How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day! [Borderlands Christmas themed cards] 2/2

Face McShooty

Greetings vault hunters! I have arrived with 2 (2!) presents for my viewing audience! I am very proud to unveil Frost Bottom AND Tinder Snowflake! Don't let the name fool you though, this Snowman is the most frightening thing you will ever see!!

ngGdDaV.png

Once per turn, if a WATER monster is summoned (except during the Damage Step); you can Banish 1 card randomly from your opponent's hand.

06XrfCs.png

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 Machine-Type monster while "Frost Bottom" is on the field. If "Frost Bottom" leaves the field, this card is destroyed.

Frost Bottom is fine, I guess, but I don't see a reason to run Tinder Snowflake in any kind of Deck with it.

For starters, Tinder has to Tribute a Machine. While Crystrons are WATER Machines, they won't be running this card ever. Probably means you should have it Tribute a WATER monster if you're Tributing anything at all.

As for the more in depth problems, these two don't seem to synergize in any way. Snowflake seems more forced to be run with Frost Bottom similar to how Neo Space was for Neos Fusions and Toon World for Toons. Instead, I might encourage the player to run both in the same Deck through mechanical advantage rather than obligatory field restrictions.

For example, Frost Bottom banished. Why not have a effect on Snowflake that plays off of banishing? Maybe even have Snowflake get destroyed at the end of the turn (since snow is brittle), but if a card is banished you can Special Summon it from the GY?

This is obviously not a good idea card design wise, but it's better to have your cards work together naturally with effects that synergize with each other rather than forcing them to work together with restrictions.

Archived