[AGM Christmas] Draconus

Eshai

I could say I was waiting until Christmas Day, but I've actually been a bit busy with everything going on, so hopefully I'm not too late for the party,

[spoiler: Draconus]

We've had our differences and disagreements. I like Link Format, you don't. You like weird, I dislike anything made in Yugioh that isn't weird. We probably will disagree on some other stuff in the future and I personally don't care. You're a great designer implementing the more likely "right" amount of weird into your cards, so getting commentary from you is always interesting no matter if I agree or not. 

I don't think I'll stop making weird things until I run out of weird ideas, but don't count on it. Rather than making my cards less weird, I'm going to try making my cards more accessible. Not quite sure how to do that yet, but I'll be learning as I'm making cards.

Now let's get into something absolutely crazy that you kinda asked for.

Dragons? Check. Interval of 3/6/9/12? Adapted into the LV mechanic. Gemini monsters? Have it. Counters, GY effects (on Gemini Monsters), a monster that can Tribute anywhere from 0 to 5 monsters, and an instant win condition? Yeah pls don't hate me.

Zmeyamatron Egg LV3
FIRE - Level 3 - Dragon/Gemini/Effect - 0 ATK/2000 DEF
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster. If this card is treated as an Effect Monster, it gains these effects.

● You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Zmeyamatron Egg LV” monster from your hand or Deck, and if you do, place 1 Life Counter on it. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY and target 1 Gemini monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by battle, and you do not take damage from a battle involving it until the end of the turn.

Zmeyamatron Egg LV6
FIRE - Level 6 - Dragon/Gemini/Effect - 0 ATK/2000 DEF
You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. You can Tribute any number of monsters for the Tribute Summon of this card, and if you do, place 1 Life Counter on this card for each monster Tributed. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to place 1 Life Counter on this card. If this card has 1 or more Life Counter(s) on it, it becomes an Effect Monster with these effects.

● You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Zmeyamatron Egg LV” monster from your hand or Deck, and if you do, place 2 Life Counters on it. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY and target 1 “Zmeyamatron” card you control; it is unaffected by your opponent’s Spell/Trap effects until the end of the turn.

Zmeyamatron Egg LV9
FIRE - Level 9 - Dragon/Gemini/Effect - 0 ATK/3000 DEF

You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. You can Tribute any number of monsters for the Tribute Summon of this card, and if you do, place 1 Life Counter on this card for each monster Tributed. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to place 1 Life Counter on this card. If this card has 2 or more Life Counters on it, it becomes an Effect Monster with these effects.
● This card cannot be destroyed battle or card effects, and you take no damage from a battle involving this card. During the Main Phase 1 (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Zmeyamatron” or “Zmeymatron” monster from your hand or Deck, and if you do, place 4 Life Counter on it.

Zmeymatron LV12

FIRE - Level 12 - Dragon/Gemini/Effect - 0 ATK/4000 DEF

You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. This card cannot be Tribute Summoned, except by Tributing up to 5 Gemini monsters, and if you do, place 1 Life Counter on this card for each monster Tributed. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to place 1 Life Counter on this card. If this card has 5 or more Life Counters on it, it becomes an Effect Monster with this effect.

● At the start of your next turn, you win the duel.

Zmeyamatron, the Life Breathing Dragon

Spell - Field

When this card is activated: You can add 1 “LV” Dragon monster from your Deck to your hand. If a card with a Life Counter(s) is removed from the field, place its Life Counters on this card. Life Counters on this card are treated as if they are also on “Zmeyamatron” and “Zmeymatron” monsters you control. If a “LV” monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can remove 1 Life Counter from this card instead.

Zmey and Zmeya are the Russian words for Dragon and Matron comes from Russian Dolls, as in the ones that get opened up to reveal another smaller doll. I think of it more as a molting egg similar to snakes, where the egg gets bigger and bigger over time, although you could also perceive it as a egg hatching to become another egg hatching into another egg hatching into another egg.

This isn't as refined as I'd like it to be. I wanted to test this on the Duel-Portal, but with Christmas stuff there has been an incredible lack of people, so I haven't been able to refine this. Maybe we could test it together if you wanted to.

Will be making some cards for a couple more people. Probably not entire archetypes but there are a couple more people that I think would be happy to have them.

Barring a couple of typos (LV 9 is a Level 6, "Place 2 Life Counter on it", "LIfe Counter"), and the Counter-dupe cards in the AGM like Heralding Doll likely assisting in some variety of FTK with these, it's a pretty well-designed and interesting set. Good job, man.

Fixed the typo stuff (also thanks Sakura didn't realize I posted it in the wrong place until it was too late.). 

Also, I believe you can't "FTK" with this since you have to wait until the start of your next turn. I do not know how Heralding Doll works but I guess if you could technically get this out on the board with Arcana Force ZA WORUDO, flip heads and have 2 monsters, you could FTK. I find it hard to believe you could FTK with this card that way though.

Heralding Doll can make additional copies of any kind of Counter on the field, as long as the card carrying those Counters can be targeted (to prevent Vennominaga FTK).

Shiroken Kunoichi have our equivalent to The World, whose effect has the SHS restriction instead of requiring a luck-based condition. She's a high-Rank Warrior- restricted Xyz, so the Deck might be a little inconsistent, but the play would basically be: get out LV 3, Miss Rank 5, and Heralding Doll (without putting S/T in your Graveyard) -> Tribute LV 3 -> get out LV 9 -> dupe its Counters -> LV 12 -> dupe -> Tribute Miss Rank 5 and Heralding Doll -> Win

Archived