AGM Gift Dova

The Nyx Avatar

In this world, there certain things that exist beyond human knowledge. Humans worship such things as gods, or fear them as devils. Perhaps it is fate that leads one to such things.

That aside, making this set...was really hard. I was able to meet most if not all preferred Types in one Attribute. But I had trouble finding a way to distinguish this from Ritual Summoning archetypes like Gishki and Nekroz. These are all WIND monsters. The non-Ritual monsters are all Psychic, while the Ritual Monsters are Winged Beast and Reptile. Perhaps a Thunder monster will be added soon. Psychic monsters loosely named after characters from Irish mythology while the Ritual Monsters are named after mythical creatures. Even "na Gaoithe" roughly comes to translate to "of the Wind". Psychic monsters have no gimmick outside of adding. Nor do the Ritual Monsters. Because...it was very hard for me to come up with one. Just hand and field advantage, like Dova might've liked. Intentions with the meta game? None outside of giving Ritual or WIND Ritual monsters a helping hand.

In any case, Merry Christmas Dova!

[spoiler=Show Monster Cards]

xuQpREn.jpg

WIND

Level 4

Psychic/Effect

ATK:1600

DEF:1400

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Spell/Trap Card that lists "na Gaoithe" in its text from your Deck to your hand. You can pay 2000 Life Points; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Apostle na Gaoithe - Brigid" once per turn.

LUMTpi8.jpg

WIND

Level 1

Psychic/Effect

ATK:0

DEF:0

This card can be treated as an entire Tribute for the Ritual Summon of a WIND monster. If a Ritual Summon was negated: You can Special Summon this card from your Deck. If Summoned this way, it cannot be destroyed by battle.

Q1iNXgD.jpg

WIND

Level 4

Psychic/Effect

ATK:1900

DEF:200

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "na Gaoithe" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Apostle na Gaoithe - Bres" once per turn. If this card attacks a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can increase this card's ATK by 800 until the end of the Damage Step.

Crjl9TQ.jpg

WIND

Level 5

Psychic/Effect

ATK:2000

DEF:2500

While you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "na Gaoithe" Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Apostle na Gaoithe - Nuadha" once per turn. If a Ritual Monster would leave the field: You can send this card from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard instead.

ycsOaxh.jpg

WIND

Level 10

Psychic/Effect

ATK:3000

DEF:3000

Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can banish 1 monster your opponent controls; Special Summon this card to your opponent's side of the field. If a Ritual Monster battles: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; until the End Phase, and monster that battles a Ritual Monster is banished at the end of the Damage Step.

6oBQrAY.jpg

WIND

Level 5

Reptile/Ritual/Effect

ATK:1900

DEF:2600

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "na Gaoithe" Ritual Spell Card. If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Psychic "na Gaoithe" monster from your Graveyard or Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Lord na Gaoithe - Hivemind" once per turn. You can discard this card; send 1 "na Gaoithe" card from your Deck to the Graveyard.

Xcf8BJS.jpg

WIND

Level 7

Winged Beast/Ritual/Effect

ATK:2700

DEF:1700

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "na Gaoithe" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "na Gaoithe" card from your Graveyard into your Deck to target 1 card on the field; return that target to the bottom of the Deck. While you control no monsters: You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 Psychic "na Gaoithe" monster from your Deck.

DwX3l2B.jpg

WIND

Level 10

Reptile/Ritual/Effect

ATK:3250

DEF:3500

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "na Gaoithe" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn: You can declare 1 card name. Your opponent must send all copies with that card's name from their hand and Deck to the Graveyard. If this card attacks: Send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Show Spell Cards]

bn7tZbk.jpg

Ritual Spell Card

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any WIND Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. If a "na Gaoithe" monster would be destroyed: You can banish this card from your Graveyard instead. 

ZSv791h.jpg

Continuous Spell Card

You can only control 1 face-up "Emer's Premonition". Face-up "na Gaoithe" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can reveal 1 WIND Ritual Monster from your hand; Special Summon 1 "Apostle na Gaoithe Token" (Psychic-Type/WIND/Level 1/ATK 2000/DEF 1500), and if you do, its Level becomes the Level of the revealed monster.

[spoiler=Show Trap Card]

G8MOCQ8.jpg

Counter Trap Card

Activate only while you control a face-up Ritual Monster. Negate the activation or effect of an opponent's Spell or monster card and if you do, destroy it. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; gain 200 Life Points for each face-up "na Gaoithe" monster you control.

[spoiler=Show Fusion Monster Card]

5YXgzXo.jpg

WIND

Level 10

Thunder/Fusion/Effect

ATK:3200

DEF:3200

2 Ritual Monsters
Must first be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn: You can banish 1 card from your Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy it. If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Gifts for other members of Archetype Generator Meta:

Draconus297

[spoiler=Show Card]

Founder of the club, very knowledgeable in the card game, good at reviews/critique, and a kind human being. Do I know exactly what you might've wanted. No, but I tried to put something together based on some of your favorite traits in monster cards.

zFzQpEz.jpg

FIRE
Level 9
Dragon/Effect
ATK:2900
DEF:3300
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by its own effect. You can banish 3 Dragon monsters from your hand or Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 of your banished Dragon monsters into your Deck to target 1 card on the field; destroy it, and if it is a monster, your opponent takes damage equal to its original ATK. If this card leaves the field: You can Set 1 Trap Card directly from your Deck.

Kyumi Niusuki

[spoiler=Show Card]

You're a nice guy. Very positive, full of ambition, and ready for generally any task. A member like you really does pump new blood into the club. I was thinking of making a furry-based card like Sakura did. However, based on the description you gave, I put together something more among the lines of that. For this one, I chose to put together some traits from monsters you liked. DARK, Zombie, high ATK, and protection.

7w7En6L.jpg

DARK
Level 8
Zombie/Synchro/Effect
ATK:2800
DEF:0
1 Zombie Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Zombie monster from your Graveyard; send 1 monster your opponent controls to the Graveyard. If this card leaves the field, you can activate Trap Cards from your hand until your next End Phase.

ChampionZero

[spoiler=Show Card]
A pretty cool member of the club. You've apologized for your absence various time. Though there's no need to, seeing how unlike other members, you've made returns with the intent of activity on this club of ours. For this card, I tried to put together some traits of cards you like. Even little touches like the Attribute, which you mentioned in last year's gifts.

dXlkasm.jpg

FIRE
Level 7
Pyro/Effect
ATK:2700
DEF:200
You can Tribute Summon this card by banishing FIRE monsters from your Graveyard as Tribute. While your Life Points are lower than your opponent's, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects.Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; destroy all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls.

Mr. Melon

[spoiler=Show Card]
b94sGBR.jpg

WATER
Level 4
Rock/Effect
ATK:0
DEF:2100
While this card is face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card is also treated as an EARTH monster. You can banish 1 Rock monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned, you can switch the original ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field.

Sakura

[spoiler=Show Card]
xF5vzka.png
Normal Spell Card
Activate while you control no monsters. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Ice Barrier" monster from your Deck. If your opponent controls a Special Summoned monster, you can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher "Ice Barrier" monster from your Deck instead.

I even love the names gdi

Firstly, the means of bringing them out, such as Legion's creative effect or Brigid's self-harming one combined with their actual ability to swarm with cards like their Ritual is great. Despite you saying they have a lack of an exact theming, I really enjoy the creativity you have placed on differentiating them from each other and giving them their own unique touch fitting to their theme, something that I always struggle with. Ziz is really beautiful, and I feel the epitome of this archetype, and how it might expand (more on this later). Hydra's effect is pretty destructive, but its archetypal restriction and milling is a pretty interesting, and balancing combination. Spells are great, and I love the genericness of the Trap's secondary effect.

Honestly, the only complaint I might have is its size, expanding on your touched upon themes, but this in itself is a great present. 

Thank you!

I even love the names gdi

Firstly, the means of bringing them out, such as Legion's creative effect or Brigid's self-harming one combined with their actual ability to swarm with cards like their Ritual is great. Despite you saying they have a lack of an exact theming, I really enjoy the creativity you have placed on differentiating them from each other and giving them their own unique touch fitting to their theme, something that I always struggle with. Ziz is really beautiful, and I feel the epitome of this archetype, and how it might expand (more on this later). Hydra's effect is pretty destructive, but its archetypal restriction and milling is a pretty interesting, and balancing combination. Spells are great, and I love the genericness of the Trap's secondary effect.

Honestly, the only complaint I might have is its size, expanding on your touched upon themes, but this in itself is a great present. 

Thank you!

Not to worry, not to worry. If you've seen any of my previous work, you'll see that I start small, but work my way up.

I'll be adding more, but first a couple of gifts for other members of the club!

Dragon Majesty is an evil monstrosity and I love it. Thanks to its Summoning condition, it starts with 3 free pops, and it can easily OTK by clearing out boss monsters. To top it all off, it comes on a 2900 body that can finish the job just in case your opponent survived three destruction rounds, and can just freely drop literally any Trap Card from your Deck if it gets removed. This thing can be a bit of a brick if you open with three of them, but it's definitely a fun thing to build a Deck around.

Thanks!

Omg yes! Level 8 is perfect for me, becuz I love Level 4 Tuners (why dont we have more of them?), and it's effect is spot on. I can destroy things for banishing zombies from my GY? Hellloooo Shiranui support! ATK is nice too, and the DEF only proves more Shiranui support. Anyway, it is an amazing card, thank you!

Wow, well thank you, Nyx. Man I wish I had made some for the bunch of you now.

As for-- I'm guessing that that's supposed to be 'Scorchevalier?" Whatever. It's awesome, and would fit right at home in my Igknight/FIRE Warrior Deck. I confess that being low on LP is often a problem of mine, so for my particular playstyle it's quite well prepared. The anti-Special-Summon destruction effect is nice, if a bit powerful... It's not as powerful as Flameplay Sorcerer though, so overpowered would be an unfair assessment.

All in all? Thanks, Nyx!

A bit spooked that Balor banishes as a cost, but Kaiju are even worse, and besides, what would they do with such a Ritual helping effect? Hivemind is pure beauty. Swarming and milling? Hooray! Was expecting a decent contact Fusion, and was provided one. A means of removal is very helpful for the archetype, especially outside of battle, but I don't think it quite has the speed for Na Goithe to be the main user of this bad boy. Regardless, a Fusion for Rituals is always welcomed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woo!  I like it!

Cool card, simple effects, but really practical in usage.  With the potential of Rocks in the AGM, it seems really easy to field as general fodder or as a big beater.  I'll like trying to build a Deck around it.  Nothing much else to say.  Solid card.

Archived