Udina, Heart of the Ocean

Kid Gambino

WP8FwKq.png

[spoiler=Lore]Udina, Heart of the Ocean

WATER - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Aqua/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 face-up "Umi" or "Umiiruka" on your side of the field to the GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's name is treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters, except this card, gain 300 ATK/DEF, and cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can send this card from the hand or field to the GY to select and add 1 "Umi", "Umiiruka", or Field Spell Card that includes "Umi" in it's card text from your Deck or GY to your hand.

[2400/2700]

[spoiler=Notes]Where my WATER monster fanatics at?! I feel like this archetype (and Fish/Sea Serpents/Aqua in general) have always been underappreciated by Konami and duelists alike, but in the recent years I've seen them get quite a bit of love. When I saw this picture, it immediately reminded me of the entire "Umi" archetype and all the cards that revolve around it, so I decided to make one that is essentially the boss monster version of the fan-favorite Field Spell. Udina serves as powerful support to WATER monsters, granting ATK/DEF buffs just like Umi, and can also be combined with anti-battle-destruction cards like Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord to create a good blanket of protection (not to mention cards like Torrential Tribute or Daedalus hurt only your opponent!) Lastly, just in case she becomes useless on the field or in the hand, you can discard her to fetch back those Field Spells that are oh-so important to their sub-archetypes if you're lacking. Any and all constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated, thanks!

Udina, Heart of the Ocean: LEVEL 8 / WATER /Aqua-Type / 2400 ATK / 2700 DEF

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 face-up "Umi" or "Umiiruka" on your side of the field to the GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's name is treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters gain 300 ATK/DEF, and cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can send this card from the hand or field to the GY to select and add 1 "Umi", "Umiiruka", or Field Spell Card that includes "Umi" in it's card text from your GY to your hand.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 face-up "Umi" or "Umiiruka" on your side of the field to the GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.

- Can only be summon only 1 way but, it is a super easy way of doing so just swapping out 1 card for this card. (a minus 1)

This card's name is treated as "Umi".

- You can never have too much of this since the archetype depends heavily on the sake of the name. you can play a second umi to have 2 of em.

All WATER monsters gain 300 ATK/DEF

- Having a umi field spell card on top of this as well give a 600 boost. Not too much of stat increase but still scary.

All WATER monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects.

- Including this boss monster? that may be a little over power seeing how it sits on 2700/3000 on normal then additional umi field spell plus etc. can making it a over 3000/3000 indestructible wall. Opponent can still target and etc. so maybe I am over reacting a little.

You can send this card from the hand or field to the GY to select and add 1 "Umi", "Umiiruka", or Field Spell Card that includes "Umi" in it's card text from your GY to your hand.

-Maybe include Deck too? or is that a tad too munch?

Pros

- easy to summon (terraforming or that one trap into field to this)

- makes a indestructible wall

- adds stats boost

- recycles cards

- rank 8 nonsense?

Cons

- minus 1 to summon

- only one way to summon meaning it is dependent on that to get on the field

- once it goes to the GY its usefulness is little to none.

- only fetches field spell from GY

- level 8 water monster does not mix greatly with other water archetypes?

Still a good card that only merits good because of the indestructible part and maybe the stat boost.

My suggestion:

Udina, Heart of the Ocean: LEVEL 8 / WATER /Aqua-Type / 2700 ATK / 3000 DEF

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 face-up "Umi" or "Umiiruka" on your side of the field to the GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's name is treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters except this card gain 300 ATK/DEF, and cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can send this card from the hand or field to the GY to select and add 1 "Umi", "Umiiruka", or Field Spell Card that includes "Umi" in it's card text from your Deck or GY to your hand.

Udina, Heart of the Ocean: LEVEL 8 / WATER /Aqua-Type / 2400 ATK / 2700 DEF

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 face-up "Umi" or "Umiiruka" on your side of the field to the GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's name is treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters gain 300 ATK/DEF, and cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can send this card from the hand or field to the GY to select and add 1 "Umi", "Umiiruka", or Field Spell Card that includes "Umi" in it's card text from your GY to your hand.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 face-up "Umi" or "Umiiruka" on your side of the field to the GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.

- Can only be summon only 1 way but, it is a super easy way of doing so just swapping out 1 card for this card. (a minus 1)

This card's name is treated as "Umi".

- You can never have too much of this since the archetype depends heavily on the sake of the name. you can play a second umi to have 2 of em.

All WATER monsters gain 300 ATK/DEF

- Having a umi field spell card on top of this as well give a 600 boost. Not too much of stat increase but still scary.

All WATER monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects.

- Including this boss monster? that may be a little over power seeing how it sits on 2700/3000 on normal then additional umi field spell plus etc. can making it a over 3000/3000 indestructible wall. Opponent can still target and etc. so maybe I am over reacting a little.

You can send this card from the hand or field to the GY to select and add 1 "Umi", "Umiiruka", or Field Spell Card that includes "Umi" in it's card text from your GY to your hand.

-Maybe include Deck too? or is that a tad too munch?

Pros

- easy to summon (terraforming or that one trap into field to this)

- makes a indestructible wall

- adds stats boost

- recycles cards

- rank 8 nonsense?

Cons

- minus 1 to summon

- only one way to summon meaning it is dependent on that to get on the field

- once it goes to the GY its usefulness is little to none.

- only fetches field spell from GY

- level 8 water monster does not mix greatly with other water archetypes?

Still a good card that only merits good because of the indestructible part and maybe the stat boost.

My suggestion:

Udina, Heart of the Ocean: LEVEL 8 / WATER /Aqua-Type / 2700 ATK / 3000 DEF

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 1 face-up "Umi" or "Umiiruka" on your side of the field to the GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's name is treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters except this card gain 300 ATK/DEF, and cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can send this card from the hand or field to the GY to select and add 1 "Umi", "Umiiruka", or Field Spell Card that includes "Umi" in it's card text from your Deck or GY to your hand.

The point about it affecting other WATER monsters was something I considered when I was first making the card, then completely forgot to actually include it in the final product lmao, so good catch. Not too worried about how her buffs stack with the other Field Spells as it's not a ridiculously huge buff, but your suggested card sounds pretty good to me, a nerf and a buff. Udina shall be updated. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, on the mention of her being Level 8, I didn't really put too much thought into it since she's semi-Nomi and it shouldn't matter, however if anyone who is much more familiar with WATER or Umi-archetype cards have a Level that allows her to work better with other cards, please let me know!

Archived