I need some muhfuckin technical help right now.

Dad

Got my modem hardwired to an ethernet switch.  My PC is connected to the switch, and so is my PS4.  My PC gets internet by my funking PS4 isn't getting a God damn IP address and I'm getting really annoyed.

I'd appreciate some assistance to anyone who knows what they're doing.

So my cables are good.  For some reason, while my pc is on my PS4 will not get net.  But if I turn my pc off and reset my modem (while the modem, ps4, and pc are all wired to my ethernet switch) my PS4 will get internet.

Wtf.

Do you have anything on LAN connection? Check your wired PC connection, and make sure it goes to a splitter, not a lan port

And then tell me if Wifi for PS4  works (or are they all wired physically)

Do you have anything on LAN connection? Check your wired PC connection, and make sure it goes to a splitter, not a lan port

And then tell me if Wifi for PS4  works (or are they all wired physically)

My wired pc connection works (connected to switch).  I checked all the cables.  They all work.

Wi-fi works on my PS4.  My PS4 will only not get internet on LAN if my computer is on.  If I turn my computer off and reset the modem, my LAN on my PS4 will give me internet.  Everything is currently wired physically.

My wired pc connection works (connected to switch).  I checked all the cables.  They all work.

Wi-fi works on my PS4.  My PS4 will only not get internet on LAN if my computer is on.  If I turn my computer off and reset the modem, my LAN on my PS4 will give me internet.  Everything is currently wired physically.

Do you need both your PC and PS4 to get internet at the same time?

four-lan-one-internet-port-wifi-router-1

Basically, computer in 2, PS4 in 1, and 1 won't work if you have 2 plugged in? 

Do you need both your PC and PS4 to get internet at the same time?

four-lan-one-internet-port-wifi-router-1

Basically, computer in 2, PS4 in 1, and 1 won't work if you have 2 plugged in? 

That's my goal, yes.  I think it may be my switch.  I'm gonna pick up a new one this week and get back with the results.

That's my goal, yes.  I think it may be my switch.  I'm gonna pick up a new one this week and get back with the results.

Switch just needs a hard button reset to update DNS settings. It buggered me for a while till I got that fixed. Look at your router again, or better yet, post a pic. Make sure 1-4 are identical. I used to have a router where 4 was different than 1-3 and putting a wire in 4 funked the other three up. Possible 1 is like that on yours

Archived