Pot of Desperation [Written]

SkaterTheDJWolf

Two things I thought about in relation to the balance of this card, is it OP in the current meta and is it OP compared to how they've treated other "Pot of" cards. Firstly, this desperately needs a HOPT (haha, see what I did there?). Next, thanks to how much the game has focused on swarming your field with monsters, I'm certain this card would be ran in almost every deck one could think of, or be side-decked at the very least. That means to me it's a really good card. However, is it... too good? For this card's brethren, they either make it difficult to draw 2, are banned, or only permit a draw 1 ultimately. As I said before, since this card would be really easy to use in this meta, the added effect of being able to negate an attack for the GY just seems to tip this card overboard. I mean, it's really just a slightly nerfed Pot of Greed with a bonus effect. I would suggest replacing the second effect with a HOPT, I think nerfing it anymore than that would drop it into the "meh" zone a lot of the other "Pot of" cards seem to inhabit.

Actually I think you are on the right direction with the first effect, since it requires you to be on board disadvantage to play it, which means it's pretty much dead when going first, and that's a critical turn to set up nowadays. That, or play it in unconventional decks that give the opponent 2+ monsters before you have to Summon anything.

I do agree on adding a hard OPT on the first effect. And regarding the last effect, as situational as it is, I can't tell if it's more of an overkill or an icing on cake considering the first effect is already good when going second or losing.

Just clearing up that I didn't say the 2nd effect was OPed or anything, but that I wasn't sure myself. Since the first effect is a tad situational, the second one could be good to fall back into. Or you know, mill/discard/etc. it to have the second effect available. IDK.

Archived