Season 17 Leaderboard Postseason (Match 2-1)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Standard stuff

- First to 3 or most votes by 12/25 @ 7:30 pm HST wins

- Voters must elaborate on both cards and explain why they picked their choice.

- Participants or I reserve right to contest votes if needed.

- Card C votes are allowed, though I would advise against it here due to the need to get this done on time.

- Voters will be repped for accepted votes. 

Theme

Make a "Majespecter" card

Entries

Card A

Majespecter Hurricane
Normal Spell Card
Tribute 1 WIND Spellcaster monster; add 2 "Majespecter" monsters with different Levels from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Majespecter Hurricane" per turn.

Card B

Majespecter Goat - Yudayagi
Level 7 | WIND | Spellcaster | Pendulum | Effect

Scale 2
2700/1200
PE: If a "Majespecter" Spell or Trap is activated: You can target 1 face-up "Majespecter" monster in your Extra Deck; add that target to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Majespecter Goat - Yudayagi" once per turn.
ME: Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. If you have 2 "Majespecter" cards in your Pendulum Zones, while this card is in your hand or face-up Extra Deck: You can Special Summon this card. Quick Effect: You can shuffle 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck into the Deck; destroy 1 monster your opponent controls. You can only use each effect of "Majespecter Goat - Yudayagi" once per turn.

====

Alright, please vote guys.

Card B immediately loses marks for having a Pendulum Effect. There's no doubt that it's useful for their effects, especially as it allows you to recycle your Pendulum Monsters in a different way now that MR4 is a thing, but flavour is important :P An additional Pendulum Summon is also really neat for getting rid of the monster you've just Pendulum Summoned to the EMZ using their probable search for a Tributing S/T, and then allowing you to SS this card from the ED to that same EMZ once its gone. Either works. Also, non-targeting destruction for monsters is great, but I would say Kirin is still better...except its banned. Was also hoping for S/T removal, considering how well the archetype already deals with monsters, but meh. Makes a decent replacement for Kirin.

Card A is simple, but still perhaps too much. The only reason the Tribute effect is okay is again because of MR4, meaning it is much harder to get back the monster you've just Tributed. It also turns Crow into an instant consistency card, rather than just some Spell removal, and it searching from the GY is undeniably helpful in easily resummoning back monsters from their hand. This might be just the card they need to get strong again, but I do feel it's treading on dangerous ground. Even with its HOPT, which again, goes against flavour. Probably means you'e done something wrong in that department :P

Card B is a little too weak, and Card A is a little too strong. Both have flavour issues, but both are helpful in this new era of YGO. Going to have to go with Card B, as the archetype does need a new boss now that Unicorn is gone, and although Card A grants consistency, it doesn't really need it as much as said boss.

Technically, this match ended about hour/half ago, but...I was watching a reindeer movie (what?)

But yeah, card B wins 1-0 (so I kept Dova's vote). This means BatMed moves on.

====

Alright, quick thoughts. 

A does help 'specters function more in MR4, though to be fair, you ARE stuck with either Raccoon + whatever 4 you want to grab back (least until Kirin comes back in full force). I say this because Cat has a slower search effect, but...I could be wrong about players using it nowadays. Card is fine, but technically, yeah, Tributing for them usually doesn't mean it's a cost because they can recur themselves. (Also because Linklebell [what], LANpholinks [w/e it's called], Electrum, etc exist now as outside techs).

Card is fine though, yes.

==

B is yeah, another boss for Kirin. Yeah, it's not as accessible, but that was the main issue people had with Kirin (at least it restricts you to the archetype itself). Also helps them reshuffle so you at least got another target for Raccoon to search or re-summon freely later without having to Link Summon. As for the Pendulum effect, yeah, flavor points off because it has one, though I concede the fact they do need ways to recover their monsters without resorting to the Links, especially if Konami goes ban hell on Electrumite and the like.

I would probably take B because it's more proactive to what they need to do, and provides more sticking power. A is fine.

Archived