does have a different meta, I very much doubt it's going to be one where you can Set a monster and hope they don't pop it with a card or effect. You need more ways to get monsters out from the hand or Deck, preferably the latter, considering how much the archetype relies on the hand atm. Even Wisps itself can only get a monster out from the hand, and only grants a search when it is destroyed, putting you back at one monster. A few cards here and there do grant you speed, such as your Trap that banishes itself, but you need to actually have a choice of monsters in order to for it to be worth playing in the first place.

I'll comment again when the archetype can get some traction, as I don't really know how you're going to implement proper speed into the set. I will, however, say you should probably change Graeve's SS from hand effect to specify If, instead of When, so that you won't miss timing on cards like Wisp.

Glimpse and Malware were pretty terrible in playtesting. Malware had too many restrictions and just felt clunky for both players. Glimpse was ok but I never got to REALLY exploit it since it was a Trap. I'll eventually try getting it to work, but at the moment I'd rather not. Maybe I'll make something like it in the future, but not now.

Yeah, the Deck relies too much on Wisp, although he was fine with most the other cards.

Pinky can grab itself out of the GY, so it helped a lot.

Conjur was really good at making some comeback for the Deck. Was really fun and kept the Deck going

Greave and Doomcalibur helped to make some cool combos.

Scamps was fine, but never really saw play. I'm going to give it the "attack your own monsters" shenanigans to see how that works.

Raskull, but most notably the mandatory auto-attacking was not fun and I avoided the cards like the plague. I'll be modifying those cards to attack optionally, so we'll see if I can get more leeway out of them that way. 

Future Purge (the Field Spell) was a bit too much. I'm putting the "return to hand" bit as a once per turn, since the Deck ended up having too many cards in hand at the end, which felt more ridiculous than anything. If the Deck isn't good enough after that I'll modify it.

Overall the Deck... never found the time to do damage. Personally, I would always be gaining LP since there wasn't much better to do, getting more toolboxy with my plays but having no true BOSS to Summon since Malware wasn't very good. Here's the changes to the Link Monsters:

Malware, the Future Purge

FIRE - DL, DR, UL, UR - Fiend/Link/Effect - 3000 ATK/LINK-4

2+ monsters, including at least 1 “Future Purge” monster

This card is also treated as a Cyberse monster. This card can attack all monsters on the field, once each. If a player would take damage from a battle involving this card, you can increase your LP by 1000 instead. If this card is destroyed by battle or sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your GY with a different name, and if you do, you can have it attack a monster on either field.

So rather than triggering your monsters during MP1 (after assuming you have 4 monsters in the first place) I made it so it can just attack anything and everything it wants during the Battle Phase. Considering when I used the card it was terrible, this should be more fun to use. New requirements is just testing to see what feels right, since I didn’t think every single Deck in the game should have access to a all diagonal pointing LINK-4 that could

Future Purgeslayer

FIRE - DR, L - Warrior/Link/Effect - 1900 ATK/LINK-2

2 Effect Monsters

This card can attack all monsters you control, once each, but can only attack monsters you control that this card points to. If this card destroys a monster by battle, except a monster on your opponent’s field: You can move this card to that monster’s now unoccupied Monster Zone, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK. You can only control 1 "Future Purgeslayer".

This is similar. The Link Arrows are better, and the original effect has been refined to KEEP doing stuff. The ATK increase is permanent now and you can eventually get a lot of ATK and potential damage, which the original iteration of the Deck lacked.

Kinesis, Spiderfiend of Future Purge

FIRE - L, R, D - Cyberse/Link/Effect - 2500 ATK/LINK-3

2+ “Future Purge” monsters

This card is treated as a Fiend monster. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 2 monsters you control; have the first target attack the second target. When this card or another FIRE monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of “Kinesis, Spiderfiend of Future Purge” once per turn.

Originally I had this be able to have 1 of the targets come from either field or have the targets have to be in zones it points to, but I’m still testing it so we’ll see what happens to be the most fun. This is based on the technically final boss of DOOM, but the other one I made a LINK-4 is not only more intimidating but much more iconic.

Working on some Spells as well. The Traps might get trashed, so I’m working on more utility stuff to make the Deck function. Restrictions and such not added due to the fact I’m not too sure how powerful they are.

Birth of Future Purge

Spell - Quick-play

Destroy 1 FIRE monster you control and treat it as if it was destroyed by battle, then Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monster from your Deck, and if you do, you can have it attack a monster on either field. You can activate 1 “Birth of Future Purge” per turn.

Rebirth of Future Purge

Spell - Quick-play

If a monster is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monster from your hand or GY, and if you do, have it attack that monster. You can activate 1 “Rebirth of Future Purge” per turn.

Not editing the original post as of yet until I'm sure what I'm doing is correct, since I'd rather not waste time editing the post over and over.

Archived